1.    #1  
    show/operate my pre on my computer?

like im coming from window phones, and we could use pocket controller or other software to connect to phone and have it disply on my desktop computer screen and i could send text,write memos, etc, using my desktop keyboard

is this possible for the Pre
    I don't think so. One thing that's different about the Pre, and you should try to embrace to make it more useful, is that WebOS is much more about "cloud" computing and less about link/sync to just you're local computer. So using things like Google contacts/calendar/documents will generally be more in-line with that concept.

But it does have the USB port, so they haven't totally ruled that out. Mostly just for data transfer at the moment.
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    That's not really what he's talking about. Pocket Controller wasn't about syncing data or anything. What it did was display my phone's screen on my PC in real time and allow me to type sms/email/whatever using my KB and using my mouse to click on screen buttons and such. YOu could even make calls using it. if you turned on speaker phone or used a headset.

Basically it is a remote control app for the PC to be able to control the phone.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by dhcalva View Post
    That's not really what he's talking about. Pocket Controller wasn't about syncing data or anything. What it did was display my phone's screen on my PC in real time and allow me to type sms/email/whatever using my KB and using my mouse to click on screen buttons and such. YOu could even make calls using it. if you turned on speaker phone or used a headset.

Basically it is a remote control app for the PC to be able to control the phone.
    yes thats exactly what im talking about
    so nothing like that avail huh?
    and guess im the only one that would like such a thing to be accomplished lol?
    Yeah, I got that ... I guess I was just trying to speak conceptually about why Palm/others wouldn't be so hot on that idea.

Just curious though ... what does something like Pocket Controller really get you? I mean, can't you just send sms/email/whatever from your computer (or a web site), and if I want to make a call then I just use the phone? Having never used anything like that, maybe I'm just not getting it, but it doesn't seem all that useful to me.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    I think it would be pretty sweet actually. I'm sitting at work on my computer and I'm in the middle of a txt conversation with a friend. If I had a soft version of the phone on my desktop I wouldn't have to keep picking up my phone to respond.

It can also see the utility when it comes to device configuration and app development.
    Global Posts
    506 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by davis.rob View Post
    Just curious though ... what does something like Pocket Controller really get you?
    An adult-sized keyboard for one thing!

The thought did cross my mind to see if I could get a VNC server running on the Pre, but I suspect that translating mouse input will be a problem. Perhaps the mouse code from the emulator can be used?????
    Redfly? But software not hardware.
  9.    #9  
    Like vreihen said, a full sized keyboard for one, and a full sized mouse for 2
    Its just easier when you're at the computer for hours to just bring that Pre screen to focus and use the phone with ur desktop keybaord and mouse. Its just for convenience is all