Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast
  1.    #201  
    New Verision 1.1.4 (8-26-09)

*Fix some bugs within the genre
    *tweak scheme
    *Prep theme for favorites feature that we will release soon.

Im just working on the theme a little and getting it ready for the favorites section. You guys are going to love the way Net2Streams will handle the favorites. We will be releasing this section soon.
    Those are Citadel stations and the stream using .wmp not .pls so they wont play.
    I believe you are not correct about the stream using .wmp not .pls

If you'll go to the SHOUTcast.Radio.Directory website [I can't post links yet] under Talk Radio Stations and look at the entry for WABC-AM, for example, there is an indication that this is a 64kbps MP3 station.
    In addition, if you'll click on the "Tune In!" button, save the file to your computer, then look at it, you'll see that the button's link is indeed a .pls file (not .wmp or any of the other microsoft format files).

I opened the .pls file in RealPlayer and it plays fine, and it shows an indication that the stream being played is an MP3 stream. Also in RealPlayer, streaming statistics indicates that the Codec being used is "MPEG Audio".

There seems to be some difference between MP3 streams that causes the Pre to play some MP3 streams just fine while not playing others. Rather frustrating.
  3.    #203  
    Quote Originally Posted by VikCyc View Post

If you'll go to the SHOUTcast.Radio.Directory website [I can't post links yet] under Talk Radio Stations and look at the entry for WABC-AM, for example, there is an indication that this is a 64kbps MP3 station.
    In addition, if you'll click on the "Tune In!" button, save the file to your computer, then look at it, you'll see that the button's link is indeed a .pls file (not .wmp or any of the other microsoft format files).

I opened the .pls file in RealPlayer and it plays fine, and it shows an indication that the stream being played is an MP3 stream. Also in RealPlayer, streaming statistics indicates that the Codec being used is "MPEG Audio".

There seems to be some difference between MP3 streams that causes the Pre to play some MP3 streams just fine while not playing others. Rather frustrating.

I just open the file from http://69.28.128.148:80/stream/citadelcc_WABC-AM and it seams that they are using mp3 but not an mp3 streaming method. I will dig a little more.
    Quote Originally Posted by VikCyc View Post

I was typing too fast, Net2streams corrected it and stated it is .wma(asx). Also the pre does not handle the MPEG codec. The SDK also does not allow it to be added that's why Kimona and Core do not have players out yet. I used to stream WABC on my old q9c all the time. The pre does not support the codec they are using. Trust me I would like to stream WABC again because I do enjoy hearing the local spots, makes me a bit nostalgic. As I said the 12pm-8pm lineup can be heard through other methods.
    Quote Originally Posted by net2streams View Post
    As long as they are using shoutcast to stream, you will be avail to listen to them.

Thank you for your help. The big dogs like Citadel, CBS, Clear Channel, an Cox all use wma (asx) streaming.

yes , thanks for take your time and reply ... i think the best stations in ecuador they stream with wmp and some spanish stations here in nyc like la calle 105.9 and la mega 97.9 they also stream with wmp ...its suck... but is a excellent work u have done .. A+
    Does this have the ability of playing Flycasts? I have a station STATION PLAYER that broadcasts on flycast.fm to iphone and blackberry owners and was wondering if there was a way to run this channel on your App?
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    how about decoding done thru a server
    Can you link to this station:? http://den-a.plr.liquidcompass.net/pls/WTOPFMMP3.pls I love the app.
    hey net2streams...is there a way u can make ur app instead of opening an extra page for streaming....to make it stream thru the actual app?
  10.    #210  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    hey net2streams...is there a way u can make ur app instead of opening an extra page for streaming....to make it stream thru the actual app?
    I can do that but the thing is that it will loose the multitask feature. Becuase everything you want to browse for another station you need to stop the current streaming station. Do you like that?
    I can do that but the thing is that it will loose the multitask feature. Becuase everything you want to browse for another station you need to stop the current streaming station. Do you like that?
    Yes! I'd rather have that just to open in the same page.

But anyways ask everybody else and c wut they think..but my opinion is I like it in the main page
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    Since the other streaming app works that way I've gotten to try both methods out. I like opening the separate window, but I can see why many would prefer a single card. Personally I like looking and browsing w/o having to stop listening to my current stream.

Maybe a preference setting for the user, so you could select which way you want it to work? Or would the options be incompatible in the code?
    Quote Originally Posted by jp99 View Post
    Since the other streaming app works that way I've gotten to try both methods out. I like opening the separate window, but I can see why many would prefer a single card. Personally I like looking and browsing w/o having to stop listening to my current stream.

Maybe a preference setting for the user, so you could select which way you want it to work? Or would the options be incompatible in the code?
    I like how you think
    I have to say I would prefer it to be open in the same window and also to have the ability in that window to see what song is playing and station information.
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    I have to say I would prefer it to be open in the same window and also to have the ability in that window to see what song is playing and station information.
    tru that would be nice!
  16.    #216  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkotoric1 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    tru that would be nice!
    This is something we got it to work on the 957 Fidelity app but that was really easy becuase its a 1 station player, on the net2streams player is a little complicated. We still working on it.

Also, on a possitive note, we already have the favorites working. We will be releasing it by this weekend. still need to tweak it a little.
    sweet can't wait for the update
  18.    #218  
    Hey Guys!

Just posted new update! Version 1.1.5 now includes favorite stations!

-Net2Streams Shoutcast Radio App
    I'm liking the new enhancements in 1.1.6. Is it just me, or did the launcher icon vanish?
  20.    #220  
    Quote Originally Posted by mx2001 View Post
    I'm liking the new enhancements in 1.1.6. Is it just me, or did the launcher icon vanish?
    What do you mean about the icon vanishing?

Thanks!
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516 ... LastLast