Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by dleon3406 View Post
    Does anyone have any JW apps that could be used on the PRE. I used to have a Treo 755p and I had field service reports, the WT library, other spiritual information. Has anyone had any success in coverting any of those apps from palm os to the new webOS?
    Have you directed this question to the branch directly? Its not really recommended to be using software forms of publications that are not official releases, regardless of the source ( as a protection for you). Not talking about isilo cause from what I understand it just changes existing info into a portable format.
    Maybe your inquiry will get them to write a program for palm. Expect pot shots when posting a question like this on a forum.
    Last edited by hiyo; 08/10/2009 at 07:39 AM.
    Expect pot shots when posting a question like this on a forum.
    I found this thread very useful. I've been doing Saturday bible study for over a year with Jehovah's Witness and I use my Palm PDA when studying. I also go to some of the official studies on Wednesday night and continue my daily bible study on my own.

About nine months ago, my study partner brought me a disk that had electronic Jehovah's Witness information, including the bible, on it for my PDA and computer. The one for the PC worked, but the PDA version was for a windows mobile version. I now use my Pre and I own Classic. Knowing that there is a Palm version that works it great to know.

I have a lot of different versions of the bible that I've gotten through the years and review and compare. I read my bible daily with a lesson plan and sometimes various versions give me more clarity.

As a student of the bible, I thank you for your question. Also, there's another thread that developing a bible for the Pre that has various versions that has also gotten pot-shots. Don't be afraid to speak up and if any of you are tech savy, you may want work with the other thread for a Jehovah's Witness version.

BTW, the lady I study with has software for her iPhone that helps with her field service and it works with Google Maps. Do you want me to find out the name of it?
    Perhaps a way to make this thread more affective would be to put all the links/resources found within the first original post since it seems there is quite a bit of interest... It would also help out our JW friends from having to deal with the trolls
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    HIYO, I completly understand what you are saying but the service program I used on my Treo 755p is simply a calender that allows you to put your time, magazines, books, rv, etc it has no other function and has no mention of JW on it. It was designed, yes for us but thats all. I had it before but lost it...I found th website and I am running it thru Classic and it works great for my purpose. As far as the bible and that goes, I have direct that question to my Coordinator, addressing such questions to the branch directly isnt something that they deal with. Thanks for your response and understanding!
    Global Posts
    57 Global Posts
    BDHU2001: Ihad the Palm PRO and you are correct the society did come out with the new cd that allows you to have all the information BUT ONLY on a windows mobile based phone...booooo!
    I hear you I need it for me daily as where I work I do not have the access to my bible or any other form of literature. Just like to clarify though that this is just a means to when I dont have my actual Literature to study. It would be great to always have the bible and other information at hand.
    Hope all continues well.
    BDHU2001: Ihad the Palm PRO and you are correct the society did come out with the new cd that allows you to have all the information BUT ONLY on a windows mobile based phone...booooo!
    I hear you I need it for me daily as where I work I do not have the access to my bible or any other form of literature. Just like to clarify though that this is just a means to when I dont have my actual Literature to study. It would be great to always have the bible and other information at hand.
    Hope all continues well.
    Okay, I've come across something that I think will work for all of us. My friend sent me the websites for the Bible and publications.. The site allows you to read your literature on line. When I first tried it, I couldn't get it to work. I used the "iPhone" tweak from WebOS quick Install and now I can view and read all the literature as if I was on my desktop.

It works pretty good. Give it a whirl.
    Quote Originally Posted by Falco1 View Post
    Does it have a "Do not knock" database to keep them off of my front door?
    Heh, I was thinking the same thing.

Nothing against JW's, they are fine people. But the whole "door to door" thing has got to go. You guys aren't doing yourselves any favors with that one.

My neighborhood is a small, single circle of houses that gets alot of JW traffic because we are one of the few neighborhoods in our immediate area that has a sidewalk, and we are opposite a large development. (We are also very popular during Halloween for the same reason) It's gotten so annoying that I've been forced to put a "No Jehovah's Witnesses" sign on my front door.

I feel like a cad for doing that, but I figure it's either the sign, or my Mossberg 12ga in their faces and an order to "Git off Mah Propateh!". I figure the sign is nicer.

Hmm.. maybe a Pre Google maps mashup tied into Location Services that tells you which houses to avoid? I could put my house on there and then maybe get rid of the sign!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    what we need is someone to come out wit a app that is just like classic...but is free...that would be gr8!!!!............I really like the watchtower library app for windows mobile.......i t come on the same cd as watchtower library for pc......we need a brother to make an app just like it....that would be SUPER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    :
    Last edited by Jeffmcc; 01/26/2010 at 10:20 AM.
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by hiyo View Post
    Have you directed this question to the branch directly? Its not really recommended to be using software forms of publications that are not official releases, regardless of the source ( as a protection for you). Not talking about isilo cause from what I understand it just changes existing info into a portable format.
    Maybe your inquiry will get them to write a program for palm. Expect pot shots when posting a question like this on a forum.

that a good idea because the branch invented watchtower library in the first place....
    Global Posts
    621 Global Posts
    Hope all continues well.
    watchtower library for win mobile is gr8.....now we just the branch to make the same for the pre....
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Hey i know that this is out of the picture but do any of you know where i can get any JW software for android?
    Quote Originally Posted by izzy001 View Post
    Hey i know that this is out of the picture but do any of you know where i can get any JW software for android?
    You can read the entire library and listen to the bible by audio straight from the website. You don't need JW software. Of course this isn't a stand alone version, but it does work.
    Global Posts
    3 Global Posts
    Thanks for your help.
    **Is attempting to find Bishounen's address so he can come to his house dressed up as an AVON agent then hand him a Bible Teach book... then run real real fast as he goes n looks for his semi....**

:-D
    j/k - all in good fun!
    Hope alls well with you tho.. and thanks for complimenting us on being nice people... though it may seem a bother.. we luv yah..

not sure if all are aware of the various different softwares avaialble but the Isilo pdb file for the watchtower library is called wtpub200*.. obtaining it from someone you know via cd is always best... avoid seaarching for it online.. I live in the NYC area if you need to contact me to obtain that - private message me and we'll go from there. Also there are various programs with the daily text- ministry school schedule - n bible readers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Andre8521 View Post
    **Is attempting to find Bishounen's address so he can come to his house dressed up as an AVON agent then hand him a Bible Teach book... then run real real fast as he goes n looks for his semi....**

:-D
    j/k - all in good fun!
    Hope alls well with you tho.. and thanks for complimenting us on being nice people... though it may seem a bother.. we luv yah..

not sure if all are aware of the various different softwares avaialble but the Isilo pdb file for the watchtower library is called wtpub200*.. obtaining it from someone you know via cd is always best... avoid seaarching for it online.. I live in the NYC area if you need to contact me to obtain that - private message me and we'll go from there. Also there are various programs with the daily text- ministry school schedule - n bible readers.
    , n jbvhgcvhj
    Global Posts
    238 Global Posts
    if you have your Pre in your hand when you come to the door, I'd be more willing to talk to you. We could @ least talk about the amazing Pre :-)

EDIT: obviously meant in fun. No offense meant!
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12