Page 29 of 31 FirstFirst ... 192425262728293031 LastLast
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    It was working fine until the last update. Not a biggie. It has been proven, if something is going to be an isolated occurance, it's going happen to me. :P
    Any idea on when we'll be able to import lists or items from Splash shopper or other desktop programs? Did I miss this in the thread?

I have PDA cookbook and it would give me the ability to add lists for specific recipes w/o entering individual items.
    Hi Bryan:

After reading all of the positive feedback about this product I decided to take the plunge and purchase your app. Rather a milestone for me as I am not totally thrilled with Palm's hands off approach to things related to the APP catalog and this will be my first paid app. Be that as it may, your app looks solid based on all of the reviews I have read, and I think the thing for me that put the purchase decision in your court is the responsiveness to resolve program bugs and willingness to add additional features. I am looking forward to all the future improvements that are forthcoming.

Regards,
    Dan Bishop
  4.    #564  
    Quote Originally Posted by bdhu2001 View Post
    Any idea on when we'll be able to import lists or items from Splash shopper or other desktop programs? Did I miss this in the thread?

I have PDA cookbook and it would give me the ability to add lists for specific recipes w/o entering individual items.
    Yes, this is in the works but I can't give a definite deadline.

Quote Originally Posted by tealcomp View Post
    Hi Bryan:

After reading all of the positive feedback about this product I decided to take the plunge and purchase your app. Rather a milestone for me as I am not totally thrilled with Palm's hands off approach to things related to the APP catalog and this will be my first paid app. Be that as it may, your app looks solid based on all of the reviews I have read, and I think the thing for me that put the purchase decision in your court is the responsiveness to resolve program bugs and willingness to add additional features. I am looking forward to all the future improvements that are forthcoming.

Regards,
    Dan Bishop
    Dan, I appreciate your decision and welcome aboard. I take my user's feedback to heart and really strive to make apps solid before moving on to other apps. Keep and eye out for an update, as I just submitted v1.1.0 with a ton of new features.
  5.    #565  
    Shopping List v1.1.0 is now available in the App Catalog!

A few of the new features:
    • Added "Checkout" option
    • Toggle sales tax for all items in a list
    • Items are now linked with template and store items
    • Added "Screen Always On" option for lists
    • And so much more...

Update app to see full changelog.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I downloaded Shopping List earlier this week, and am pretty impressed. It certainly has more features than other apps I've tried, and Bryan's support and dedication are great. Because of this, I wonder if I am missing something about how I'm supposed to use the program.

For example, suppose I am putting together my grocery list for the week, and I want to add Cheerios. I tap on the name of my list, and tap the add button. I now have to tap the Stores menu item and then tap on the store I want (note that this assumes I know where I want to buy the cereal). Now I have to tap again choose the aisle that the cereal is in (again, this assumes I remember which is the cereal aisle). Now I can finally choose Cheerios (one more tap). So adding a single item to my list requires 6 taps plus knowledge of which store I want to go to and where in the store the item is. And I have to do this for every item on list, every week. Templates help for the very most common items, but that only provides limited relief.

Is adding an item to a list really supposed to be this complicated? I would prefer to be able to type "cheerios" at the top level of the list and have a pop-up that lets me select matching items. I had been eagerly awaiting the filter function in the hopes that it would work this way, but filtering seems to work only after you've selected an aisle.
  7.    #567  
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinZ View Post
    I downloaded Shopping List earlier this week, and am pretty impressed. It certainly has more features than other apps I've tried, and Bryan's support and dedication are great. Because of this, I wonder if I am missing something about how I'm supposed to use the program.

For example, suppose I am putting together my grocery list for the week, and I want to add Cheerios. I tap on the name of my list, and tap the add button. I now have to tap the Stores menu item and then tap on the store I want (note that this assumes I know where I want to buy the cereal). Now I have to tap again choose the aisle that the cereal is in (again, this assumes I remember which is the cereal aisle). Now I can finally choose Cheerios (one more tap). So adding a single item to my list requires 6 taps plus knowledge of which store I want to go to and where in the store the item is. And I have to do this for every item on list, every week. Templates help for the very most common items, but that only provides limited relief.

Is adding an item to a list really supposed to be this complicated? I would prefer to be able to type "cheerios" at the top level of the list and have a pop-up that lets me select matching items. I had been eagerly awaiting the filter function in the hopes that it would work this way, but filtering seems to work only after you've selected an aisle.
    Hi Justin,

Thanks for your message.

I'm always trying to improve this app to make it easier to use. I do plan on simplifying the process of adding items because I do think it is a bit convoluted at the moment

However, in the meantime, here are a couple of options you can try out:

Option 1
    This option is fastest but lacks differentiation between stores.
    1. Make sure you have auto-complete items enabled under Preferences
    2. Tap the add button and select Manual
    3. Start typing in the item name field and tap on the item you want
    4. All information for that item should load in the fields

Option 2
    This might be a longer process but using the All Items scene makes it easier to choose your items.
    1. Tap the add button and select Stores
    2. Tap the store
    3. Tap on "All Items"
    4. Add items as you filter through the list
    5. Tap 'done choosing items'

Let me know if this helps. I'm open to all feedback on how to make this better work for you.
    I hope these weren't posted before......

Purchased program a few weeks agao. Looks great, but I have a couple of questions....
    1) is there a manual of any kind?
    2) can I choose a qty when creating a shopping list if I want to buy more than 1?
    3) How do I change aisle for item in store if not entered originally or if it was changed?
    4) is there way to enter data from a pc and import?

Thanks
  9.    #569  
    Quote Originally Posted by ciscokid0690 View Post
    I hope these weren't posted before......

Purchased program a few weeks agao. Looks great, but I have a couple of questions....
    1) is there a manual of any kind?
    2) can I choose a qty when creating a shopping list if I want to buy more than 1?
    3) How do I change aisle for item in store if not entered originally or if it was changed?
    4) is there way to enter data from a pc and import?

Thanks
    Hi there,

1) You can use the help scene located in the app menu. However, I will be creating an online manual to reference.

2) Yes, you can choose a quantity.

3) Currently, you can't do this. However, in a future update you will be able to edit the aisle of an item in a store.

4) There is a web management tool in the works that should be done soon. This will allow you to manage and sync your data.
    New version bugs, feature request:

Hey Bryan,
    I'm running the latest version. Very nice. A couple of things:

1) when crossing something off a list, if it exists in the "have" list, it creates a duplicate entry there, rather than replace the existing. Since manual entries automatically search stores, I usually enter that way instead of moving from have to need. (I keep lists around rather than delete them, makes more sense to me that way). So, with this behavior I'm going to end up with a whole bunch of duplicates in my 'have' list.

2) when manually entering, can you do a substring match instead of beginning of string match? (similar to how global search works in addresses). Many of the things in the default store you provide, for example, have the main thing you'd look for not at the front of the string (skim milk, for example ... i'd search on 'milk').

Overall I love the flexibility of being able to manage lists using a combination of searching, entering from a store, importing from a template, or snagging things from the "have" list. If the things above can be implemented, it would definitely make this an even more polished application.

Personally I don't really care about web-enabling or sharing lists as much as having a slick and polished self-contained application.
  11.    #571  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    New version bugs, feature request:

Hey Bryan,
    I'm running the latest version. Very nice. A couple of things:

1) when crossing something off a list, if it exists in the "have" list, it creates a duplicate entry there, rather than replace the existing. Since manual entries automatically search stores, I usually enter that way instead of moving from have to need. (I keep lists around rather than delete them, makes more sense to me that way). So, with this behavior I'm going to end up with a whole bunch of duplicates in my 'have' list.

2) when manually entering, can you do a substring match instead of beginning of string match? (similar to how global search works in addresses). Many of the things in the default store you provide, for example, have the main thing you'd look for not at the front of the string (skim milk, for example ... i'd search on 'milk').

Overall I love the flexibility of being able to manage lists using a combination of searching, entering from a store, importing from a template, or snagging things from the "have" list. If the things above can be implemented, it would definitely make this an even more polished application.

Personally I don't really care about web-enabling or sharing lists as much as having a slick and polished self-contained application.
    Hi there, sorry for the delayed response.

1) Interesting. Should this be the expected behavior? Items can have the same name but be in different stores and aisles. For example, if you move the item "chicken" from "Target" to your have list, should it delete the item "chicken" from "Walmart" in your have list?

2) Nice catch! I will fix this.

I really appreciate your feedback.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Roth View Post
    Hi there, sorry for the delayed response.

1) Interesting. Should this be the expected behavior? Items can have the same name but be in different stores and aisles. For example, if you move the item "chicken" from "Target" to your have list, should it delete the item "chicken" from "Walmart" in your have list?
    Yeah, but have is per list, not per store, so personally, I'd like to not have duplicates in the have list. Not sure the best way to implement, since I don't know what your code does wrt linking via a key or just creating its own instance. If the latter, just match the strings and such, I guess?

2) Nice catch! I will fix this.
    Nifty!

I think you mentioned that linked lists are in now? Or maybe I'm hallucinating. If they are there, how does one use them? For example, I'd like the same item to appear in several of my lists, and if I check it off of one list, it gets checked off of all of them. More precise, I have a 'grocery', 'online', and 'dept store' list. Any of those places would have the item, it's just a matter of which one I hit first.

Thanks for the hard work. It's cool that you listen to your user community.
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    I wholeheartedly agree with knobby above. I too was hoping to have a single item assigned to multiple stores, in order to use the program in the way he described above. So if I need laundry detergent for example, I can place it department store like Target, but also under Grocery, and when I need it, it'll automatically appear in both lists as a need.

The way I used to like to use Smart Shopper was to do this exact thing, and then when I was in a particular store, I'd pull up that store's list to see what I needed. That way even though I have laundry detergent under both the Grocery store and the Department store, i.e. Target, once I check it off in one list, it'll be checked off in both.

I tried to do something like this with the most recent version but it seems that the item/store tie-in isn't integrated in quite the same way I'd expected.
    Just wanted to stop in and say THANK YOU for the edit toggle!

One minor quibble. Please make it stick! Everytime I move off the list it flips it back on - which I promptly don't notice and I'm right back to editing by accident.

Best Regards,
    EK
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    I've been enjoying using Shopping List, and want to share a couple bugs and feature requests.

One of the features I use frequent is the ability to create new items while I'm adding items to the list. However there is a bug when creating an item this way: if you select an aisle, the aisles are not sorted numerically, as they are when you add an item at the top level.

Also, right now, if I create a new item in this way, I have to go back and add it to the list. It would be nice if the new item were automatically to the list.

I have another feature request about filtering. If I'm filtering and nothing matches, pressing the + button should pre-fill the item name with the filter string that I just typed. This would streamline adding new items.

There is also a bug that appears to be related to sorting by aisles (or maybe other fields as well). When I select an item, sometimes, after it is removed from the "Need" list, the "Need" list has two entries for the aisle, each with different items. Here is a screenshot:

Does Shopping List work with the new 1.4 version of the OS?
    Quote Originally Posted by raleigh1208 View Post
    Does Shopping List work with the new 1.4 version of the OS?
    It's working great for me!

/Kevin
    Bryan,
    Is the Web App for Shopping List still in the works or has it been canceled? If its still in the works then do you have an ETA?

Thanks for all the hard work.
  19.    #579  
    Quote Originally Posted by jackdf View Post
    Bryan,
    Is the Web App for Shopping List still in the works or has it been canceled? If its still in the works then do you have an ETA?

Thanks for all the hard work.
    Yes, the web app is almost done. I would probably expect to go live with it in the next two weeks.
  20.    #580  
    International
    I recently submitted Shopping List to Canada, Ireland, the United Kingdom, France, Spain, and Mexico.

v1.2.0
    I also wanted to let everyone know that there will be an update coming shortly with some new features and bug fixes.

Some new features include:
    • Associate a store with a location
      • Have lists load when you enter a certain store based on items tied to that store
    • Auto-complete items show aisle and store
    • Auto-complete aisle names
    • Lists and stores will now have their own sorting order
    • Much more...

Web App
    The web app is coming along nicely and will be ready for private beta testing soon. If you would like to participate in the private beta, send an email to info@adaptivecode.com.

Thanks.