Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    ha........like the title suggests...maybe some of them are kind hearted, tech savvied , help a friend out in exchange for some reef kind of dudes...lol i know this because my friend(iphone fanboy) actually modded my phone for me. he's one of those nerd, geek, i do this for a living kind of dude, and he's pretty good with linux. besides all the homebrew apps, he changed my boot screen, added pages to launcher,changed carrier text, percentage battery meter, got mytether to work, changed dialer pad theme, and a couple of other stuff. ............we stayed up all night and im soo much more familiarized with this phone and how it works then i ever was. ...btw he's so amazed at how open our platform is and its kinda hilarious to hear him say it in front of 3-4+ other iphone fanboyz.....

ps....one negative about letting your friend(which is iphone fanboy status) work on your phone.....he did this thing like PUTTY but on Mac and on his iphone. SO all night tonight my phone kept rebooting...come to find out, dude has an ssh terminal thing on his phone and he's typing in commmands to my phone to REBOOT....lol....thats why its always best to keep dev mode off and not to share your ip info with anyone!!
    you should probably smok less weed

But its nice to have friends who can help/enjoy a prank. 8)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    should.......but dont need to. so why ruin something good?
    This thread makes me weep for the english language.
    Its pronounced wheep and in america we haven't used it for years (english)

Why won't pre autocorrect my thumbed out forum speech, these grammatic lamantations by now should be antique. If you typed as lamboh does instead of the way you do why you might be thought a pot head to.
    Last edited by windzilla; 08/02/2009 at 02:58 AM.
    ... I just pronounce it "ˈwēp", and Merriam-Webster backs me up.
    we're all glad for your 'bro-mance'. Thanks for sharing.
    Quote Originally Posted by windzilla View Post
    Its pronounced wheep and in america we haven't used it for years (english)

Why won't pre autocorrect my thumbed out forum speech, these grammatic lamantations by now should be antique. If you typed as lamboh does instead of the way you do why you might be thought a pot head to.
    Since you seem a little upset about it, allow me to correct for you. Time to break out the red teacher's pen:

It's pronounced "wheep", and in America, we haven't used it for years, English.

In actuality, the British Cambridge Dictionary has the phonetic pronunciation of "weep" as /wi:p/ , which in American phonetics would be [wēp]. There's no H sound in there, in either American or British English.

Why won't the Pre auto-correct my thumbed-out forum speech? These grammatical lamentations by now should be antiquated. If you typed as lamboh does, instead of the way you do, why, you might be thought to be a pot head too.

You don't make it at all clear what you mean by "these grammatical lamentations", in this context. Lamentation means expression of sadness. Taken literally, a "grammatical lamentation" would be an expression of sadness conveyed with correct word usage. No one here expressed any sadness, either with or without proper grammar. So your choice of wording seems misplaced at best, and nonsensical at worst. I assume you meant "grammatical mistakes", or if you have to pick a word that starts with L, "grammatical lapses" might do.

I hope that helps.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ABBlockhead View Post
    Time to break out the red teacher's pen...
    LOL! You are Lynne Truss and I claim my $5!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Since you seem a little upset about it, allow me to correct for you. Time to break out the red teacher's pen.
    Holy mole.. That was fricken phunnt stuff dood. Be kewl stay in skool!
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    LOL! You are Lynne Truss and I claim my $5!
    Hehe. Actually, I never heard of Lynn Truss before you mentioned her. But after looking at her site, she sounds a lot like my parents. Needless to say, grammar was practically a religion in my house, growing up.

Coming from that background, all I can say is spending as much time on Internet as I do has taught me patience, if nothing else. It's painful to read what passes for English on the Web. It was a bit relieving to take this opportunity to break out that red pen, even if only in jest.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyPre View Post
    Holy mole.. That was fricken phunnt stuff dood. Be kewl stay in skool!

-------------------------

Anyway, I don't want to derail the thread. Now back to your regularly scheduled iPhone vs. Pre discussion. Funny story with the resets, by the way, Lamboh. Good stuff.
    Last edited by ABBlockhead; 08/02/2009 at 06:46 AM.
    ...Unsubscribing to thread in 3...2...1...
    quite being wheird about this stuff....Also are you sure he didn't install a tracking device or remote bomb?
    "When there is no more room in hell, the dead will walk the earth"

PM me your questions, If I cant find an answer, I'll show you who can.
    Since you seem a little upset about it, allow me to correct for you. Time to break out the red teacher's pen:

It's pronounced "wheep", and in America, we haven't used it for years, English.

In actuality, the British Cambridge Dictionary has the phonetic pronunciation of "weep" as /wi/ , which in American phonetics would be [wēp]. There's no H sound in there, in either American or British English.

Why won't the Pre auto-correct my thumbed-out forum speech? These grammatical lamentations by now should be antiquated. If you typed as lamboh does, instead of the way you do, why, you might be thought to be a pot head too.

You don't make it at all clear what you mean by "these grammatical lamentations", in this context. Lamentation means expression of sadness. Taken literally, a "grammatical lamentation" would be an expression of sadness conveyed with correct word usage. No one here expressed any sadness, either with or without proper grammar. So your choice of wording seems misplaced at best, and nonsensical at worst. I assume you meant "grammatical mistakes", or if you have to pick a word that starts with L, "grammatical lapses" might do.

I hope that helps.
    thanks for the lesson

But my adaptation of henry higgins musical musings on liza doolittle's skwaking seems to have been lost on you as was the joke about wheeping.

That or it is so lame you chose to ignore it
    D'Oh! I did totally miss it. Sorry about that. I bow to your superior intellect, sir.

For whatever it's worth, I do now see your rhyme. It's actually quite clever. The lack of formatting and punctuation had obscured it, but now that you've pointed it out, it's plain as day. Want me to give it another go?

Why won't the Pre auto-correct my thumbed-out forum speech?
    These grammatical lamentations by now should be antique.
    If you typed as lamboh does, instead of the way you do,
    Why, you might be thought to be a pot head, too.

Better?

The grammar corrections make the meter a little iffy, but it was pretty iffy to begin with. It does work if you take liberties with the ryhthm of certain words, though. And I still have issues with what "grammatical lamentations" could possibly mean, but perhaps in the context of the original, it makes more sense? I'm afraid I'm not too up on my Shaw quotations.
    Last edited by ABBlockhead; 08/02/2009 at 12:24 PM.
    What would the world be like if we all had My Fair Lady running around in our heads with sufficient force to allow the joke in post #5 to be funny for most people?

I'm thinking there would be a lot fewer man cards.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer