Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718
    I think someone asked this before and I didnt catch your response. IS there any way to get the song titles and artists on the screen? If not still a good app
    I'll put it this way without giving away too much:

Yup, mostly. But not for all. And while it isn't the preferred way of doing it, it works.

Unfortunately, the actual "right way" method I came up with and sent to my contacts at Palm for doing this isn't a priority for them to implement right now while they have much bigger issues to tackle.
    Last edited by vanadium; 11/02/2009 at 07:07 PM.
    Is Charlotte going to be added back to the pro version?
  4. Trx
    Purchased Net2Streams Pro today. L-O-V-E it !!!! It's the app I've been waiting for since I first purchased the Pre. Can no listen to ~Any Internet Radio Stream - Anywhere !! Musical Freedom !!!!

Wish List:

Please add the following station: KKJZ 88.1fm Los Angeles - http://www.live365.com/play/kkjz1

I tried to add the above site as a Custom Station but no luck.

Favorite Stations: please add functionality so that users can organize their list of favorite stations. Allow users to drag stations up and down the list.

I have 14 stations in my favorites list - currently listed in the order that I entered them which is NOT how I would like the stations to be organized.

MANY Thanks for bringing this Great App to the Pre !!!!

No two ways about it - the Pre is FANTASTIC with media: ~unlimted internet radio streaming, Pandora, a good music player that syncs with iTunes, YouTube, podcasts, great camera, listen to any & every NFL game, built-in GPS navigation, etc.
    So I sent you an email but you haven't responded so Im not happy nor have you added the radio stations which is understandable I'm just confused as to why I haven't gotten a response
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by net2streams View Post
    Thank you guys for the kind words! There will be many more stations added soon plus net2streams pro has a feature where you can add your own stations.
    To save some time, is there a link to list the included local radio stations?

I have two favorites in Chicago, WXRT and WBEZ. Are they included?

Thanks,
  7.    #347  
    Quote Originally Posted by ruddj002 View Post
    So I sent you an email but you haven't responded so Im not happy nor have you added the radio stations which is understandable I'm just confused as to why I haven't gotten a response
    Sorry about this. Send me a PM with your request.
  8.    #348  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave_N View Post
    To save some time, is there a link to list the included local radio stations?

I have two favorites in Chicago, WXRT and WBEZ. Are they included?

Thanks,
    The New Version of Net2Streams that hit the app catalog a today has instructions on how to search and add stations all by yourself!. Just go into the help menu and FAQ. If you need any help please let me know.

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    The New Version of Net2Streams that hit the app catalog a today has instructions on how to search and add stations all by yourself!. Just go into the help menu and FAQ. If you need any help please let me know.

Thanks!
    That's great but, how do I find out if I can add a particular radio station? I can see myself buying the Pro version if it will work for my needs but it seems I have no way of finding that out without buying it I am interested in replacing my music player almost entirely with my pre but I still use the radio receiver on it for a few things when I am not in the car. Unfortunately one of the stations I listen to the most (93.7 The Arrow, Houston, TX) uses flash for streaming, so I am out of luck using the web streamer from them. It is available from the Sprint TV app, but the app sucks horribly to the point of being unusable. So, would it be possible to add a station like that to net2streams?

Local stations appears to be the biggest feature not in the Lite version. What about the ability to go through the motions in the Lite version and maybe stream x seconds, and then be given the option of upgrading if you want to keep using?
  10.    #350  
    This station will not work on the pre. They use windows media streaming and flash. as soon flash is enable on the pre you will be avail to listen to that station.

The Arrow 93.7 KKRW Houston Texas Classic Rock
    javascript:void(window.open('http://www.kkrw.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes','ccTuner','width=668,height=420,status=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no'))

Thanks
    Global Posts
    952 Global Posts
    This station will not work on the pre. They use windows media streaming and flash. as soon flash is enable on the pre you will be avail to listen to that station.

The Arrow 93.7 KKRW Houston Texas Classic Rock
    javascript:void(window.open('http://www.kkrw.com/cc-common/streaming_new/index.html?refreshed=yes','ccTuner','width=668,height=420,status=no,resizable=no,scrollbars=no'))

Thanks
    Grrrr, that's what I was afraid of. Too many stations are going with flash these days. That is really the only major reason I am waiting for Flash on the pre....
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    Hi There, just PM'd you about my Net2Streams situation. Is it possible for you to let me know if this can be done? Thanks again.
    That's not actually true, as Flash decodes it client-side and if the webOS device doesn't support Windows Media (i.e., Palm would need to enable and/or add the appropriate codec) it still won't work.

All Flash does is provide the ability to deliver and decode the stream provided the codec is already available on the unit, which is exactly what our apps already do.

Alchemy (http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Alchemy:Libraries) might provide a solution to this, depending on how Flash 10 is implemented on webOS. However, Alchemy is in REALLY early stages of development, so I wouldn't expect to see it available for production use for the foreseeable future.
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Sorry for not following this thread more closely, but could some explain the differences between the PreCentral version and the paid version in the App Catalog?
    Global Posts
    609 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flamand View Post
    Sorry for not following this thread more closely, but could some explain the differences between the PreCentral version and the paid version in the App Catalog?
    The paid version lets you save stations as "Favorites".
    The homebrew version has a purple icon, but the paid version has a green icon.
    The paid version lists the now playing artist and song title on alot of stations (not all).

These are the only differences as far as I can tell. For me, the price is worth it. Pay for the Pro version, help support these developers that are making such great apps for our phones!
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cwgtex View Post
    The paid version lets you save stations as "Favorites".
    The homebrew version has a purple icon, but the paid version has a green icon.
    The paid version lists the now playing artist and song title on alot of stations (not all).

These are the only differences as far as I can tell. For me, the price is worth it. Pay for the Pro version, help support these developers that are making such great apps for our phones!
    I agree about paying it for. I've been getting as many of the homebrews in the app catalog as I can. I just wish there were more complete descriptions in the app catalog of what's going on.

Thanks for the info.
  17.    #357  
    Quote Originally Posted by vanadium View Post
    That's not actually true, as Flash decodes it client-side and if the webOS device doesn't support Windows Media (i.e., Palm would need to enable and/or add the appropriate codec) it still won't work.

All Flash does is provide the ability to deliver and decode the stream provided the codec is already available on the unit, which is exactly what our apps already do.

Alchemy (Alchemy:Libraries - Adobe Labs) might provide a solution to this, depending on how Flash 10 is implemented on webOS. However, Alchemy is in REALLY early stages of development, so I wouldn't expect to see it available for production use for the foreseeable future.
    Vanadium,

I must have not explain myself in more detail. The majority of stations streaming in flash uses mp3 and aac codecs. Clear Channel, Cbs, and many others are using aac in their flash players to save on bandwidth. If you listen closely to any stations using a flash player you will hear a low quality stream for fractions of seconds till it convert it self into aac.

Clear Channel Radio streams iheartradio content at 64kbytes and uses the AAC audio codec format instead of MP3. The vastly superior listener experience and massive selection of content has quickly translated to impressive audience statistics:
    Clear Channel

For the record... I wasn't wrong!
  18.    #358  
    I will be creating new threads for Net2Streams Pro and lite. This will separate the support and request for each app. As of now, this thread is closed.

Thanks!

Net2Streams
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8131415161718