Page 26 of 31 FirstFirst ... 162122232425262728293031 LastLast
  1.    #501  
    Quote Originally Posted by schaplin View Post
    I understand bugs happen. It's not a biggie. I just happened to notice it so quick because today was grocery shopping day.

I must say that I love the 'All Items' in the stores. It makes it so much easier to make a list by seeing everything in alphabetical order instead of by aisle.

Thanks so much for all of your hardwork, Bryan. I will have to stay with webOS forever because of devs like you. This is my favorite app on my phone.

Steph
    Hey Steph,

No problem! I love interacting with my users and making sure they're absolutely satisfied with the product.

Thanks for pointing out that bug earlier. Yes, it does suck that the bug was still there but by you letting me know allowed me to submit a quick update . I'm glad you love the 'All Items' feature - I agree that it makes things a lot easier!
    Quote Originally Posted by Bryan Roth View Post
    I just pushed an update for Shopping List to fix the sales tax bug. I was told it should be published some time early next week. Sorry for all this folks.
    I ran the update, and now all of my lists are gone. I am assuming this is not the way this was supposed to happen. I love the app, but I can't keep reloading my entire grocery list every time there is an update. Any help would be appreciated.
  3.    #503  
    Quote Originally Posted by f1nzup View Post
    I ran the update, and now all of my lists are gone. I am assuming this is not the way this was supposed to happen. I love the app, but I can't keep reloading my entire grocery list every time there is an update. Any help would be appreciated.
    Hi,

I am very sorry about this. However, this isn't supposed to happen. Did you try restarting the app to see if it would be there? Did you try restarting your phone?

It would be great if you could send me your database file so I could see if there were any culprits in there. To get your database file, follow Step 1 only from the http://forums.precentral.net/adaptiv...a-version.html thread.

Let me know.
    I restarted the phone but to no avail. I will send you the database file. Thanks for the help.
    Thank you Bryan for the quick response and quick fix! You solved my problem.
    I'm using the latest paid version of Shopping List. When ever I add and item to a list from a store (list), nothing happens. The item doesn't get added. I'm in my list (Need), click the "+", then select "Stores", select a store, select a category/aisle, select an item, select done.. and nothing happens. The item doesn't get added. Am I missing something? Is there another way I'm supposed to be added an item to my list from the store lists?
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pjramirez View Post
    I'm using the latest paid version of Shopping List. When ever I add and item to a list from a store (list), nothing happens. The item doesn't get added. I'm in my list (Need), click the "+", then select "Stores", select a store, select a category/aisle, select an item, select done.. and nothing happens. The item doesn't get added. Am I missing something? Is there another way I'm supposed to be added an item to my list from the store lists?
    To add items to your list from 'Stores' do the following.

1. Click the "+" button
    2. Click "Stores"
    3. Pick your store
    4. Select your item
    5. Back gesture twice (back to your Store List)
    6. Press the "done choosing items" button
    7. Item should appear in your list.

I hope this helps.

Steph
    What schaplin says, and when you get to --

Quote Originally Posted by pjramirez View Post
    ... select an item, select done....
    Don't go into the item details; just check it, and back-swipe out.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    I'm not sure if this has been requested or not, BUt here we go...

When Adding an Item... on several occasions I wil type the name of the item qty... and Hit Done, Which of course does nothin because I was suppose to hit ADD first and then done.

Could you add the ability to figure out weather or not the item was added and Prompt to add if the user hits done if it was not already added?

Thanks.
  10.    #510  
    Quote Originally Posted by sdmeier View Post
    I'm not sure if this has been requested or not, BUt here we go...

When Adding an Item... on several occasions I wil type the name of the item qty... and Hit Done, Which of course does nothin because I was suppose to hit ADD first and then done.

Could you add the ability to figure out weather or not the item was added and Prompt to add if the user hits done if it was not already added?

Thanks.
    Definitely. I am working on making it more intuitive. I have thought of just saving the item when you hit done if you hadn't already hit the 'Add' button.

Thanks for mentioning this.
    Global Posts
    87 Global Posts
    That would work too.

Definitely. I am working on making it more intuitive. I have thought of just saving the item when you hit done if you hadn't already hit the 'Add' button.

Thanks for mentioning this.
    Hi,

I finally got back into setting up my lists on Shopping Lists.

I do have the paid version.

I had asked for before, but wanted to see if these features are going to be added.

For safety, since I doctor my phone a lot (with the upgrades) and I end up erasing my profile. Just my choice.

I want the ability to save the database so I can reload it during one of these scenarios.

I would like to maybe be able to edit the database on my computer, just to make it easier to type in this stuff faster. I do know that there is another app like this that does this on a website. I don't care about doing it on a website, but at least be able to do it on my computer, perhaps in excel?

Also, I once mentioned, being able to take a picture of the item to store in the database as a thumbnail (so we don't end up with a ton of pictures to store on the phone in high resolution).

Just checking again. And yet, make it save the item with the 'done' key, that's what I was doing until I figured out we needed to hit 'add' (which I thought was for entering another item only).

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

13.    #513  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I would like to maybe be able to edit the database on my computer, just to make it easier to type in this stuff faster. I do know that there is another app like this that does this on a website. I don't care about doing it on a website, but at least be able to do it on my computer, perhaps in excel?
    I have pondered developing a desktop version that will allow you to mange lists while you're offline. I still have to think about it because it adds a new layer between your phone and the cloud. The web app is currently in development so this is the first step to backing up your data to the cloud.

Also, I once mentioned, being able to take a picture of the item to store in the database as a thumbnail (so we don't end up with a ton of pictures to store on the phone in high resolution).
    Yes, I am still planning on implementing the ability to take pictures and save them as thumbnails for items. This will be a cool feature!

Just checking again. And yet, make it save the item with the 'done' key, that's what I was doing until I figured out we needed to hit 'add' (which I thought was for entering another item only).
    Yes, I am changing the 'Add Items' screen so that when you tap on the 'done' button it will save the item anyway - I should have done this in the first place.
    For someone adventurous without liability to the dev, here's an option:

SQLite Manager :: Add-ons for Firefox

Especially useful if someone would like to do some quick data entry in Excel or Calc then import to the db as a csv without getting to geeky with commands and the such.

I have pondered developing a desktop version that will allow you to mange lists while you're offline. I still have to think about it because it adds a new layer between your phone and the cloud. The web app is currently in development so this is the first step to backing up your data to the cloud.
    I would image you could probably get by simply adding an option to upload an csv to the web app...With proper insturctions regarding headers, just about anybody can use Calc or excel to create an csv file which they could store locally if they really wanted to.
    I have been watching the development of this program and am so excited by its changes and can't wait for the web version. I am currently using a program on the ITouch called GroceryIQ.

I am trying to get Shopping List set up and want to do it correctly before I get too far into it. I feel like I am not understanding exactly how to set it up though.

Why would I set up individual "stores" versus having all of my grocery items in a "list"?

What I am used to in GroceryIQ to is adding an item which would show up on the "list". At the grocery store, it moves to the cartt. It then moves to "history" and then I would always go the history to put it back to my "list" the next time I need it.

Here it seems after it moves to "have", I could search that and move the item back to the "need" list. When would I use the "store" list?

I keep wanting to be in "store" and check it so it moves the "need" list but it doesn't work that way.

Thanks for any explanation.
  16.    #516  
    Quote Originally Posted by mruderman View Post
    I have been watching the development of this program and am so excited by its changes and can't wait for the web version. I am currently using a program on the ITouch called GroceryIQ.

I am trying to get Shopping List set up and want to do it correctly before I get too far into it. I feel like I am not understanding exactly how to set it up though.

Why would I set up individual "stores" versus having all of my grocery items in a "list"?

What I am used to in GroceryIQ to is adding an item which would show up on the "list". At the grocery store, it moves to the cartt. It then moves to "history" and then I would always go the history to put it back to my "list" the next time I need it.

Here it seems after it moves to "have", I could search that and move the item back to the "need" list. When would I use the "store" list?

I keep wanting to be in "store" and check it so it moves the "need" list but it doesn't work that way.

Thanks for any explanation.
    Hey there,

Setting up individual stores allows you to track items uniquely. In a future version, this will allow you to compare prices for a specific item across multiple stores.

If entering items manually, auto-complete (if enabled) comes in handy and saves you time because it searches all your stores for similar items as you type.

When you add items to a list, you are given the option to select items from stores. After selecting your items from stores you swipe back to the Stores screen and tap on the "done choosing items" button.

Let me know if this helps or if you need me to explain more.
    So if I have all of my items set up in the stores, to add to my "grocery list", I am in the "need" section and I click on "+" and choose "stores". From there in order to choose my item, I have to go into a particular store and an aisle before I can start typing and find an item. Is there a way to search for the item before having to choose a particular aisle or a store? I would love to be able to type in the item name at the store level.

I like that in the "Store" you can sort the aisle however you want but when it appears on the "list", the aisle view is not in that same order (looks alphabetical but I only have a few aisles set up currently). I would love see the aisles set them up in the order of how I walk through my grocery store.

Thanks!! Marcia

Hey there,

Setting up individual stores allows you to track items uniquely. In a future version, this will allow you to compare prices for a specific item across multiple stores.

If entering items manually, auto-complete (if enabled) comes in handy and saves you time because it searches all your stores for similar items as you type.

When you add items to a list, you are given the option to select items from stores. After selecting your items from stores you swipe back to the Stores screen and tap on the "done choosing items" button.

Let me know if this helps or if you need me to explain more.
  18.    #518  
    So if I have all of my items set up in the stores, to add to my "grocery list", I am in the "need" section and I click on "+" and choose "stores". From there in order to choose my item, I have to go into a particular store and an aisle before I can start typing and find an item. Is there a way to search for the item before having to choose a particular aisle or a store? I would love to be able to type in the item name at the store level.
    You can search all store items by going into the store and tapping on 'All Items' located on the top of the screen. Then you can search by typing. So, in a way, this is at the store level. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

I like that in the "Store" you can sort the aisle however you want but when it appears on the "list", the aisle view is not in that same order (looks alphabetical but I only have a few aisles set up currently). I would love see the aisles set them up in the order of how I walk through my grocery store.
    I see what you're saying. In the store you reordered the aisles in the order you wanted but when you went to sort by aisle in the list the aisles were sorted alphabetically. This could be a problem due to you being able to add items from multiple stores. I'll think about a way to make this work. Added to the feature list!
    Thanks Bryan - the "All Items" is what I needed. Thanks for adding the aisle issue to your feature list.

I have one other question - hopefully. Again, this might be because I am not using it correctly. Here's my scenario: I add things to my "list" from the stores, they then appear on the "need" list. When I am at the grocery store, I check them off the "need" list and they move to the "have" list. The next time, I need that item, I would go to the "store" and add it to the "list". Again after going to the grocery store and checking the item off the "need" list, it is now duplicated on the "have" list. If I "reset" the "have" list, it goes back to the "need" list, but I really want the "have" list cleared. In my mind, the "have" list is my cart and I would want that emptied after each shopping trip. If I have to check the "have" and "store" to see where that item is listed, it seems to be extra work - could there be a "clear list" along with a "reset list"? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you so much for your prompt answers - I am really excited about this program

Marcia

You can search all store items by going into the store and tapping on 'All Items' located on the top of the screen. Then you can search by typing. So, in a way, this is at the store level. Let me know if this is what you are looking for.

I see what you're saying. In the store you reordered the aisles in the order you wanted but when you went to sort by aisle in the list the aisles were sorted alphabetically. This could be a problem due to you being able to add items from multiple stores. I'll think about a way to make this work. Added to the feature list!
  20.    #520  
    Thanks Bryan - the "All Items" is what I needed. Thanks for adding the aisle issue to your feature list.

I have one other question - hopefully. Again, this might be because I am not using it correctly. Here's my scenario: I add things to my "list" from the stores, they then appear on the "need" list. When I am at the grocery store, I check them off the "need" list and they move to the "have" list. The next time, I need that item, I would go to the "store" and add it to the "list". Again after going to the grocery store and checking the item off the "need" list, it is now duplicated on the "have" list. If I "reset" the "have" list, it goes back to the "need" list, but I really want the "have" list cleared. In my mind, the "have" list is my cart and I would want that emptied after each shopping trip. If I have to check the "have" and "store" to see where that item is listed, it seems to be extra work - could there be a "clear list" along with a "reset list"? Am I doing something wrong?

Thank you so much for your prompt answers - I am really excited about this program

Marcia
    Hey Marcia,

I already have a "check out" or "clear list" option in the works for the next version! This has been a popular request. Thanks for letting me know about it though.

Let me know if you have any more questions.

FYI - I am currently recording video tutorials of how to use Shopping List so everyone can reference them when they need visual help rather than reading a help file.