1.    #1  
    OK... so I tryed to download AP News App... my phone shut off, no Download... I tried to Download, Sports News, my phone shut off.... so I delete some apps that I don't use often, tried to re-download those, my phone shut off.... My phone is not rooted, i have not put any homebrew apps on it..... has anybody else experienced this, am i missing something.... and i went in and cleared all the internet history, cache and cookies still nothing
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    Are you sure the device shuts down (reboots???)

The Palm Pre screen automatically shuts down after 1 minute or so of you not touching the screen.

To a casual observer, they might think it shut off ... but the download can still occur with the screen off.

Try hitting download, give it 1-2 minutes to do its thing. Turn the screen back on with the top/right button ... hit the "launch application" button on the download screen, and see if all is well.

If you are getting a reboot ... or the application doesn't install ... then you have a more serious issue.
  3.    #3  
    yes i probably should have indicated.. yes it goes to the PALM screen
  4.    #4  
    I just did a quick test and got a Memory Code 3 Error... I would image that is the issue