Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Ok, does anyone other than me just think the "How to Guide to install Homebrew Apps" directions are way to complicated?
    I feel as if I was trying to save the world by dowloading this, installing that, but care not to do this or you've just ruined your phone type of situation.
    DOES ANYONE HAVE A SIMPLE SOLUTION TO JUST CONNECT MY PRE TO MY LAPTOP AND DOWNLOAD THE HOMEBREW APP TO A FOLDER AND MAKE IT RUN? THERE ARE SOME AWESOME APPS CREATED BUT MAN THIS IS TO HI-TECH FOR ME...
    Totally lost, totally frustrated!!!
    It has grown from what was very complicated to what now is very simple. But you still have to go through some of the Complicated steps to get to that simple place.

Get Quick Install installed on your PC then use that to install FileCoaster on your Pre and all will be easy
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    Ok I just installed onto my pc the Quick Install. The guy who posted it said not to run the WebOSDoctor as it could reset my phone to the factory settings but when I double click the Quick Install it says that in order to run the QI properly it needs to run the WebOSDoctor.....ahhhhhhh!!!! Are the homebrew apps really worth all this HASSLE?!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    540 Global Posts
    Yes they are.
    8MB Visor --> Treo 300 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    All devices obtained within first week of launch
    create a folder and put both those programs in the same folder WebDoc doesn't need to be ran it just needs to be in the same folder as Install. if not that Pop-up will show.

And Yes they are way worth it .
    How is it hard? I use the drag and drop method

Installed the installer app (which installs the novacom drivers), reboot, hook palm to USB cable and hit charge, then drag IPK onto installer shortcut on desktop

That's hard?
    Global Posts
    887 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scrupul0us View Post
    How is it hard? I use the drag and drop method

Installed the installer app (which installs the novacom drivers), reboot, hook palm to USB cable and hit charge, then drag IPK onto installer shortcut on desktop

That's hard?
    What he said. Was painfully simple.
    follow this and you'll have NO issues:

Tutorials webOS Installing An Ipk - WebOS Internals

When it asks about the novacom drivers, just install them... I opted out the first time and it didn't work (I thought I already had em installed) and YES you HAVE to reboot

Took me 5 minutes including rebooting my PC and I had "My Notification" installed and setup
    I just use the Mojo SDK

Install the Mojo and Virtual Box and then i reboot computer, install FileCoaster and DONE.

Then use FileCoaster for all other stuff.

Never could be the other ones to work properly...especially the WebOSInstaller...
    Have to use WinXP on all programs as I can get Win7 to work.
    The very first install is a little complicated. I used the Mojo SDK (which is now "official" and supported) like the previous poster and had no problems ... just read the directions carefully and follow each step.

If you make the latest fileCoaster your first install, then everything after that becomes just as easy as the AppStore. And there's some excellent homebrew apps. So because of those two factors, I would say the initial effort is *well* worth while. IMHO, PreCentral and the homebrew hackers have actually done a fantastic job of making this easy and filling out the available apps.
    Global Posts
    88 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ImNoPrince View Post
    It has grown from what was very complicated to what now is very simple. But you still have to go through some of the Complicated steps to get to that simple place.

Get Quick Install installed on your PC then use that to install FileCoaster on your Pre and all will be easy
    thats alot easier said than done, it took me a a minute just to figure it out and i still dont have it
    Lol, installing homebrew is easy and worth it. Been using the sdk and just started filecoaster with the home brew catalog and it rocks.
    I am too scared to install homebrews. I suck.*

*=not literally
    Quote Originally Posted by dleon3406 View Post
    Ok I just installed onto my pc the Quick Install. The guy who posted it said not to run the WebOSDoctor as it could reset my phone to the factory settings but when I double click the Quick Install it says that in order to run the QI properly it needs to run the WebOSDoctor.....ahhhhhhh!!!! Are the homebrew apps really worth all this HASSLE?!!!!!!
    I just meant don't run WebOSDoctor.jar. It needs to be downloaded though.

Try following the guide i recently put up: http://www.webos-internals.org/wiki/...Install_Method

Generally rule of thumb, if you've gotten PreBrew working, then WebOSQuickInstall will work too. Both use similar methods of accessing WebOS devices
    Last edited by Jason Robitaille; 08/06/2009 at 02:36 PM.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    i did all that but when i drag and drop i get java errors i dwnloaded updted java and still dosent work
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    can anyone help me.....i have downloaded everything that i could ...and nothng works...i havent figured out how to download filecoaster
    I was also nervous about this. I followed the PreBrew instructions, and it worked great. Just let it do its thing when you install it. You only need to install the one app on your PC, and put your Pre in developer mode. After that it's drag and drop.

(The one issue I had is that the Novacom drivers didn't seem to start on their own, so I went into Services and started it manually. Since then it's been fine.)
    Palm Pilot --> Palm M130 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 650 --> Palm Centro --> PALM PRE!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    I also followed the PREBREW INSTRUCTIONS and it worked great...I downloaded several homebrew apps already...They are nice just wish they were more! But I am VERY GREATFUL FOR ALL YOU GUYS THAT MAKE THESE APPS!!!
    Global Posts
    200 Global Posts
    yea it was a little tough at first, once you get the drag n drop your good to go...

just got filecoaster this morning,best app evar
    Global Posts
    15 Global Posts
    depends on the ones you follow but once you have filecoaster then no need to worry about anything else its by far the best app
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast