1.    #1  
    I have WHERE on my Pre (awesome App btw), and I noticed that there was an update for it while browsing the catalog.

I didn't download it, because I thought WHERE would update on its on own.

Do Apps on the Pre automatically do that? All of them? None of them? Some of them?

I would hope so, or at least it should be a planned feature in a future update.
    Ummm... NO...Sorry
    Nope. You have to update the app yourself.. if you want it.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks guys. Is this a planned feature for the future?
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    Thanks guys. Is this a planned feature for the future?
    It only takes a minute or two to run the updater to see if there are any available updates for your apps..
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lito305 View Post
    It only takes a minute or two to run the updater to see if there are any available updates for your apps..
    While this is true, are you saying you wouldn't be happier with an auto update feature? What happens if an app accidentally steals information, or bricks the phone. The developer would want to fix this immediately, for EVERYONE who has the application. Thus, auto update.

Honestly, "explanations" like this are unnecessary. I'm not bashing the system, I'm suggesting an improvement, an obvious one. Improvements are always good.
    Global Posts
    228 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by thermodynamic View Post
    While this is true, are you saying you wouldn't be happier with an auto update feature?
    I guess that would be nice for a future addition... But honestly that is not that high of a priority for me at the moment...

Id rather have Palm iron out the remaining bugs in the OS first...
    I would rather they NOT auto update. But I wouldn't mind a notification that an update is available when I start it. I don't want any different software automagically pushing down to my phone, thank you very much.
    Your Pre wants Word Whirl from the App Catalog.

It told me.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    I would rather they NOT auto update. But I wouldn't mind a notification that an update is available when I start it. I don't want any different software automagically pushing down to my phone, thank you very much.
    That actually would be the ideal solution. I agree with this.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    A delayed reply but I agree I would rather have a notification pop to tell me there is an update available rather than auto update. Then we could tap for patch notes or something.