Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    I am building a few apps that I hope to release ... and update with expanding content in the future.

Has anyone seen how this works with the app store?

• The store seems to allow every app to install at least once.
    • So. it appears then that apps & updates can be installed even when an application hasn't been purchased.
    • Where is the licensing information kept ... do the apps keep track of whether they have been appropriately purchased or the store?
    Global Posts
    309 Global Posts
    [Deleted]
    The Palm Pre advert that should have been http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KYAHsz8BxDk

Madam - I never forget a face, but in your case I'll make an exception. Groucho Marx
    Quote Originally Posted by cooltpmd View Post
    I am building a few apps that I hope to release ... and update with expanding content in the future.

Has anyone seen how this works with the app store?

• The store seems to allow every app to install at least once.
    • So. it appears then that apps & updates can be installed even when an application hasn't been purchased.
    • Where is the licensing information kept ... do the apps keep track of whether they have been appropriately purchased or the store?
    Well you can download all the apps now because the app store is in beta. It doesn't have the purchasing functionality yet. As for the licensing information...I have no clue, sorry.
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Well you can download all the apps now because the app store is in beta. It doesn't have the purchasing functionality yet. As for the licensing information...I have no clue, sorry.
    Is that why there are no prices? I finally see the light.

So everything in the app store is free until the app store comes out of beta?
    There is currently no way to charge unless you charge from a third party site. As for authentication, Classic polls a web site to validate license. I would assume the unique PalmID in the hardware would be used for this.
    Global Posts
    77 Global Posts
    That makes sense.
    Quote Originally Posted by sacherjj View Post
    There is currently no way to charge unless you charge from a third party site. As for authentication, Classic polls a web site to validate license. I would assume the unique PalmID in the hardware would be used for this.
    I was kind of wondering how they did that. I couldn't figure it out from inspecting the javascript. I'd like to make apps but I want to protect the ones I decide to charge for.