1.    #1  
    Has there been any progress or discussion about making the home screen a "live card" that could show notifications, weather, etc?

This would be a great feature
    Global Posts
    136 Global Posts
    I have been thinking about the ideal feature here. There is the active home page project, which is really an app that looks like a home screen. With all the cards there, having a clean home screen is not possible. So, what I would like to see is behavior where if you double click the middle button, the cards dissapear and you get an active home screen. You then click the button again and the cards show up again. What were you thinking about?
    I would love to have this feature
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    I would like this.

You could overlay a portion (maybe the upper corner) of your wallpaper with an image showing the weather forecast, and then periodically swap in the updated wall paper using the techniques used by the random wall paper switching homebrew app.
  5.    #5  
    I'm presuming that since the webos is able to "draw" notifications to the notification area, it might not be that difficult to draw these same pieces of data (and possibly more) right on the wallpaper area...
    I believe that this is being developed in the homebrew scene.

It is called "My Home Screen"

It will have a variety of different things going on, including weather and notifications
    Global Posts
    444 Global Posts
    Very much looking forward to the release of MyHomeScreen.

I think that MyHomeScreen is an active 'card' as opposed to an active wall paper.
    Global Posts
    38 Global Posts
    Sort of like a Weatherbug app!!! What a great idea!!!
  10.    #10  
    I'll be lurking moar for sure on that thread
    Global Posts
    25 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jc-Treo View Post
    Very much looking forward to the release of MyHomeScreen.

I think that MyHomeScreen is an active 'card' as opposed to an active wall paper.
    This app will not show you your upcomming appointments. Just a button that will take you to your calendar. I donated thinking it would do so. Other than that, the app looks and works good
    Global Posts
    563 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gus7571 View Post
    This app will not show you your upcomming appointments. Just a button that will take you to your calendar. I donated thinking it would do so. Other than that, the app looks and works good
    True. its does work well and you can put todo's on it that show up on the home screen. I wish it did show calender appointments. I use it all the time. I like to RSS feed at the bottom too.
    Go Bucks!