Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lilmexx323 View Post
    Anyway to get the UFC and other MMA events into this app? That would be awesome!!
    Just actually added UFC a couple minutes ago, relaunch the app and it should be there!

Will work on other MMA leagues. I am not a big MMA guy, got specific suggestions I should do first? MMA Fights and Results from UFC, WEC, Strikeforce, and Others seems to have them all, but that might overkill?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by badcitizen View Post
    So, I can add LSU and all other NCAA teams now without a problem. I'm not sure why. I have rebooted my pre in the interim, so....

Anyway, thanks again. Seriously, for me this is one of the more useful homebrew apps out there.
    Great! Seems something was weird with your calendar(hence the error message about it not being available). I wonder if just launching the calendar app would have fixed it or if the calendar service died or something and a reboot is the only way to fix.

Glad you are enjoying it

Quote Originally Posted by wynand32 View Post
    Just an update... This problem also occurs if I add the iCal file from Yahoo! Sports to my Google calendar, thus going the long route. So, this problem is clearly not related to the SportsCalendar app, but rather there's something with the calendar items themselves that cause this problem.
    Thanks for investigating this, I know the calendar doesn't like certain special characters, but I don't see any in the stadium name, and that would affect all phones. Have you tried rebooting? Not sure why, but worth a try. I will keep trying to reproduce this on my end.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crazymatt1 View Post
    Great idea and great app! Thanks for your time!

How difficult would it be to have it add multiple calendar accounts so that different teams would show as different colors on the calendar? I have two NCAA football teams, an NHL, and hopefully an MLS soon (hint, hint).
    This would be possible as far as the abilities of the phone and API, but it would take some significant recoding of the app. I will add to the todo list, but it probably wont happen for a couple versions. Thanks for the suggestion.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sonnyvsp View Post
    Will the NCAA football game times for UCLA be corrected automatically once they know the start times? Or will there be another update once we get closer to the start of the season.
    Ideally this is my plan, for you to be able to click an update button and the app detects there is a new version of the schedule on the server and updates the events, but that is not been implemented yet. Currently you need to delete and re-add any feeds for changes to be reflected on your calendar. Unfortunately, I cant promise I will have this done before NCAA football starts.
    Great app!! I second the request for MLS that someone else hinted at previously.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    UFC WEC Strikeforce Affliction should be fine.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    is there a way to do it, so that like example, i want UFC dates added automatically to my calendar...is there a way if i select UFC, it keeps on adding UFC dates soon as they are available without me having to select the actual event 1 by 1 to add them?
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    hey, i added the UFC events to my sports calendar, but when i go check the pre's calendar, i dont see the events on the calendar.....i check prefs, and i do see the sports calendar account that was credited but i dont see the events on the calendar. help?
    NICK,,, thank you for adding the UFC!!! Strikeforce is the second largest MMA here in America in case you could add that as well! thanks for this app!
    awesome app thanks!
    Phenomenal App. Thank you very much.
    Great job. I do have a request that I think a lot of NFL/NCAA fans will second.

Can you create 1 all day event each week in the NFL/NCAA season that lists every single game and relevant info (time, location, TV station, etc)

I find myself going to the espn.com and nfl.com calendars often to try to see who is playing each week.
    Apparently I'm doing something wrong and/or I don't understand the app. Whenever I click on the "Manage" button the button gets darker and the app just freezes and nothing happens. I have tried getting the NFL and NCAA schedules of my favorite teams to no avail. Obviously if this is working for everyone else then I'm doing something wrong. Could you please explain how this works? Thanks
    UFC is foremost, then I would say Strikeforce, then WEC. I think those would be great for now...
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kleany View Post
    is there a way to do it, so that like example, i want UFC dates added automatically to my calendar...is there a way if i select UFC, it keeps on adding UFC dates soon as they are available without me having to select the actual event 1 by 1 to add them?
    Quote Originally Posted by kleany View Post
    hey, i added the UFC events to my sports calendar, but when i go check the pre's calendar, i dont see the events on the calendar.....i check prefs, and i do see the sports calendar account that was credited but i dont see the events on the calendar. help?
    Kleany,

I think your idea of having all the UFC events added is good, I will plan on doing that long term, but I need to get the versioning working first you your will know when you have updates.

Each UFC only has one event, sure you are looking at the right date?(8/29,9/16,9/19). Can you try to remove and re-add one? Can you add other sports/teams and see them on the calendar?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cpsilo1 View Post
    Great job. I do have a request that I think a lot of NFL/NCAA fans will second.

Can you create 1 all day event each week in the NFL/NCAA season that lists every single game and relevant info (time, location, TV station, etc)

I find myself going to the espn.com and nfl.com calendars often to try to see who is playing each week.
    Great idea! I will work on getting this put in. The TV station is still data that I don't have in the app, but I can do an all day event with matchups and times in the notes of the event.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xmpvet View Post
    Apparently I'm doing something wrong and/or I don't understand the app. Whenever I click on the "Manage" button the button gets darker and the app just freezes and nothing happens. I have tried getting the NFL and NCAA schedules of my favorite teams to no avail. Obviously if this is working for everyone else then I'm doing something wrong. Could you please explain how this works? Thanks
    Hmm, I have not heard of this problem before. You should be able to go into the manage screen even before adding calendars. There is definitely something wrong, it is a fairly straight forward interface without much to explain. Can you try to remove the application(orange button+click on icon) and re-add it from fileCoaster and see if that helps?
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    v0.1.7 has been submitted to the homebrew section and should be up soon. Includes support for alarms/reminders and allows you to view events before adding them. Please see first post for details.
    Global Posts
    11 Global Posts
    If you are goign to put more Football, please include the champions League, as well as la liga, and il calcio!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick1472 View Post
    Hmm, I have not heard of this problem before. You should be able to go into the manage screen even before adding calendars. There is definitely something wrong, it is a fairly straight forward interface without much to explain. Can you try to remove the application(orange button+click on icon) and re-add it from fileCoaster and see if that helps?
    Removing and readding the application made it work. Everyone else is correct: great app. Thanks