Page 27 of 31 FirstFirst ... 1722232425262728293031 LastLast
Results 521 to 540 of 604
  1. #521  
    Bryan,

    A few things, since I have been comparing your product with the competitors:

    I don't think you have this yet, but seems to be a big one, the ability to link an item to multiple stores.

    I guess people don't want to enter the same item for every store they have.

    I can see the purpose of this, especially in the example of 'supermarkets' and you can are either doing comparison shopping or just using different supermarkets in your area.

    Of course you can't copy isle information, but to link the store and maybe the notes stuff.

    I also am happy that you like the idea of the tumbnails/pictures of items. In that vain (mm..is that the right word), anyway, you might want to add an extra field for the future of a bar code. Or at least the bar code information, we could enter temporarily for now, the bar code number that is on each bar code.

    I wonder if there is a national database that everyone uses for at least supermarket bar codes. If you enter that bar code number, can it look up the item for us and then enter the product details for us. Maybe this is something that the web product can have, that way we could just type in the bar code number and have an accurate item list. At least until a bar code reader is developed.

    I read somewhere that they said a bar code reader app could not be made on the Pre because it didn't have an auto focus camera, but I remember having a bar code reader for my Palm Treo, and I don't believe that camera had auto focus.

    And now when they say the Pre can't do stuff, I just turn and laugh, because they said that 3D gaming was impossible on a Pre but look what we have now!!

    I hate to say this, but maybe you could, like I did, look at what those other shopping apps (I think there a 3 in total) have to offer (I used the App Catalog) and read the specs of each apps. However, I also read all the complaints of each app and read what the people wanted.

    I have to tell you, your app by far is the most liked and compared to.

    So you've done a wonderful job and deserve a lot of credit for the hard work you've put into this.

    Oh, you made a comment on developing a desktop app, saying that you are working on a cloud/web based solution. If you just allow a simple export and import, then we can use any program we want to write a file to be imported. Usually an excel spreadsheet would be a good thing to use and it's cross platform, so you won't have to worry about PC or Mac users and even Linux people. Everyone has some sort of spreadsheet program.

    But I can live with a web based solution, but it does mean you running a server up in the cloud and that costs money to maintain.

    Rob

    PS I have a friend that runs .. server stuff... not sure what to call it, but it's called 'GothamWeb' maybe he can make you a deal!

    Web Hosting Provider - Complete Web Hosting Solution and Services
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 01/17/2010 at 04:48 AM. Reason: spelling and additional information
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  2. #522  
    Hi there,

    By the way, is there a way to change the aisle of an item?

    So far I don't seem to be able to move an item from one aisle to another?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  3. #523  
    Bryan,
    Just wanted to thank you for the great and fast response to all the people posting here. You are really staying on top of things and that's fantastic.
    I use Shopping List everytime I go to the store - we are already in the habit of walking the kitchen and pantry before I leave.
    Thanks for the support and continued improvement. And no worries on lost lists from beta for me - it game me an opportunity to learn the store thing which is much better and I reorganized my lists.

    Looking forward to new rev (going into edit mode by accident is driving me nuts - just did it about 5 times trying to building my list - guess I have a fat index finger)

    Best Regards,
    Nick
  4. CheriePie's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #524  
    Hi, since the previous poster was comparing your app to other apps, I wanted to again emphasize the pure grace and beauty that was HandyShopper, available for PalmOS only.

    Bryan, I know you were looking at that and implementing some of HandyShopper's features and I bring it up again now only because some of the suggestions made by Rob above would be better handled like the way they were in HandyShopper, specifically the ability to link an item to multiple stores.

    In that same vein, I used to like to be able to pull up a list of what I need "by store" so that when I was shopping in that particular store, I could pull up my list on the fly and only see the items that are actually available in that store. I generally find a lot of overlap between my CVS drugstore items and my grocery and supermarket items for example, I can get them at either place.

    Anyway, I don't know what your progress is on that, or even if it's still something you're actively working on but I thought I'd mention it since I don't think it's been brought up at all recently.

    Thanks again for the great app!
  5. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #525  
    @CheriePie -

    I don't use the aisle feature as intended, and if you don't, you can sort of get what you want -

    Just put your store names in the Aisles field, then you can sort by aisle, and have the divider function turned on. Presto - sorted by store.

    HTH,

    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  6.    #526  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Bryan,

    A few things, since I have been comparing your product with the competitors:

    I don't think you have this yet, but seems to be a big one, the ability to link an item to multiple stores.

    I guess people don't want to enter the same item for every store they have.

    I can see the purpose of this, especially in the example of 'supermarkets' and you can are either doing comparison shopping or just using different supermarkets in your area.

    Of course you can't copy isle information, but to link the store and maybe the notes stuff.

    I also am happy that you like the idea of the tumbnails/pictures of items. In that vain (mm..is that the right word), anyway, you might want to add an extra field for the future of a bar code. Or at least the bar code information, we could enter temporarily for now, the bar code number that is on each bar code.

    I wonder if there is a national database that everyone uses for at least supermarket bar codes. If you enter that bar code number, can it look up the item for us and then enter the product details for us. Maybe this is something that the web product can have, that way we could just type in the bar code number and have an accurate item list. At least until a bar code reader is developed.

    I read somewhere that they said a bar code reader app could not be made on the Pre because it didn't have an auto focus camera, but I remember having a bar code reader for my Palm Treo, and I don't believe that camera had auto focus.

    And now when they say the Pre can't do stuff, I just turn and laugh, because they said that 3D gaming was impossible on a Pre but look what we have now!!

    I hate to say this, but maybe you could, like I did, look at what those other shopping apps (I think there a 3 in total) have to offer (I used the App Catalog) and read the specs of each apps. However, I also read all the complaints of each app and read what the people wanted.

    I have to tell you, your app by far is the most liked and compared to.

    So you've done a wonderful job and deserve a lot of credit for the hard work you've put into this.

    Oh, you made a comment on developing a desktop app, saying that you are working on a cloud/web based solution. If you just allow a simple export and import, then we can use any program we want to write a file to be imported. Usually an excel spreadsheet would be a good thing to use and it's cross platform, so you won't have to worry about PC or Mac users and even Linux people. Everyone has some sort of spreadsheet program.

    But I can live with a web based solution, but it does mean you running a server up in the cloud and that costs money to maintain.

    Rob

    PS I have a friend that runs .. server stuff... not sure what to call it, but it's called 'GothamWeb' maybe he can make you a deal!

    Web Hosting Provider - Complete Web Hosting Solution and Services
    Thanks a lot Rob for your suggestions and feedback! It really means a lot when you spend the time to actually sit down and write a detailed message like that.

    Linking an item to multiple stores is definitely a possibility. I have looked into reading barcodes. This will definitely be an advanced feature that will hopefully come to Shopping List.

    Thanks so much for your compliments! I really hope you stick with Shopping List as I will be dedicated to making it better for everyone over time.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Hi there,

    By the way, is there a way to change the aisle of an item?

    So far I don't seem to be able to move an item from one aisle to another?

    Thanks!

    Rob
    If you're editing an item within a store, no. However, I will allow you to change the aisle to another aisle within the store to make it more versatile. Thanks for mentioning this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Kerek View Post
    Bryan,
    Just wanted to thank you for the great and fast response to all the people posting here. You are really staying on top of things and that's fantastic.
    I use Shopping List everytime I go to the store - we are already in the habit of walking the kitchen and pantry before I leave.
    Thanks for the support and continued improvement. And no worries on lost lists from beta for me - it game me an opportunity to learn the store thing which is much better and I reorganized my lists.

    Looking forward to new rev (going into edit mode by accident is driving me nuts - just did it about 5 times trying to building my list - guess I have a fat index finger)

    Best Regards,
    Nick
    Hi Nick,

    No problem! It's great to hear that you enjoy using Shopping List. I will be adding an option to "lock" item in the list that way you don't accidentally edit an item. This should be in the next few updates.

    Quote Originally Posted by CheriePie View Post
    Hi, since the previous poster was comparing your app to other apps, I wanted to again emphasize the pure grace and beauty that was HandyShopper, available for PalmOS only.

    Bryan, I know you were looking at that and implementing some of HandyShopper's features and I bring it up again now only because some of the suggestions made by Rob above would be better handled like the way they were in HandyShopper, specifically the ability to link an item to multiple stores.

    In that same vein, I used to like to be able to pull up a list of what I need "by store" so that when I was shopping in that particular store, I could pull up my list on the fly and only see the items that are actually available in that store. I generally find a lot of overlap between my CVS drugstore items and my grocery and supermarket items for example, I can get them at either place.

    Anyway, I don't know what your progress is on that, or even if it's still something you're actively working on but I thought I'd mention it since I don't think it's been brought up at all recently.

    Thanks again for the great app!
    Hi Cherie,

    In the next few updates you will be able to sort by store while in a list. I for one think this is a very important feature. Thanks for mentioning this!

    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @CheriePie -

    I don't use the aisle feature as intended, and if you don't, you can sort of get what you want -

    Just put your store names in the Aisles field, then you can sort by aisle, and have the divider function turned on. Presto - sorted by store.

    HTH,

    -JerryG
    Hi Jerry,

    Thanks for posting this workaround. As I said above, in the next few updates you will have the option to sort by store. Thanks again.
  7. #527  
    Ok. I may be asking a question that's already been asked but here it goes...

    I love the list already present in the Default Store. I want to move this entire list to be my grocery list....Without having to manually tap the 641 items, is there a way to move that list into my "Lists" section? I don't differentiate between Groceries stores so I want one major list to have the default grocery list...

    Regards,
    Rodney
  8.    #528  
    Quote Originally Posted by lazarustx View Post
    Ok. I may be asking a question that's already been asked but here it goes...

    I love the list already present in the Default Store. I want to move this entire list to be my grocery list....Without having to manually tap the 641 items, is there a way to move that list into my "Lists" section? I don't differentiate between Groceries stores so I want one major list to have the default grocery list...

    Regards,
    Rodney
    There isn't a way to do this in the current version, however, in a future version you will be able to do this.


    I wish I could push updates out faster with Palm, but they seem to be taking an extra long time pushing updates out for my app. It's been two weeks since my last update was submitted and that was just for a small bug fix. There's no telling how long it will take for each subsequent update. It really hurts.
  9. CheriePie's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #529  
    Bryan, thanks again for everything, and for your responses. And Jerry, thank you too for the great idea for the store sorting workaround until Bryan has that implemented. (Though I'm glad to hear that'll be in one of the next few versions. w00t w00t!
  10. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #530  
    @CheriePie - you're Most Welcome!

    @Bryan - did a mention/request a toggle button for the dividers on the bottom bar? ( If I didn't before, I did now... )

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  11.    #531  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    @CheriePie - you're Most Welcome!

    @Bryan - did a mention/request a toggle button for the dividers on the bottom bar? ( If I didn't before, I did now... )

    Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Hey Jerry,

    I'm not sure what the dividers on the bottom bar are? Could you tell me more about this?
  12. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #532  
    Bryan,

    Maybe I should rephrase that - add a button on the bottom of the (shopping list) screen, which will toggle the onscreen dividers (on or off).

    Thanks and sorry for any confusion... Guess I was also sort of asking for all the buttons on the bottom of the screen (in a shopping list) to be integrated into a button bar).

    Ciao4Now,

    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  13.    #533  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Bryan,

    Maybe I should rephrase that - add a button on the bottom of the (shopping list) screen, which will toggle the onscreen dividers (on or off).

    Thanks and sorry for any confusion... Guess I was also sort of asking for all the buttons on the bottom of the screen (in a shopping list) to be integrated into a button bar).

    Ciao4Now,

    -JerryG
    Hey Jerry,

    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There is an option under Preferences to turn off sorting dividers. However, are you looking to turn the dividers off on-demand or per list?
  14. JerryG's Avatar
    Posts
    535 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #534  
    Bryan,

    I was thinking of on demand while in a list.

    Regards,
    -JerryG

    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Roth View Post
    Hey Jerry,

    Sorry for the delay in getting back to you. There is an option under Preferences to turn off sorting dividers. However, are you looking to turn the dividers off on-demand or per list?
  15. #535  
    My wife bought this from the app store and it WILL NOT INSTALL! I tried migrating it, webos repair, and doctoring the phone. It will not install. It gives me the install failed error and wants me to restart constantly. What would you suggest?
  16.    #536  
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    My wife bought this from the app store and it WILL NOT INSTALL! I tried migrating it, webos repair, and doctoring the phone. It will not install. It gives me the install failed error and wants me to restart constantly. What would you suggest?
    Sorry to hear about this. It's quite frustrating that after the webOS 1.3.5 update people have had numerous problems installing apps via the App Catalog.

    Have you tried the 'Emergency Migration Helper' patch via Preware? That might do the trick. Let me know.
  17. #537  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Roth View Post
    Sorry to hear about this. It's quite frustrating that after the webOS 1.3.5 update people have had numerous problems installing apps via the App Catalog.

    Have you tried the 'Emergency Migration Helper' patch via Preware? That might do the trick. Let me know.
    Thats what I ment by migrating it. I have done it 5 times over two days. No change.
  18.    #538  
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    Thats what I ment by migrating it. I have done it 5 times over two days. No change.
    Weird. Is it doing this for other apps that you try to update/install?
  19. #539  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Roth View Post
    Weird. Is it doing this for other apps that you try to update/install?
    Oh yea. Worked like a charm on all the aps on my phone, and 4 out of the 5 giving my wifes pre trouble.
  20.    #540  
    Quote Originally Posted by jediknight36 View Post
    Oh yea. Worked like a charm on all the aps on my phone, and 4 out of the 5 giving my wifes pre trouble.
    So, it's your wife's phone that is having trouble installing apps? I have hunted around to see if there are any possible fixes that you haven't tried but have come up empty handed. I am really sorry I can't help much on this issue but I'm trying. Have you tried contacting Palm?

Posting Permissions