Page 28 of 31 FirstFirst ... 18232425262728293031 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Roth View Post
    So, it's your wife's phone that is having trouble installing apps? I have hunted around to see if there are any possible fixes that you haven't tried but have come up empty handed. I am really sorry I can't help much on this issue but I'm trying. Have you tried contacting Palm?
    Not yet. I didnt know if I should because it is hacked. But I DRed it and it still didnt work. Guess that is my next step.
    I had wanted to sort this by the aisles that were set up in my actual grocery store. As a workaround, I thought to add numbers before my aisle name and thought I could get it into the order I want. Unfortunately, the numbers are not in the correct order. I am not sure if this has been mentioned, I did a quick look and didn't see it. I am sorting by "aisle" and it has higher numbers first ("9") and then the other numbers "23", "22", "2", "15", "14", "1". Will this be corrected?

Used the program while shopping today and it worked great today!

Marcia

You can search all store items by going into the store and tapping on 'All Items' located on the top of the screen. Then you can search by typing. So, in a way, this is at the store level. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

I see what you're saying. In the store you reordered the aisles in the order you wanted but when you went to sort by aisle in the list the aisles were sorted alphabetically. This could be a problem due to you being able to add items from multiple stores. I'll think about a way to make this work. Added to the feature list!
    Talked to Palm, they had me to a partial erase. Guess the doctor isnt the end all, be all. Works good now!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Bryan,

Great app and thanks for the on-going improvements!

One request here - Would it be possible to include some functionality into the app which would automatically bring items from your "Have" list to your "Need" list after 'X' amount of days. I thought about this when buying some scheduled maintenance items for my vehicle (filters, oil, etc) and thought how great it would be if the Shopping List app could bring certain items to my "Need" list, effectively alerting me to perform up-keep on my vehicle. What better time to alert me than when I am already at the store looking at the Shopping List app?!?

Obviously, the use of this can be expanded beyond vehicle up-keep. It would be great if other items had the option to populate automatically. To name a few: weekly groceries, clothes, pet food, medicine, toiletries. Possibilities are endless!

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in adding to your app. I know I am!
  5.    #545  
    Quote Originally Posted by mruderman View Post
    I had wanted to sort this by the aisles that were set up in my actual grocery store. As a workaround, I thought to add numbers before my aisle name and thought I could get it into the order I want. Unfortunately, the numbers are not in the correct order. I am not sure if this has been mentioned, I did a quick look and didn't see it. I am sorting by "aisle" and it has higher numbers first ("9") and then the other numbers "23", "22", "2", "15", "14", "1". Will this be corrected?

Marcia
    Thanks for letting me know about this. I will make a note of it and check out this bug. I'll try and get this fixed in the next version.

Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    Talked to Palm, they had me to a partial erase. Guess the doctor isnt the end all, be all. Works good now!
    Awesome, I'm glad you got everything figured out.

Quote Originally Posted by bassaway View Post
    Bryan,

Great app and thanks for the on-going improvements!

One request here - Would it be possible to include some functionality into the app which would automatically bring items from your "Have" list to your "Need" list after 'X' amount of days. I thought about this when buying some scheduled maintenance items for my vehicle (filters, oil, etc) and thought how great it would be if the Shopping List app could bring certain items to my "Need" list, effectively alerting me to perform up-keep on my vehicle. What better time to alert me than when I am already at the store looking at the Shopping List app?!?

Obviously, the use of this can be expanded beyond vehicle up-keep. It would be great if other items had the option to populate automatically. To name a few: weekly groceries, clothes, pet food, medicine, toiletries. Possibilities are endless!

Let me know if this is something you would be interested in adding to your app. I know I am!
    Thank you! Wow, I really like this feature. I think this feature would go great with the notification services of the phone! I'll add this to the to-do list. Thanks again for this suggestion!
    Just purchased from the app catalogue today. Thank you for taking the time to write this. Tried the "Grocery List" app and hated it. This is much nicer for the way I'd like to use it.

A couple of suggestions (likely suggested before):

- a way to link items across lists. Buy or edit on one list, it's marked as bought on all lists. But remove from one list, it stays on the others.
    - ability to edit item attributes: what aisle/group, etc. Linking between stores, as in lists in above bullet would be nice too. Edit in one store reflects in all of them.
    - ability to rename lists and stores, and a way to duplicate stores (make a copy ... I'd like to start with the excellent generic store you already provide).
    - It's a paid for app, and I know you wrote it. Do we really need the delay caused by the splash screen? That has to annoy *somebody* else :-)

Thanks again. I'd gladly send more money your way if you address the above.
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 02/01/2010 at 07:21 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by mruderman View Post

Marcia
    Try prepending '0' on Aisles 0-9

That's probably a better solution than trying to kludge some sort of forced alphanumeric paradigm in the program itself. Just let it sort alphabetically, and if you want aisle numbers, do the above. Just MHO.
  8.    #548  
    Quote Originally Posted by knobbysideup View Post
    - a way to link items across lists. Buy or edit on one list, it's marked as bought on all lists. But remove from one list, it stays on the others.
    This feature will be in the next version of Shopping List.

- ability to edit item attributes: what aisle/group, etc. Linking between stores, as in lists in above bullet would be nice too. Edit in one store reflects in all of them.
    Done.

- ability to rename lists and stores, and a way to duplicate stores (make a copy ... I'd like to start with the excellent generic store you already provide).
    You can rename lists and stores currently. To edit a list or store, just tap on the icon to the left of the list or store.

In the next version of Shopping List you will be able to duplicate stores, store aisles, etc. This will make it easier when creating new stores. Same goes for lists.

- It's a paid for app, and I know you wrote it. Do we really need the delay caused by the splash screen? That has to annoy *somebody* else :-)
    The splash screen is more of an aesthetic thing. Perhaps an option to turn it off under Preferences would be a viable option.
    Quote Originally Posted by xanthinealkaloid View Post
    2. It would be nice to be able to be done adding items without having to go back to the store level, i.e. some sort of button within aisles or stores.

3. It seems logical to have a unit field, i.e. case; bag; pounds; cans; or etc., because it would be nice to know have it for reference.
    It seems like there's still alot of back swiping req'd when adding items from a store to get back to the store level just to tap "done choosing items"?
    -and-
    The aisle headings should be a list button for hopping between aisles.
    -and-
    Do you think the "Done" button could save what you've just entered rather than having to tap "Add", then "Done"?

As far as units, it sure would simply be nice to be able to see it inline with the qty & price, i.e "2 [units] @ [cost] each".

You can rename lists and stores currently. To edit a list or store, just tap on the icon to the left of the list or store.

In the next version of Shopping List you will be able to duplicate stores, store aisles, etc. This will make it easier when creating new stores. Same goes for lists.
    Yup, finally read the help and realized you can edit with the icon taps. Thanks! Great news on the upcoming features. Definitely glad I sent some money your way. Good stuff.

A 'delete all' from the 'have' screen would be cool.
    Last edited by knobbysideup; 02/02/2010 at 01:39 PM.
  11.    #551  
    It seems like there's still a lot of back swiping req'd when adding items from a store to get back to the store level just to tap "done choosing items"?
    I agree that there is a lot of back swiping while choosing items. I was thinking of adding the 'done choosing items' button on the aisle and aisle item levels so you don't have to swipe back when you're done.

What do you mean?

Do you think the "Done" button could save what you've just entered rather than having to tap "Add", then "Done"?
    Yes, this is definitely something that will be changed in the next version.

As far as units, it sure would simply be nice to be able to see it inline with the qty & price, i.e "2 [units] @ [cost] each".
    Yes, unit types will be in the next version.

A 'delete all' from the 'have' screen would be cool.
    There will be a 'checkout' button that will remove all items in the 'have' section in the next version.
    What do you mean?
    My apologies for being vague...

I was thinking the upper left-hand title where it says the aisle name could be a list button of the aisles.

IDK...It's just a thought...Thanks for all the great effort you put into this app...

IMO...It's setting the standard...Josh
    I used the free version of Shopping List when it first came out. On 12/29/09 I purchased the paid version. However, each new day, when I open the app, it has reverted back to the free version, and when I go into updates it tells me there is an update.

Today, I will try turning off the Backup program on the Pre, delete the Shopping List, and download the paid version again. I'll then turn on the backup program to see if it was saving an old version????? I know this may have nothing to do with the problem. Any other ideas out there??? Very frustrating!!!

Thanks in advance!!!
  14.    #554  
    Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    I used the free version of Shopping List when it first came out. On 12/29/09 I purchased the paid version. However, each new day, when I open the app, it has reverted back to the free version, and when I go into updates it tells me there is an update.

Today, I will try turning off the Backup program on the Pre, delete the Shopping List, and download the paid version again. I'll then turn on the backup program to see if it was saving an old version????? I know this may have nothing to do with the problem. Any other ideas out there??? Very frustrating!!!

Thanks in advance!!!
    Hi there,

Have you tried the 'Emergency Migration Helper' patch via Preware? That might do the trick. Let me know.
    Trying it now. I'll report back in a couple of days to see if the problem still persists!

Thanks!!

Hi there,

Have you tried the 'Emergency Migration Helper' patch via Preware? That might do the trick. Let me know.
    Actually, after the running the EMH patch, and a LUNA restart, the old, free program is back again. I'm going to delete it, and add the paid version again. So it looks like after a restart, the old version keeps reappearing. There must be some files lingering??? But I see it's also happening for a few other Apps i have as well??? So it's not just the Shopping List app?
    Had to run WebOS Doctor... it solved the problem

Quote Originally Posted by oceanrealm View Post
    Actually, after the running the EMH patch, and a LUNA restart, the old, free program is back again. I'm going to delete it, and add the paid version again. So it looks like after a restart, the old version keeps reappearing. There must be some files lingering??? But I see it's also happening for a few other Apps i have as well??? So it's not just the Shopping List app?
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    Any news on the free version?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Hey Bryan! I noticed today while I was shopping that Shopping List is ordering aisles like this (10, 11, 12, 2, 3, 4, 5) automatically again. I have to keep on reordering them everytime I move about in the program.
  20.    #560  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    Any news on the free version?
    I have been busy making the paid version solid. However, I plan on releasing the free version next week with the next paid version. I know there has been a big delay since I mentioned the free version but I have made sure to spend more time making the program work better.

Quote Originally Posted by schaplin View Post
    Hey Bryan! I noticed today while I was shopping that Shopping List is ordering aisles like this (10, 11, 12, 2, 3, 4, 5) automatically again. I have to keep on reordering them everytime I move about in the program.
    Interesting. I believe I fixed this bug already so this should be fixed in the next version that comes out. Sorry about this.