Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    I have been playing with WinSCP ftp utilty and can access my Pre via this utilty when ever the Pre is on the touchstone via WiFi.

Idea is have WinSCP automatically run at a set time (3am) and sync the /media/internal folder to my desktop. I can do this manually now but if there was a way to do it on its own via a script or something it would act as a great Backup / sync utilty. Heck u can have it backup other folders too.

Mods if this belongs someplace else please move it.
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by hofs1 View Post
    I have been playing with WinSCP ftp utilty and can access my Pre via this utilty when ever the Pre is on the touchstone via WiFi.

Idea is have WinSCP automatically run at a set time (3am) and sync the /media/internal folder to my desktop. I can do this manually now but if there was a way to do it on its own via a script or something it would act as a great Backup / sync utilty. Heck u can have it backup other folders too.

Mods if this belongs someplace else please move it.
    I'm playing with the same idea right now, but this only gets the same data I could have sync'ed using BeyondCompare in USB mode... I have to look around more, but I want to figure out what dirs to backup to capture the config/data for installed apps.

I realize apps are likely installed as RPM's or some other packaging system, so I'd have to reinstall them, but after... couldnt we dump the config back onto the system from this SCP backup to restore the app config and data?

Stu