View Poll Results: Which twitter client do you prefer?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twee

101 61.96%
  • Tweed

62 38.04%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    I just started using twee, but I really like the thumbnail picture in the thread. If Tweed is always seeking, then it is wasting the battery. With all the Twitter apps coming out, I do not know which one to purchase or just use the free versions. Btw there is a way in Twee to reverse the order, show the newest first. I am excited about all the apps, just worried about all the duplicates, but competition is good. I also just started using Homebrew apps, sat on the fence for a while there. Really enjoy it though, I love Beta testing stuff, gonna keep doing it. Just going to stay away from the rooting ones for a while, to avoid conflicts with Palm updates.
    Last edited by dbuss; 10/25/2009 at 07:34 PM.
    Tweed all the way for me. I can't get over the **** ugly UI of Twee.
    My shiny new TouchPad apps: Scientific RPN Calculator HD - Screamager HD
    Tweed. You have to have an account with Twee.
    Quote Originally Posted by attackcenter View Post
    You have to have an account with Twee.
    ?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

I like Twee better now, but I'm finding it sucking the life out of my battery I think. Anyone else noticing this? Not to mention notification isn't working.

I love the one touch swapping between mentions and timeline though, tweed requires two taps. The inline photo preview is a big plus, too.

I've purchased both though because I'm crazy, hah. Mostly to support tweed, then finally got to try out twee.

Quote Originally Posted by sivan View Post
    Tweed, because it uses standard webOS UI conventions and uses the light theme, as all textual apps should. Dark is for media apps.
    Where is this defined? I much prefer the darker themes for most things.
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Do both paid versions support direct photo uploads?
    My own no notifications patch with twee since i'm a cheapskate :-P

I use Twee mainly but tweed notifications still on :-P
    ***I Twitter***

Stop complaining & start doing ---> Leave feedback/suggestions for Palm here
    Quote Originally Posted by spartca View Post
    Do both paid versions support direct photo uploads?
    Yes

Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    My own no notifications patch with twee since i'm a cheapskate :-P

I use Twee mainly but tweed notifications still on :-P
    You know, I paid for both apps, but was thinking of doing the exact same thing since tweed does notification w/ the app closed and twee does not.

I'd leave it open, but I use a desktop client too, so it eats away at my api calls (twitter, find a way to fix that already)
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I wonder if anyone's ever put together a feature comparison grid for the two products?

Might be cool to see two grids, one each for free and paid versions.
    Quote Originally Posted by spartca View Post
    I wonder if anyone's ever put together a feature comparison grid for the two products?

Might be cool to see two grids, one each for free and paid versions.
    I would throw Spaz in there too. I still have all 3 on my phone.

Spaz: DM & @reply in main stream like twee, but not tweed. but def missing some stuff the other two.

I don't think any of them offer every feature of all the twitter apps combined.
    ***I Twitter***

Made a comparison chart but put in a new thread since contained all the apps. Here is link

http://forums.precentral.net/webos-a...son-chart.html
    Last edited by RanGT; 10/26/2009 at 09:15 PM.
    ***I Twitter***

Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    You rock!
    glad this is still here... just what i needed
    Well, a lot has changed since then. Can anyone tell me which they prefer today? Twee or Tweed? Please have experience with both with both of them being current versions.

I like Tweed's UI, but Twee looks good and I'm not sure which to get. Suggestions?

edit: I also need to be able to find people tweeting in my location and all that good stuff.
    Global Posts
    926 Global Posts
    I myself have been trying the free versions of both am stuck between which of these two to pay for so I may enjoy the wonderful self-indulgence the Twitter world brings..

On the UI's, I like the color(s) of Twee but the larger size of Tweed.
    I like how Twee has pics in the message but also how Tweed pops up the option to the link(s) within the message.

How is TweedVideo?
    Does the paid version of Twee utilize a Time-line marker?
    I see some have had issues with alerts from Twee lately, has this been fixed?

Ashton Kutcher is going down!
    Everybody wants some!..
    I am also interested in this - Tweed, Twee or Bad Kitty?

I don't mind paying for an app, but as far as I can see only Twee has a free/trial version. For that reason alone I am leaning towards Twee - because I am able to check out TweeFree and get a sense of how it works.
    Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post

I don't mind paying for an app, but as far as I can see only Twee has a free/trial version. For that reason alone I am leaning towards Twee - because I am able to check out TweeFree and get a sense of how it works.
    tweed brought back their free/trial version in app catalog.
    ***I Twitter***

Quote Originally Posted by Pitxitxita View Post

Well, I heard Bad Kitty doesn't do trends, so I wouldn't bother with it personally.

As for me, it's still Twee. I bought Tweed when it was only sale for $0.99 and I really don't like it. The navigation is really annoying for me because everything involves a pop-up menu to navigate somewhere else or do a certain thing. When you click on Twee, it'll take you to larger version of the tweet, where you'll have you options, you can click on the link in the tweet, and a thumbnail will be shown at the bottom. I don't really like the gray or the random mountain background Tweed has either, and Twee has a really nice light blue theme now if you didn't like the dark blue and black one from before.
    Quote Originally Posted by RanGT View Post
    tweed brought back their free/trial version in app catalog.
    Thanks for the heads up - now I can only hope Bad Kitty puts one up soon too.
    Quote Originally Posted by dbuss View Post
    ...With all the Twitter apps coming out, I do not know which one to purchase or just use the free versions...
    So, more than just Twee and Tweed...

Any update to this chart?
    http://forums.precentral.net/attachm...chmentid=35718

And this article?
    http://themxweb.com/2009/11/28/battl...itter-clients/
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast