Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    would there be an AM/FM radio app? AND if there is, can the PRE be connected to the car 'speakers'? My car radio has no reception and I do not want to spend $530 to get that fixed.

I also listen to radio online - a cumulus player is used (streaming audio) kfog.com. would a player like this be available for webOS?
  2. xtn
    Global Posts
    711 Global Posts
    The Pre does not have an AM or FM tuner built in. Internet radio is your only choice.

Curious about the $530 for you to fix your car radio reception. What the heck does that include?
    Global Posts
    337 Global Posts
    yea what does that include i installed my buddies this weekend for free he just had to pay for the unit
    Hey, can't get you every am/fm radio station...but there is streaming radio on the PRE

1) Start up the Sprint TV app
    2) Click Sprint Radio (second option from bottom)
    3) Click Sprint Radio Premier (its not highlighted therefore it is FREE)
    4) You'll see different options i find the easiest is to find LOCAL RADIO BY GENRE and click
    5)Next click the genre of music you want to listen to (I like Rock or Alternative)
    and BAM you get a couple of different radio station streams.

Like i said you don't get every station (and i dont see an AM ones) but i listen to two stations WDVE 102.5, WXDX 105.9 (Go Pittsburgh!) so i was pretty excited to see both of those stations listed.
    ...just checked under California Region KFOG is not listed so thats kind of a bummer for you
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by t.tokarczyk01 View Post
    Hey, can't get you every am/fm radio station...but there is streaming radio on the PRE
    I didn't even know that was there. Thanks for the tip. For the most part I haven't used the Sprint apps because I thought they were kinda useless. Nice to see a little utility out of them.
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post
    The Pre does not have an AM or FM tuner built in. Internet radio is your only choice.

Curious about the $530 for you to fix your car radio reception. What the heck does that include?
    Me too.

You can install a new deck and low profile antenna for $100-$150
    If my post helped you, Please Thanks Me !
    -sYnOnYx-
    --Pre User--
    I found the AM/FM receiver chip inside my pre, its right next to the WiMax chip.

And the AM/FM App is actually integrated with the facebook app (check the 4th application page)

Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    There's always Sirius or XM!
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Like i said you don't get every station (and i dont see an AM ones) but i listen to two stations WDVE 102.5, WXDX 105.9 (Go Pittsburgh!) so i was pretty excited to see both of those stations listed.
    Woot Pittsburgh ... thanks for tip t.t didn't know about this. There is some AM channels in there like Pittsburgh Fox Sports is an AM. Wish they had WYEP on there but I guess I can always stream it from website.
    hey i found the on launch day i think i explored every app on the pre haha! i tell everyone i can about this small undiscovered app now i just wish you can bookmark/save favorites because to get back to station you have to do same amount of clicking through menus
  12. JSX

4) You'll see different options i find the easiest is to find LOCAL RADIO BY GENRE and click
    5)Next click the genre of music you want to listen to (I like Rock or Alternative)

COOL!!!!
    it really seems like this is an undiscovered feature maybe ill submit it to the TIPS and TRICKS thread???

I must be doing something wrong I dont see the option for Radio Premier after going to radio
  15.    #15  
    ...just checked under California Region KFOG is not listed so thats kind of a bummer for you
    thank-you for checking!
  16.    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by xtn View Post

it's an audi badness. apparently, this is a know issue that audi might have corrected in a later model. the part is the antenna booster
  17.    #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeyBeeb View Post
    I found the AM/FM receiver chip inside my pre, its right next to the WiMax chip.

And the AM/FM App is actually integrated with the facebook app (check the 4th application page)

if, by chance, you could give us a bit more information. You mention a chip and an app. Are these the same thing? Where do we find the 'chip' or the 'app'.

thank-you so very much!
    Quote Originally Posted by cemav View Post
    if, by chance, you could give us a bit more information. You mention a chip and an app. Are these the same thing? Where do we find the 'chip' or the 'app'.

thank-you so very much!
    Dude, are you serious??
    Anyone else not seeing this option?
    Quote Originally Posted by knewt75050 View Post
    Anyone else not seeing this option?
    After going into sprint radio, premier is the third choice for me.
    -Viva la Pre!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast