View Poll Results: Which twitter client do you prefer?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twee

101 61.96%
  • Tweed

62 38.04%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    I am using TweeFree at the moment, but to be honest... I am not sure I like any of the Twitter apps way better than any other. They're all good, but none of them "wow" me. I am not sure what that would take, though... maybe I just suck. :-P
    Well if it makes you feel any better I don't even really know how to use Twitter. I only signed up for it to follow professional organizations and such. I don't really even know how to tweet at someone or if this is even possible. Long live facebook status updates!
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesCarnley View Post
    A lot of the complaints against Tweed seem have been addressed, especially with the 1.0 release. The poll might be different if it were taken recently.

I love Tweed because it feels snappier and looks much nicer than Twee. It has all of the features I use and everything feels really well put together.
    yup the paid version is awesome
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

just bought the 1.0.1 version of twee from the catalog and it now has toggles for notification of timeline, dms, and mentions.
    Quote Originally Posted by skippyrulz View Post
    just bought the 1.0.1 version of twee from the catalog and it now has toggles for notification of timeline, dms, and mentions.
    show us a screenshot?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    Twee Free & Twee are in the app catalog!!! (with a bunch of new apps)
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    IMHO, 150 calls per hour is dang near push. Just adding my 1 cent. (It used to be adding my two cents but I lost the other cent in a poker game)
    You get dinged a hit for each type of request. One for timeline, one for mentions, one for DMs, etc. It adds up to a polling frequency of every minute or two. Much slower than push.

I take back my comment. Twitter does support HTTP push. I hope Tweed DOESN'T use it, if it impacts battery negatively at all. I really don't want my network connection always on to get Tweets a minute faster.

It's HTTP-push. You open a socket, we push data to you. The
    transport just happens to be HTTP.
    -
    Alex Payne - API Lead, Twitter, Inc.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    show us a screenshot?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    You get dinged a hit for each type of request. One for timeline, one for mentions, one for DMs, etc. It adds up to a polling frequency of every minute or two. Much slower than push.

I take back my comment. Twitter does support HTTP push. I hope Tweed DOESN'T use it, if it impacts battery negatively at all. I really don't want my network connection always on to get Tweets a minute faster.
    Cool. Thanks for the clarification.
    is there interval notifications?
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

is there interval notifications?
    yes. 5, 15, 30, 60 minutes are the options.
    yes. 5, 15, 30, 60 minutes are the options.
    hmm cool...id rather have tweed's notifications...thanks anyways
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

hmm cool...id rather have tweed's notifications...thanks anyways
    it's all good. i ain't tryin' to sell ya anything, dude.

just responding to the earlier posts mentioning that twee didn't allow you to choose notifications, since it does now. w00t!
    it's all good. i ain't tryin' to sell ya anything, dude.

just responding to the earlier posts mentioning that twee didn't allow you to choose notifications, since it does now. w00t!
    yeah i know its cool
    Juan

2010-2011 Champions!

Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Spyral View Post
    I voted Tweed. It looks like a native WebOS app and I prefer the light motif vs. Twee's dark motif.

Twee certainly has more features, just none I really need. I do wish Tweed had photo integration.
    Tweed 1.0.1 DOES have photo integration. I can choose a photo on my Pre or I can take a picture.

TaDa!
    Tweed, because it uses standard webOS UI conventions and uses the light theme, as all textual apps should. Dark is for media apps.
    Palm Vx > Treo 650 > Centro > G1 > Pre > BlackBerry 9700
    twee.

looks better. i don't use twitter much but i think Tweed does not look as nice. one thing i hate about twee is it stars up like and shows feeds like 7 hours behind instead of the most recent one. like it starts with the window scrolled way down.
    It was Tweed up to like 10 minutes ago. When I found out Twee has specific notifications like Tweed does, it was a no-brainer to switch.
    I am on the fence with them both. They both have pros and cons and neither one outweighs the other. I was leaning towards Twee, but then I remembered that the paid version of Twee is $2.99 as opposed to $1.99 fro Tweed. So to me they are pretty much the same. I guess it depends on ur preferences
    Twee still shifts on me when it loads new tweets, this is ANNOYING. The Mark Timeline on Tweed is the biggest feature that makes Tweed win for me. Also a tap to bring up a menu, is much faster to perform functions than going to Twee's separate page.

I purchased both, I'll play around a little more an see if there is any reason to switch from Tweed. Haven't found it yet.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
    The notifications are really sporadic and inconsistent on Twee. I've had both running for a day to test. I like the look and use better, but considering bagging it for Tweed for the notification issues.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast