Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    About:
    Shopping List is an app that allows you to easily create and customize shopping lists and stores.

Full Version:

Beta Version:

Shopping List Beta v1.5.0

To keep your existing data from previous versions, just update the app instead of reinstalling.

Warning: Existing data is always imported from previous versions but there's always a chance it could be lost when using the beta versions. Just saying.

Changelog:

v0.3.2 [12/3/2009]

• Fixed a couple of glitches
    • Items in your 'Have' list can now be deleted
    • Items in your 'Have' list can now be edited

v0.3.0 [12/2/2009] This version expires December 13, 2009

• Added coupons for items
    • Added stores
    • Added a default store that comes pre-loaded with 600+ items to choose from. This will help in creating lists.
    • Optimized list loading
    • Changed 'cart' to 'have' under lists
    • Organized sorting menus
    • A slew of other additions...

v0.2.8 [10/30/2009] This version expires November 6, 2009

• add preference to have list show item count based on items still needed
    • add preference to hide sorting dividers for items
    • select multiple template lists when creating a list
    • add note field to items
    • fixed bug with aisles not sorting "naturally"

v0.2.7 [10/17/2009]

Release Candidate 1.2

• Fixed a bug with template list not updating
    • Fixed a bug with email list not showing correct quantity
    • Added option to SMS lists

v0.2.6 [10/16/2009]

Add Item
    • Changed button text from 'Done' to 'Save'
    • Added a subtitle to the header notifying the user
      that they can rapidly enter items
    • After saving an item, the tax is reset to 'No'

Edit List
    • Changed the values of the Price and Template toggle buttons to 'Yes' and 'No' instead of 'On' and 'Off'

Items
    • Changed format of list when sending a list via email
    • Added the item price when emailing list
    • Fixed bug that prevented Cart items from being sorted

v0.2.5 [10/15/2009]

• fixed bug - when editing an item, the price should be the individual price for the item, not the total price (based on the quantity)
    • allow aisles to have numbers and letters
    • hide the quantity if it equals 1 (having 1 as a quantity is redundent)
    • sort items alphabetically
    • edit button will be removed. When you want to edit a list or item, you will tap the icon to pull up a menu to edit the list.
    • sort button removed and placed in headers
    • remember your sort order for lists and items
    • clean up interface
    • optimize items and shopping lists for quick rendering and smooth scrolling
    • when resetting a list, reset item quantities to 0 and uncheck all items
    • removed calculation of item price and tax when editing an item
    • ability to send lists via email
    • added preferences
    • added ability to change currency symbol
    • added two sections to the list: items and cart
    • added option to make a list a template

v0.2.0 [8/21/2009]
    • edit lists
    • edit items
    • toggle prices and/or sales tax
    • toggle sales tax for an item
    • item quantity
    • item aisle
    • reset the list
    • priority levels for Lists, e.g. High, Normal, Low
    • sort lists by priority, name, and number of items
    • sort items by aisle, price, and quantity

v0.1.1 [8/2/2009]
    • Fixed bug when adding an item with no price
    • Fixed bug that didn't reset total price for items when going back to list items.
    • Added ability to enter a sales tax rather than choose from a list. The sales tax defaults to 0.0%
    • The items list has 4 to 5 items viewable at one time rather than 3-4 items. Still working on making more items viewable.

v0.1.0 [8/1/2009]
    This is the first version of the app.

All feedback is welcome and is encouraged. You can reply to this thread, send an email using the support email located in the app, or use the links below.

Last edited by Bryan Roth; 09/08/2010 at 11:26 AM. Reason: Updated information.
    Thanks for creating this!!!!
    Jimmie Geddes
    Great job, looks really good.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    PREtty, clean, and functional. great job!
    Hey. Great look so far.

A couple of comments, as insane as it may seem, the sales tax here in CA is 8%. You could ponder a taxable checkbox when entering items. It gets dicey there because of locales and other reasons so this is all a question of how valuable is the tax function to begin with.

For ideas about a category tree:
    albertsons online shopping
    Last edited by hmagoo; 08/02/2009 at 02:36 AM.
    Nice app, however I'm running into an error if I don't input the price, it says "An error occurred:Typeerror:Cannot call method 'tostring' of null" An ok button appears, but no matter how many times i hit ok, it stays there, I have to close the app out and reopen it. Now, when I input the price, it works fine. Just FYI
    Last edited by Bigchris; 08/02/2009 at 02:44 AM.
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    I'm getting the same problem as igchris... except it seems to be popping that error if I add a price also.

(Great App otherwise... once that bug works itself out)
    Global Posts
    316 Global Posts
    are you planning on putting this in the App Catalog? if so, will it be free?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    Nice app, however I'm running into an error if I don't input the price, it says "An error occurred:Typeerror:Cannot call method 'tostring' of null" An ok button appears, but no matter how many times i hit ok, it stays there, I have to close the app out and reopen it. Now, when I input the price, it works fine. Just FYI
    I'm having the same problem
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchris View Post
    I got the same issue but even when I closed out, it reopened it opened with the error. It let me click okay, but it showed a blank list (even though the main page that shows the titles of your listed showed a 1 on it). I tried adding another item and it did the same, gave error, closed out, reopened with error, hit okay and now it says 2 items on list but its blank.

Aside from that... the UI looks very nice! Simple, effective... definitely something I will use once it works.

I would like to see a preference setting where you can remove the tax feature completely. I'm in Oregon where we have no sales tax so I have no need for it. I'm sure other people (even in states that DO have sales tax) would like the option to disable the tax feature as well though.

Thanks!! Keep up the good work!
    Palm Pre Wallpapers
    Free backgrounds for your Palm Pre!
    Pick from hundreds of beautiful and artistic pictures to show off your new Pre!

Follow me on Twitter: @joshh347
    Having the same problem whether I enter price or not
    GREAT app! Just as a suggestion, if you are going to include sales tax selections, try to get at least the "quarters" included. e.g. 5.25%, 5.5%, 5.75%, 6%, 6.25%, etc.

Quick bug... when you set the tax, go back to the lists scene and go back into the previous list, the tax rate stays (total updated accordingly), but it isn't visible until you set it again.
    thanx for making this app. could be very useful
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Same problem as others, get an errors and cannot add items at all. Sounds like a cool app, but as I can't use it at all I had to delete it
    Sounds like a great app and I'm really looking forward to fixing it but i'll prolly w8t till the first couple bugs are out... then it's all mine baby. LOL... :-D thnx 4 making this app I was hoping for something like this
  16. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    +1 to the problem that makes the app unusable
    Same bug as everyone else. I did choose a tax rate but did not enter a price. The null string error appears at each opening of the app, and the list banner show's 1 item but no list displays at all... Great looking app however, and I look forward to an update
    Same problem as everyome else, but nice app!
    Interesting app idea. I have been using the "Tasks" app for my shopping lists. It has some features that I like that you do not have (yet).
    Priority - High, Normal, Low
    Notes field (For SCU#'s and other info)
    Narrower lines in your lists. Your app can only have 5-6 items on the screen, TASKS can have 7-8.

I can see an advantage to being able to add a price & calculate tax + grand total. I'll be keeping an eye on this app.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    Great app! Though sales tax in California can go higher than 7.25% I believe there are places where it is close to 10% Can you make that an editable field.
Page 1 of 31 12345611 ... LastLast