1.    #1  
    Hey guys,
    I tried searching on this. Every time I load Google maps its way off on my location. By way off, I mean a good mile or so. Has this happened to anyone else? My GPS is on and I am in my house. I have not tried Sprint Navigation. Just wondering if I was missing something or if their was a trick. Also, I am on the 1.1.
    Moving around helps. No gps signal inside only triangulation.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    It is usually pretty hard to get a gps lock if you are inside. Look up gps on wiki to find out why. I could describe it but i'd just confuse you.
    Your Pre is most likely using Telenav (triangulating of cell phone towers) to get location, which isn't as accurate as satellite. Check in the lower left quadrant of your screen for a small square icon showing a satellite (with winglike solar panels) and a big red "X" splashed across it to indicate that there's no GPS contact (which is quite possible inside a building). This will force the Pre to try to find itself with Telenav.
    Mike B in OKlahoma

Palm V-->Palm Vx-->Palm m505-->Garmin iQue3600-->Treo 650-->Treo 755p-->Palm Pre

My Google Maps is always off as well. However, it always thinks I am in a city about 40 miles from where I am actually at. Same spot every time.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mbj8448 View Post
    My Google Maps is always off as well. However, it always thinks I am in a city about 40 miles from where I am actually at. Same spot every time.
    My guess is that you are using an AiRave from inside. When I do that I am 300 miles from my Location, because that's where it comes out after VOIP. Outside (off the AiRave), it is very accurate.