Page 10 of 52 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes
    I absolutely love this app and it's even better with the new updates.
    I have noticed that the feature of the timepiece automatically starting (if it's not running) when you have a pending alarm doesn't work for me.
    The only other thing I've noticed is when a scheduled alarm goes off, my screen doesn't go off within 30 sec like I have it set to do under the screen & lock icon; any suggestions?
    amazing app

keep going
  3.    #183  
    I'll run another trial tonight and let you know.
    Davidtm, is it still changing the date to the day before?

I love the app, however I must be doing something wrong. I set a reoccuring alarm for Monday, Wed, and Fri., and it goes of on Tue., Thurs.
    setenzo, are you still having a problem with this?

Yes, this is what I have been doing. So I have to wait for the alarm to go off to turn it off? If that is the case, could you please make it so that one can disable the alarm simply by unchecking the box?
    anddlay, no you dont have to wait for the alarm to go off. You have to go back into the main clock screen before you exit the program. All the alarm setting/unsetting (done in the background) is done in that screen when it loads. I will also make it so that it sets/unsets in the clock prefs screen as well.

Right now the 5 alarms are listed as alarm 1, alarm 2....How about a way to lable each alarm
    This will be in the next release.

I have noticed that the feature of the timepiece automatically starting (if it's not running) when you have a pending alarm doesn't work for me.
    The only other thing I've noticed is when a scheduled alarm goes off, my screen doesn't go off within 30 sec like I have it set to do under the screen & lock icon; any suggestions?
    Is it a reoccuring alarm that you are trying to auto-start with? If so, this is a known bug. I am going to rework the reoccuring alarm code in the next release. The screen will stay on indefinetly after the alarm has gone off. I can look into turning it back off after the 30secs (or whatever time) setting in the screeen and lock info.
    Global Posts
    104 Global Posts
    Great work and Thanks again

Quote Originally Posted by X7JAY7X View Post
    Davidtm, is it still changing the date to the day before?

setenzo, are you still having a problem with this?

anddlay, no you dont have to wait for the alarm to go off. You have to go back into the main clock screen before you exit the program. All the alarm setting/unsetting (done in the background) is done in that screen when it loads. I will also make it so that it sets/unsets in the clock prefs screen as well.

This will be in the next release.

Is it a reoccuring alarm that you are trying to auto-start with? If so, this is a known bug. I am going to rework the reoccuring alarm code in the next release. The screen will stay on indefinetly after the alarm has gone off. I can look into turning it back off after the 30secs (or whatever time) setting in the screeen and lock info.
    Global Posts
    799 Global Posts
    I forgot to check it yesterday. However, it came on today! I realized that Alarm 1 was still "checked", so I assume that keeps it on, even if it's not marked as Reoccuring?

My daughter is now convinced it's not reliable, so she's glad mom went with her to soccer this WE, and not me.
    No trees were killed in the sending of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced
    andddlay, no you dont have to wait for the alarm to go off. You have to go back into the main clock screen before you exit the program. All the alarm setting/unsetting (done in the background) is done in that screen when it loads. I will also make it so that it sets/unsets in the clock prefs screen as well.
    Okay, I understand now. Thanks for explaining it!
    great app!

it's nice to be able to control the brightness and contrast, but is it possible to get the screen even darker? I leave my Pre on the touchstone at night and the screen is a little brighter on the touchstone...it still lights up the room.

thanks
    A couple of things:

First, I had a recurring Alarm (Alarm1) checked and turned on for Monday thorugh Friday at 4:30 AM. I had a recurring alarm (Alarm2) checked for Saturday and Sunday at 700AM. Saturday morning Alarm1 went off at 0430 even though neither Saturday nor Sunday was checked in the recurrance settings.

Second, I changed Alarm1 to wake at 0500, made sure it was 'On' but this morning it did not go off. Good thing I woke up on my own :-)

I'll have to give up for now since I really need an alarm clock that is reliable but this potential, just need the confidence that it will work in the future. I like the clock look and I like the UI.

Thanks
  9.    #189  
    First, I had a recurring Alarm (Alarm1) checked and turned on for Monday thorugh Friday at 4:30 AM. I had a recurring alarm (Alarm2) checked for Saturday and Sunday at 700AM. Saturday morning Alarm1 went off at 0430 even though neither Saturday nor Sunday was checked in the recurrance settings.
    Re-occuring alarming has known bugs. I am not surprised that it isnt working properly. I am going to re-write most of the re-occuring alarm code for the next release. Maybe I will do this ASAP and get this out very soon. I am concerned about the fact that it went off a day late. This is the second report of this. Was this also a re-occuring alarm?

Second, I changed Alarm1 to wake at 0500, made sure it was 'On' but this morning it did not go off. Good thing I woke up on my own :-)
    Was this a re-occuring alarm?

I'll have to give up for now since I really need an alarm clock that is reliable but this potential, just need the confidence that it will work in the future. I like the clock look and I like the UI.
    Sorry, this is beta. If it was 100% ready it would be on the app catalog. It has known problems that I am working through. The next update should cure most if not all of the alarming issues. From what I gather most of the issues are with re-occuring alarms.
    Re-occuring alarming has known bugs. I am not surprised that it isnt working properly. I am going to re-write most of the re-occuring alarm code for the next release. Maybe I will do this ASAP and get this out very soon. I am concerned about the fact that it went off a day late. This is the second report of this. Was this also a re-occuring alarm?

Was this a re-occuring alarm?

Sorry, this is beta. If it was 100% ready it would be on the app catalog. It has known problems that I am working through. The next update should cure most if not all of the alarming issues. From what I gather most of the issues are with re-occuring alarms.
    Both alarms were re-ocurring alarms, yes.

And no need to be sorry, this is certainly a great start. I look forward to future updates!

Thanks
    I appreciate the work you are putting in on this, but I am still having the same problems as packpackpack. I have tossed out my old alarm clock because I like yours better. If the bugs get worked out it will be "gold Jerry gold". In addition, if like myen asks the brightness to be turned down further would be fantastic.
    Global Posts
    158 Global Posts
    I jinxed myself last week when I said that my alarm was working. It didn't go off today, and I was late for the first time in 15 years.

Anyway, maybe this will help with the fix. I had a "reoccuring" alarm set for Monday-Friday at 5:15am. It worked flawlessly last week (M-Th). Now, upon going to sleep on Thursday, I unchecked "alarm 1" as I had the day off on Friday. Sunday night, I then checked alarm 1, went in and make sure all the settings were the same as the week before and then went to sleep. I woke up at 7:01 and the alarm never went off.
    Great app. Nice visual and functionality.
    One request: alarm for n repetitions of .wav file, i.e. it won't sound forever if not manually silenced.
    The following is taken from the Treo 700P users manual....

Alarm Sound: sets the tone played the first time
    your alarm goes off.
     Reminder Sound: sets the tone played if an alarm
    is not acknowledged and the alarm repeats
    itself.
     Repeat: indicates how many times the alarm
    repeats itself if it is not acknowledged.
    Last edited by jsecunda; 10/21/2009 at 01:56 PM.
    Having the same issue with the re-occuring alarms being a day off, have alarm 1 set for m-f (started it on tue) and alarm 2 set for sat/sun, alarm 1 went off on wed, thu, fri and sat. alarm 2 went off sun and monday, seems to be shifted by a day. Great app, already replaced my old clock
    Wow, some of you have actually replaced your alarm clocks with your Pre using Timepiece? Do you have your touchstone on your nightstand??
    Quote Originally Posted by thegeester68 View Post
    Wow, some of you have actually replaced your alarm clocks with your Pre using Timepiece? Do you have your touchstone on your nightstand??
    It hasn't totally replaced my alarm clock, due to it being beta and I have had a few problems s I set two alarm clocks. However, I do have my touchstone on my 'nightstand' (its just table :P) and it is on over night, every night.
  17.    #197  
    For those of you that are having a re-occuring alarm go off a day early/late, does the correct day of the week show up in the main clock screen above the time?
    Great app thanks! Since I use this primarily while the pre is on the touchstone, is there a possibility of have a charge level indicator bar incorporated somewhere in the clock screen?
    Another really nice feature would be to have a volume 'ramp up' option. Volume would start low and ramp up to the max selected. I don't even know if that would be possible with WebOS...
  20.    #200  
    is there a possibility of have a charge level indicator bar incorporated somewhere in the clock screen?
    No. No official API yet.

Another really nice feature would be to have a volume 'ramp up' option. Volume would start low and ramp up to the max selected. I don't even know if that would be possible with WebOS...
    10/21/2009 08:13 PM
    No. No official API yet.

I don't want to sound like a broken record but Palm is way behind in what should be available to developers. Most of the things people have suggested in the last few pages are things that are on my "things I want to do if Palm ever gets off their **** list". It is frustrating because I want to put so many features in this app but I can't officially yet. I want to have volume settings, a battery indicator, notifications for starters but I can't. I have been waiting MONTHS for Palm to allow me to officially keep the screen on all the time. Still hasn't happened.

So anyway, didn't mean to go off on a tangent. I just want people to understand that I want to put alot into this app but I can't right now. So I am not ignoring anyones suggestions I am putting them on a list. I do appreciate the suggestions alot and keep them coming.

On another note, I will be releasing a update soon with a few major features, a few bug fixes, and hopefully a 100% working with no bugs re-occuring alarm.