Page 30 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2025262728293031 LastLast
    When I'm in a store, and I delete by swiping, sometimes it comes right back, and I end up trying to delete the same item a bunch of times. If I go back a level and then go back to the store list, it has been deleted.
    I'd like to use the app for price comparison between stores. The only way I could figure to do this was to create separate lists, one for each store. But when you put in a price for an item in a list, you can only put in the price per the unit. I often want to put in the price for the "package", say $5.99 for an 8 ounce package of almonds. but almonds are not always in 8 oz packages, so ideally I would enter $5.99 for 8oz in one list, and $6.20 for 10 oz in another store. I could divide the price by the unit, but that doesn't tell me which store has which sizes. Any ideas?
  3.    #583  
    Quote Originally Posted by akrua View Post
    When I'm in a store, and I delete by swiping, sometimes it comes right back, and I end up trying to delete the same item a bunch of times. If I go back a level and then go back to the store list, it has been deleted.
    Are you referring to the stores area of the app or the list area? Could you tell me exactly what you do so I can recreate this?

Quote Originally Posted by akrua View Post
    I'd like to use the app for price comparison between stores. The only way I could figure to do this was to create separate lists, one for each store. But when you put in a price for an item in a list, you can only put in the price per the unit. I often want to put in the price for the "package", say $5.99 for an 8 ounce package of almonds. but almonds are not always in 8 oz packages, so ideally I would enter $5.99 for 8oz in one list, and $6.20 for 10 oz in another store. I could divide the price by the unit, but that doesn't tell me which store has which sizes. Any ideas?
    Good point. I need to add a "Quantity per Unit" field for items so you can do this. In a future update, there will be automatic price comparisons across all lists. For example, you have two shopping lists. One list has Apples for $0.99 each at Store A and the second list has Apples for $0.89 each at Store B. It will notify you and let you know that you can get Apples for $0.10 cheaper at Store B. I believe this feature will be very helpful for helping people save money.
    [QUOTE=Bryan Roth;2358585]Are you referring to the stores area of the app or the list area? Could you tell me exactly what you do so I can recreate this?

The stores area. Here are my steps:
    1. Tap on Stores
    2. Tap on the shopping bag icon next to Default Store
    3. Tap "Copy Store"
    4. Tap on copied Default Store
    5. Tap on All Items
    6. Delete an item by flicking it to the side
    7. Pressing Delete when that appears
    8. List should move up one to show that it has been deleted, which sometimes works, but sometimes after the list moves up the item reappears. If the latter happens and I move back or forth within the application (back to the aisles list, for example, and then back to All Items), the item is no longer there.
  5.    #585  
    [QUOTE=akrua;2361162]
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Roth View Post
    Are you referring to the stores area of the app or the list area? Could you tell me exactly what you do so I can recreate this?

The stores area. Here are my steps:
    1. Tap on Stores
    2. Tap on the shopping bag icon next to Default Store
    3. Tap "Copy Store"
    4. Tap on copied Default Store
    5. Tap on All Items
    6. Delete an item by flicking it to the side
    7. Pressing Delete when that appears
    8. List should move up one to show that it has been deleted, which sometimes works, but sometimes after the list moves up the item reappears. If the latter happens and I move back or forth within the application (back to the aisles list, for example, and then back to All Items), the item is no longer there.
    Ok, I see what's going on. This is a bug and I'm going to investigate it. I hope to have this fixed for the next version. Thanks again for finding this bug!
    Great use for templates:

I race mountain bikes and camp, snowboard, and kayak a lot. These excursions require a crapload of preparation and stuff to pack.

Using templates for a packing list for each type of trip makes life SO MUCH easier! And each list I can categorize using 'aisles' too.... food, equipment, clothes, etc.

Having a template all ready to go for this stuff is great!!

Now, for feature requests :-)

- maybe rename aisle to category, after seeing above. No big deal if it's not wanted by anybody else.
    - when manually adding items to a list, search on substring (like the search happens in the store list) instead of matching only beginning of string

Thanks again for one of the most used apps on my Pre!
    : (){:|:&};:
    Bryan,
    I'm just curious how updates to Shopping List and the introduction of the Web App are going as I haven't seen any activity for a while.

Thanks.
  8.    #588  
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdf View Post
    Bryan,
    I'm just curious how updates to Shopping List and the introduction of the Web App are going as I haven't seen any activity for a while.

Thanks.
    Hey jackdf,

I will admit, it's been a few months since I have pushed out an update and that's just unacceptable. I was busy with personal endeavors but I was also working on Shopping List whenever I had the time. Don't get me wrong, I'm still dedicated to making this app better and will continue to do so.

The web app is done and ready to test. So, it's just a matter of time before the beta testers are notified of what to do next. I really want to get another update out soon for Shopping List as well. I know that I keep saying that it will come soon but that's all I can say right now.
    Hi Bryan. Any further updates on the software? How's the web app coming along?
    Just wanted to say I used this App "in anger" for the first time at the weekend to do our family's weekly shop - very good!

Had I used it a few months ago I might have saved ruining a decent pair of trousers, after ink from the pen that I had been using to scribble out items on my paper list leaked out into the pocket

Also, much less chance of me missing items on the list, as you're only done when the list is empty (and it's very satisfying seeing the list get shorter as you go round, rather than your scrap of paper just getting more and more scribbled on).

I hadn't been able to figure out how to Copy or Edit Stores (or Aisles) for a while - I stumbled on the answer, which is simply to touch the Icon for the Store or Aisle, rather than it's Name.

Like most people I guess, we tend to buy more or less the same stuff most weeks, so building up and refining the Template will make things easier in weeks to come
  11.    #591  
    Quote Originally Posted by DataVamp View Post
    Hi Bryan. Any further updates on the software? How's the web app coming along?
    Hey, DataVamp,

I finally finished v1.5.0 and will be creating a beta version to test before I push to the App Catalog. The beta version should be out in the next few days since apps submitted to the beta feed don't get reviewed by Palm.

The web app is still a little bare bones in terms of functionality compared to the webOS app. I'm still working out a few kinks in regards to syncing but I hope to focus on this more after I get v1.5.0 beta submitted.
  12.    #592  
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Shopping List Beta v1.5.0 has been submitted to Palm's beta feed. It will take around two hours for it to propagate and be available. I'll update this post once it's available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Roth View Post
    I just wanted to let everyone know that Shopping List Beta v1.5.0 has been submitted to Palm's beta feed. It will take around two hours for it to propagate and be available. I'll update this post once it's available.
    Thanks for the info, Bryan! How do existing users handle this if we want to try out the beta? Do we install it side-by-side with our existing non-beta version? What about data exporting/importing?

/Kevin
  14.    #594  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Thanks for the info, Bryan! How do existing users handle this if we want to try out the beta? Do we install it side-by-side with our existing non-beta version? What about data exporting/importing?

/Kevin
    Great question! Installing the beta version will not affect the full version of Shopping List. Backup/restore will be available in the beta version. You won't be able to import existing data from the full version over to the beta version. However, data that is backed up via the beta version will eventually be able to be accessed by the full version.
  15.    #595  
    Shopping List Beta v1.5.0 is now available for download.
  16.    #596  
    Shopping List Beta v1.5.3 is now available for download.

New features:
    • Revamped sync engine
    • Fixed a few minor bugs

With that said, I can finally announce that invites will start being sent out today for Shopping List Online private beta. If you haven't already signed up, go to Shopping List Online.
  17.    #597  
    Shopping List v1.5.3 now available in the App Catalog and is available for $0.99 for a limited time!

Some new features include:
    • Backup/Restore data
    • Best price feature
    • Improved auto-complete
    • and so much more...

Update app to see full changelog!

Download link: http://goo.gl/Q2Mt
  18.    #598  
    Shopping List v1.5.4 is now available in the App Catalog.

NEW IN THIS VERSION
    • Various bug fixes

Download link: http://goo.gl/Q2Mt
    Just used the new version for the weekly shop; I like the new features, particularly that when putting together a list and I find I need to add an item that is not already in the Store, then adding it to the Store automatically adds it to the lost (was two separate operations previously).

Also like the ability to link changes to Items in the List to Items in the Store.

Just on a general point of how to use the app most efficiently, I'm thinking of trimming down my Weekly Shop Template to only include those items I buy most weeks - at the moment my Template has all the Items I have ever bought using app, and I spend too much time deleting those I don't need that week!

I wonder if I should put in the ingredients for our most common family meals as Templates, then import them as needed when we have decided what we are going to eat in the coming week. If so it would be great if the app could consolidate quantities, eg if I import four recipe Templates each containing 1 Onion, that the resulting list has Onions, Quantity 4.
  20.    #600  
    Quote Originally Posted by scstock View Post
    Just used the new version for the weekly shop; I like the new features, particularly that when putting together a list and I find I need to add an item that is not already in the Store, then adding it to the Store automatically adds it to the lost (was two separate operations previously).

Also like the ability to link changes to Items in the List to Items in the Store.

Just on a general point of how to use the app most efficiently, I'm thinking of trimming down my Weekly Shop Template to only include those items I buy most weeks - at the moment my Template has all the Items I have ever bought using app, and I spend too much time deleting those I don't need that week!

I wonder if I should put in the ingredients for our most common family meals as Templates, then import them as needed when we have decided what we are going to eat in the coming week. If so it would be great if the app could consolidate quantities, eg if I import four recipe Templates each containing 1 Onion, that the resulting list has Onions, Quantity 4.
    Glad you like the new features in Shopping List!

I really like the idea of consolidating items. Keep in mind that items will only be consolidated if they belong to the same store (including non-store items).