View Poll Results: Which twitter client do you prefer?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twee

101 61.96%
  • Tweed

62 38.04%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sorry if this has been mentioned before but I was wondering which twitter client everyone prefers between twee and tweed. For those who don't know twee is a homebrew beta app that shows much promise at the moment.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Imho, Twee is better by a mile. It has WAAAAAY more functionality and is more reliable than tweed.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmoore View Post
    Imho, Twee is better by a mile. It has WAAAAAY more functionality and is more reliable than tweed.
    Hit the nail on the head.
    My ONLY issue with Twee is that I can't customize the notifications for home, mentions, and direct messages. I don't want to get notified of new tweets from people I follow (not the sound/vibration), just the latter. That's the only advantage Tweed has right now.
    I don't like Twee's UI, it doesn't look nearly as clean as Tweed's. Furthermore, the bar at the bottom looks too iPhone-esque to me.
    Global Posts
    256 Global Posts
    TWEE all the way!!
    I use Twee, but I agree about customizing notifications. I want to be notified about mentions only. I would still like it to do check the rest of them every 15 minutes or so and keep updated, but not notify me unless it's a mention.
    Units - Unit conversion for webOS!
    Treo 180->270->600->650->Blackberry Pearl->Palm Pre
    Have to go with twee as well. Besides the features, the programmer (I think his name is Dennis) fixes issues rapidly and listens to peoples suggestions.
    Global Posts
    182 Global Posts
    I voted Tweed. It looks like a native WebOS app and I prefer the light motif vs. Twee's dark motif.

Twee certainly has more features, just none I really need. I do wish Tweed had photo integration.
    Global Posts
    129 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lawilson2 View Post
    My ONLY issue with Twee is that I can't customize the notifications for home, mentions, and direct messages. I don't want to get notified of new tweets from people I follow (not the sound/vibration), just the latter. That's the only advantage Tweed has right now.

I agree with this.. so what i do is download both and juss set the notifications for tweed and use twee for everything else
    I've been very pleased with Twee since it was first made available. {ProfJonathan}
    Global Posts
    106 Global Posts
    I prefer Tweed, but I wish it would use the thumbnail pic viewer like Twee has.
    Global Posts
    114 Global Posts
    Tweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!
    I'm using Twee because of the stability with Twitter's current issues. That said, the Tweed UI of getting things done with one or two taps with no back strokes after is awesome. If Twee is going to waste all the space at the bottom, get rid of the bar up to and add refresh and new as buttons on the bottom. Otherwise, make clicking the title bring up a menu to select the things wasting space on the bottom. There is 60+ pixels of space wasted where I should be reading tweets.

Sorry, but I only want pretty animations if it works with a functional and EFFICIENT UI.

Edit: Big annoyance with Twee. When an update comes and you are reading through old updates, it scrolls to the top. Grrrrrr. If I'm not at the top, leave me where I am. Grrrrr. Every five minutes, I have to scroll down to continue reading...
    Last edited by sacherjj; 08/17/2009 at 03:57 PM.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    I do not use twitter enought to justify deleting other apps to try twee. I am sorry but the Pre does not give me sufficient room to have more than one twitter feed.
    VisorPhone Clone
    (Please do not thank me - I find it scary)
    Quote Originally Posted by sir_mycroft View Post
    I do not use twitter enought to justify deleting other apps to try twee. I am sorry but the Pre does not give me sufficient room to have more than one twitter feed.
    Really got a never ending chip on your shoulder over this, don't you?
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    I noticed Twee was available just this morning via fileCoaster. I decided to give it a try considering the only twitter app I can use was Tweed... which I'm not too happy with. Twee is definitely a step up in it's current state. Hopefully both developers release updates soon. When I was using the iPhone 3G (all last year until it broke...) I was using TweetDeck and I really liked it. Twee is comparable in my opinion so I'm happy with it!
    I am using Twee as I love that thumbnail image viewer that it has build in. The one thing that I hope they really work on is a better way to keep saved searches so they are quickly accessable. I have used tweetdeck on the iPhone and really like the way that flows. Also Gravity on the S60 platform is in my opinion the best mobile twitter client around. Hopefully Twee can continue to innovate on the WebOS platform.
    i love both tweed and twee....but bc im more of a notifications person...and i dont like having an interval....tweed pushes them to u when theres a tweet...twee has the 5, 10, 15 w.e minutes which i dont like...yes the ui is awesome in twee....but i got to say that tweed is the top for now bc of push notifications
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    i love both tweed and twee....but bc im more of a notifications person...and i dont like having an interval....tweed pushes them to u when theres a tweet...twee has the 5, 10, 15 w.e minutes which i dont like...yes the ui is awesome in twee....but i got to say that tweed is the top for now bc of push notifications
    Does Twitter actually push that stuff? I just assumed Tweed had an interval check that they didn't display or allow to be changed. When I used Tweed and got notifications, they definitely weren't instantaneous (I don't believe).
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast