View Poll Results: Which twitter client do you prefer?

Voters
163. You may not vote on this poll
  • Twee

    101 61.96%
  • Tweed

    62 38.04%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 81
  1. #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Does Twitter actually push that stuff? I just assumed Tweed had an interval check that they didn't display or allow to be changed. When I used Tweed and got notifications, they definitely weren't instantaneous (I don't believe).
    yeah its push....twee uses the intervals that i dont like...wish that twee did have push then for sure i would buy twee and not tweed...but bc tweed does have the push i already bought tweed for that reason i dont mind the ui which of course i like the ui better in twee....but u know ive noticed a lot of ppl have been replying since august and its october already tweed has nice features...too bad twee doesnt have push
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  2. #22  
    I don't think there is push for Twitter. Both apps poll twitter at certain intervals. They can't over poll, or you get locked out. Twitter has a certain number of API calls per hour. I believe it is still 150.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

    It told me.
  3. #23  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I don't think there is push for Twitter. Both apps poll twitter at certain intervals. They can't over poll, or you get locked out. Twitter has a certain number of API calls per hour. I believe it is still 150.
    i dont think so...i got digsby on my pc...and i get notification for every tweet get...and i noticed tweed does have push bc when i get a notification on my pc i get the exact same time a notification on my pre
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  4. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #24  
    I don't know. I am not saying you're wrong, but I am not going to believe that Twitter pushes until I see some documentation. If that WAS the case, you'd think Tweed would broadcast that fact.
  5. #25  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    I don't know. I am not saying you're wrong, but I am not going to believe that Twitter pushes until I see some documentation. If that WAS the case, you'd think Tweed would broadcast that fact.
    i knwo ur not saying im wrong...i hope im right but i just explained myself...like i said whenever i get a tweet on digsby...i get (at the same time) a notification on tweed....for twee was for every 5 minutes i used to have it...and it will show u the number of tweets u got i think the max it shows u was 20
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  6. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #26  
    Searching around, every bit of information I could find says there is no real push for Twitter. Some apps can sort of emulate push IF both the sender and recipient are using said app.

    So... as far as I can tell, Tweed is not getting pushed notifications.
  7. #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Searching around, every bit of information I could find says there is no real push for Twitter. Some apps can sort of emulate push IF both the sender and recipient are using said app.

    So... as far as I can tell, Tweed is not getting pushed notifications.
    well even if its not actually getting push...i can assure tweed doesnt do internals
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  8. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well even if its not actually getting push...i can assure tweed doesnt do internals
    That doesn't make any sense. If it isn't being pushed the information, it has to poll for it. And if it polls for it, is has to do so at some interval.
  9. #29  
    IMHO, 150 calls per hour is dang near push. Just adding my 1 cent. (It used to be adding my two cents but I lost the other cent in a poker game)
  10. #30  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    That doesn't make any sense. If it isn't being pushed the information, it has to poll for it. And if it polls for it, is has to do so at some interval.
    well it doesnt have any intervals in the preferences...i just receive notifications for every tweet i get
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  11. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    IMHO, 150 calls per hour is dang near push. Just adding my 1 cent. (It used to be adding my two cents but I lost the other cent in a poker game)
    For sure Tweed could just have a really low interval for checking that maybe slows down if it reaches (or nears?) the limit. That is definitely a possibility.

    That's still interval checking.
  12. #32  
    Quote Originally Posted by bpdamas View Post
    IMHO, 150 calls per hour is dang near push. Just adding my 1 cent. (It used to be adding my two cents but I lost the other cent in a poker game)
    lmao
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  13. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #33  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    well it doesnt have any intervals in the preferences...i just receive notifications for every tweet i get
    Just because it doesn't allow you to control the interval, does not mean one doesn't exist.
  14. #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    For sure Tweed could just have a really low interval for checking that maybe slows down if it reaches (or nears?) the limit. That is definitely possibility.

    That's still interval checking.
    maybe it is....but like i said it seems like push but maybe ur right it does a very low interval but i dont know the preferences for notifications just allow u to check for either or mentions updates and direct messages
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  15. #35  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Just because it doesn't allow you to control the interval, does not mean one doesn't exist.
    maybe ur right...not saying ur wrong...just saying i like the way tweed does notifications
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  16. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    maybe ur right...not saying ur wrong...just saying i like the way tweed does notifications
    Well, all things said... I am thrilled there is a Twitter app that makes you happy.
  17. #37  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    Well, all things said... I am thrilled there is a Twitter app that makes you happy.
    lol....u choose twee?
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  18. DrSuSE's Avatar
    Posts
    483 Posts
    Global Posts
    560 Global Posts
    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by maxima2k53 View Post
    lol....u choose twee?
    I am using TweeFree at the moment, but to be honest... I am not sure I like any of the Twitter apps way better than any other. They're all good, but none of them "wow" me. I am not sure what that would take, though... maybe I just suck. :-P
  19. #39  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrSuSE View Post
    I am using TweeFree at the moment, but to be honest... I am not sure I like any of the Twitter apps way better than any other. They're all good, but none of them "wow" me. I am not sure what that would take, though... maybe I just suck. :-P
    lol yeah i get u....sucks with tweefree u wont get any updates...maybe u should try tweed but yeah ur choice
    Juan

    2010-2011 Champions!

  20. #40  
    A lot of the complaints against Tweed seem have been addressed, especially with the 1.0 release. The poll might be different if it were taken recently.

    I love Tweed because it feels snappier and looks much nicer than Twee. It has all of the features I use and everything feels really well put together.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions