Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hi
    Is there an app or way to print from the Pre?
    Probably need to load CUPS onto it, then print over WiFi to a network printer. This would take quite a bit of work.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Yes this would be so helpful.
    Commodore Pet, Commodore 64&128, Amiga 4000, PC-7, Ubuntu, Treo 650. Treo 755p,Sprint Palm Pre Plus 2.2.4,2 Sprint Pre2 2.2.4, TouchPad 32gig.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    What's CUPS, and where can I get it?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Common Unix Printing System. Google CUPS printing and you'll come up with lots of hits.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Before you waste your time chasing references to CUPS, please enlighten me with what applications on the Pre currently support printing? Doc View? Nope. PDF View? Nope. Web Browser? Nope. Photos? Nope. Am I missing something?

Installing a print spooler (CUPS) when none of the apps on the phone support printed output is a moot point...unless you're only interested in printing CUPS test pages.....
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    thank you for the update
    I was't aware of that issue
    I will stop asking and looking fir printer then
    Global Posts
    81 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vreihen View Post
    Before you waste your time chasing references to CUPS, please enlighten me with what applications on the Pre currently support printing? Doc View? Nope. PDF View? Nope. Web Browser? Nope. Photos? Nope. Am I missing something?

Installing a print spooler (CUPS) when none of the apps on the phone support printed output is a moot point...unless you're only interested in printing CUPS test pages.....
    yeah, well it's a chicken/egg thing right? why would someone code an app that can print with no printer driver? why would someone code a printer driver with no app that can print? maybe if there is a printing solution, apps would start to use it...
    2 girls, 1 CUPS!