Page 11 of 52 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    For the reoccuring alarm issue time and date look correct on the display.
    This is a great app! Well thought out and I like the customization you've added to the look and features for the alarm, etc. I have one suggestion, and am hoping it wasn't brought up before... Could the app detect when it's been placed on the Touchstone and automatically switch the "Screen Always On" option to on?
  3.    #203  
    Could the app detect when it's been placed on the Touchstone and automatically switch the "Screen Always On" option to on?
    There is no API for that yet. I actually think it should stay on whenever the phone is on a charger, not just the Touchstone. I could break the options down to "Keep screen on when on the Touchstone" and "Keep screen on when on a charger" but that all depends on what API they will make available.

I have the re-occur alarming done with a few other fixes and features. The re-occur alarm code was 100% re-written and with the testing I have done seems to work very well. I will try to get it out tomorrow, if not Monday.
    Really nice app - much better than certain other similar apps ;-)
    Thanks.
  5. wix
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    This is a great app. I have found a couple of issues. If you set a alarm today 10/25 to go off on 10/26 at 7am, the date it will really go off is 10/27 7am. The other problems I found is if you set a re-occurring alarm to off for Saturday it also goes off on Sunday (i believe you are aware of this problem).
    One suggestion I have is when you choose a sound, the program should remember the one you had chosen previously (ie I already set a sound but wanted to check which one I had setup, you have re choose sound, I hope this makes sense). Thanx for all you hard work.
  6.    #206  
    If you set a alarm today 10/25 to go off on 10/26 at 7am, the date it will really go off is 10/27 7am.
    Was this a re-occuring alarm?
  7. wix
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    no not reoccurring.
  8.    #208  
    no not reoccurring.
    I was about to release an update tomorrow night. I will hold off a few days and see if I can get to the bottom of this. I have a few ideas but its hard to test since it is working fine for me.

Wix, does your date and days show correctly in the main clock screen?

Just out of curiosity what country are you in WIX and what carrier are you on?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wix View Post
    . . . I have found a couple of issues. If you set a alarm today 10/25 to go off on 10/26 at 7am, the date it will really go off is 10/27 7am. . . .
    This is exactly what I experienced, and couldn't articulate. Thanks, wix
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    I was about to release an update tomorrow night. I will hold off a few days and see if I can get to the bottom of this. I have a few ideas but its hard to test since it is working fine for me.

Wix, does your date and days show correctly in the main clock screen?

Just out of curiosity what country are you in WIX and what carrier are you on?
    (This is davidtm)

Date, day correct in main screen.

USA, Sprint
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
  11. wix
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    USA, Sprint.
  12.    #212  
    I am trying to get an idea of how many people are having this problem. Only a handful of people have brought it to my attention. Are one-time (I know re-occuring have problems) alarms working correctly for most people?

Wix and davidtm, would you be willing to test some debug releases to help figure out the problem?
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    Sure
  14.    #214  
    I just uploaded an update, version 0.1.5. Check the first page for the changelog. There is one thing I noticed that I believe is a Palm bug. The alarm name text field can only be tapped on in the center for it to be changed. It is supposed to be able to be tapped on anywhere to edit it.

I am working through the issue of alarms going off a day late on a few peoples phones. Since there were only a few people that said they had this problem I didnt think it warranted holding off in releasing this update. If anybody else is experiencing this issue please let me know.
    This is one of the best updates next to reoccuring alarm! Great job man! I've told everyone I know and see that has a pre that this is a must have app!
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Found a bug I think. If you set your alarm for say 6 am and exit out, everything is fine. However, if you go back into the same alarm to add a sound to play, the alarm time will change to the current time. You have to change the alarm time again and then exit out.
    This is a great app!!! It reminds me of an app I frequently used with my Treo that I sooo missed for the Pre, until now.

Wishlist:
    1) Instead of having a universal snooze setting for all alarms, I'd like to see an independent snooze option for each alarm. That way, one could set a different snooze setting for each alarm. More on this suggestion later.

2) A chime feature would also be nice. Possibly, the option of chiming hourly, quarterly or every half hour. Another option would be to select the time frame the chime would sound (i.e., between the hours of 7:00am - 8:30pm).

3) It would be convenient if an "alarm" icon showed in the "alert(s) area" of the Pre indicating the time the next alarm will trigger. Further, selecting the alert would then open up the Timepiece app to the active alarm for editing (this suggestion is basically how the stock "clock" feature operates).

That's enuff for now. Keep up the great work!
    Quote Originally Posted by mohaynes View Post
    This is a great app!!! It reminds me of an app I frequently used with my Treo that I sooo missed for the Pre, until now.

Wishlist:
    1) Instead of having a universal snooze setting for all alarms, I'd like to see an independent snooze option for each alarm. That way, one could set a different snooze setting for each alarm. More on this suggestion later.

2) A chime feature would also be nice. Possibly, the option of chiming hourly, quarterly or every half hour. Another option would be to select the time frame the chime would sound (i.e., between the hours of 7:00am - 8:30pm).

3) It would be convenient if an "alarm" icon showed in the "alert(s) area" of the Pre indicating the time the next alarm will trigger. Further, selecting the alert would then open up the Timepiece app to the active alarm for editing (this suggestion is basically how the stock "clock" feature operates).

That's enuff for now. Keep up the great work!
    Your probably thinking of TreoAlarm. I'll report back if I happen to run across any bugs.
    I like number 3. Like how the Pre's stock alarm shows up in the notifications area.
    Last edited by h3artl3ss; 10/30/2009 at 04:52 AM.
  19.    #219  
    Found a bug I think. If you set your alarm for say 6 am and exit out, everything is fine. However, if you go back into the same alarm to add a sound to play, the alarm time will change to the current time. You have to change the alarm time again and then exit out.
    Some other users are reporting that the date/time of alarms are showing different than what they set. I will get a new update out by the end of the weekend.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    I would assume at one point, they probably went back into an alarm they set to change something. Once they do, the alarm will change automatically to the current time. If they don't see that, then ya, it won't be set right.