Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Hi
    Can't root my pre, I downloaded and follow the instructions step by step, but when I connect the PRE to the PC the program won't ask me for any log info.
    am I missing somthing here???
    thank you
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    What instructions did you follow? Because it's not supposed to ask for any 'log' info. You have to open a command prompt to open a connection to your pre.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    ya, the instruction says it will be ask for to log in, and leave password blank, then it sais if u wanna test you are in type is -ai or some letters like that, but i get an error
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    It would help if you posted a link to the guide that you used because I've been through the one I used and nowhere does it say you will be asked to log in.
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Here's the link
    Portal:Accessing Linux - WebOS Internals
    Now I need to know how to run palm-install which the step I think I am missing
    thank you for your help
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Accessing Linux Using Novaterm
    I am at step 7 which is
    7. Click "Connect" with "localhost" in the field next to the button. You will be asked to log in.
    8. Login with username root and a blank password. (Note that if dev mode is on, you can use root
    and a blank password, but you can only do this while dev mode is on - rebooting turns this
    insecure access off again)
    This is what you should see
    Assuming that worked, you are in as root. You can prove this by typing ls -al and hitting
    enter. You should get a directory listing.
    Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    Here is what I did (slightly different than what you did).
    On step 5 of the Portal:Accessing Linux guide use Novacom on Windows instead of Novaterm (I did this with Windows XP 32-bit).

To clarify, just follow these instructions after you have:
    • Installed mojo sdk
    • enabled dev mode on pre
    • connected pre to pc (just charge)
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    Thank you for the help
    I tried it, now i am getting access denied???
    I used the novaproxy method on the webos-interals accessing linux page link at the bottom. Of course this was before the easier method was given. I'm assuming you are still having trouble accessing linux on your pre. Making sure to turn dev mode on and after taping reboot when promted after turning dev mode on and the pre has completed loading following these steps Novcom on Windows - WebOS Internals do you get the promt the aticle says you should have?
    Global Posts
    107 Global Posts
    I am in as root, now how can change or add pages for example
    whatever I type in command , i will get not found???
    Quote Originally Posted by akram116 View Post
    I am in as root, now how can change or add pages for example
    whatever I type in command , i will get not found???
    Can you provide a screenshot of the input and output of the command prompt. I believe I will be able to identify what is going on if I can see the exact input and output.