Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast
    It was funny. I thought of an app like this when I was making a shopping list. Then I got a Palm Pre and found this app. As far as improvements. It would be nice to have a database of items that you can create, and then go through it and select what you want on a new list. That way the list you would end up with has only things you want. Then you can check the items as you pick them up at the store and they'll either have a check next to them or are removed from the list. Another thing I thought of, and this may be far fetched, but if the stores have a database of what aisles the products are on that could be accessed, then you can make a list and sync it with the store database and the aisle numbers would already be there. But that would take a huge database.

Thanks for a great app...now if I can just get my wife to use it. I can't wait for the recipe feature to come out....btw....I thought of that too....I always think of things and then they come out later....
    Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    I might be repeating others ideas, so I apologize in advance. I really like this app, but I have a few thoughts on what could be changed.
    - The lists, when sorted, do not retain that order when returned to later.
    - There seems to be no way to remove an item from the list unless you destroy the entire list and start from scratch.

Otherwise, I love this app and look forward to updates in the future!!
    Quote Originally Posted by jettmicheyl View Post
    I have also found this irritating.

- There seems to be no way to remove an item from the list unless you destroy the entire list and start from scratch.
    You can delete an item from the shopping list the same way you can delete an item from most any other list on the Pre - just drag it off to the right and then press Delete.
  4.    #164  
    You won't have this problem in the next version!
    This is a great app. The last update was really helpful with the addition of editing items.

Thank you!
    Very useful app
    Global Posts
    49 Global Posts
    **Suggestion** I like the app a lot and how you can sort the lists. However, in addition to sorting the lists, i would like the ability to drag and drop the lists in any order i choose (check out drPodder for how they do it). You could also add the ability to "Pin" or "Sticky" a list to stay at the top or not be affected by sorting.
  8.    #168  
    I just wanted to give you guys an update on how the next version of Shopping List is going. I expect the next version to be released soon but I can't give a definite date. This next version will be packed with new features that I'm sure you will love.

I attached a couple of screenshots as a teaser. This is not the final layout for the next version but it gives you a taste for what's to come.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Looks great! Can't wait!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Global Posts
    5 Global Posts
    This is a great app! Extremely useful and easy to use. The upcoming features sound great too -- thanks for this app!
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Thank you so much for this app. This is the first app other than filecoaster that's worth donating to!! I'm anxiously awaiting the ability to sort items alphabetically. That alone will make 0.2.5 a real treat. Homebrew!!
    Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    This app has been very useful to my wife. Her only complaint is the pricing bug. Can't wait for the update.
    I love the app. I put it on my wifes Pre as well. So I was thinking as we were buying diapers for our 10 day old son that it would be cool if the items had a per unit cost, i.e. Pampers Size 1, 192 count, Cost 28.99 Unit Cost .1509. Or Dr Pepper 36 count, 8.99, unit cost .2497. It would help making decisions on buying large packages or small.

Would this be of use to anyone else?
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bahlhorn View Post
    I love the app. I put it on my wifes Pre as well. So I was thinking as we were buying diapers for our 10 day old son that it would be cool if the items had a per unit cost, i.e. Pampers Size 1, 192 count, Cost 28.99 Unit Cost .1509. Or Dr Pepper 36 count, 8.99, unit cost .2497. It would help making decisions on buying large packages or small.

YES! that would be a HUGE help, as I am all about the (unit cost). If MoJo Apps could squeeze this in that would be great...
    Global Posts
    42 Global Posts
    This seems like a very interesting idea. I haven't gone shopping with it yet, but have used it for trivial things to see how it works out, and since I can actually add the tax, which for NYC (And maybe a lot of other places is not .08375% but is .08875%) I don't have to keep typing blah blah times 1.08875 anymore, just the price of the item, and input the tax once. When I go shopping more often, that app will be very helpful... but 4 now, it's noodles, and juice... college life is a time for cutbacks, not indulgences in food...lolz. but soon, soon...
  16.    #176  
    Quote Originally Posted by Greg Bahlhorn View Post

Congrats on the new addition!

This is a really good idea. There would need to be some way of flagging the item's amount. I was thinking maybe you could use an @ symbol to specify the amount that an item has. You could even use this to specify ounces or pounds to get the real breakdown of prices. This is just an idea. I'm open to your ideas as well.

Here's an example:

Here you specify an item's amount using an @ symbol and the unit price show up in parentheses:

Name: Dr. Pepper @36
    Quantity: 1
    Price: $8.99 ($0.25)

Here you don't specify an item's amount:

Name: Dr. Pepper
    Quantity: 1
    Price: $8.99
    Hey that is a good idea. I frequent Sam's Club and Costco alot so this would ensure I was getting the best dea. When is your next update coming?
    Looking good! Can't wait to try the new version
  19.    #179  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    Hey that is a good idea. I frequent Sam's Club and Costco alot so this would ensure I was getting the best dea. When is your next update coming?
    I am really hoping to get the next version out before Thursday.
    That would be great! Exactly what i'm talking about. That would be a simple elegant solution.
Page 9 of 31 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131419 ... LastLast