Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    One of my need-to-have applications is Ultrasoft Money, a checkbook registry app that synchs with your desktop Microsoft Money and keeps your finances straight. Even when I've skimmed close to the surface, I've never bounched a check since I got the app.

Ultrasoft has already said they're unlikely to write a WebOS version, since Microsoft is discontinuing Money. I could care less: I've got the version of Microsoft Money I like, and I just want to be able to keep synching it with my smartphone.

Since a new mobile version of Money is out, then using the old version in Classic would be the way to go. The big question is when Classic is able to synch with your desktop, will it be a basic synchronization that works with just the "basic" legacy apps, or will it be a system that's broad enough to allow the various different legacy pipelines to work? I vaguely recall needing to set up a special synch for Ultrasoft Money when I first got it- does that keep Classic's synch from working for me?

Sorry. Really long-winded. Would appreciate any help.
    Global Posts
    53 Global Posts
    Good news, just in case anyone is watching this thread.
    Thanks for this update. Lots of useful info. I don't have a Pre yet, but if I do get one, I'll need to be able to use Ultrasoft Money. Glad to hear it will be functional. Hopefully syncing back to Microsoft Money will be nice & easy.