Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ... 131819202122232425262728 ... LastLast
Results 441 to 460 of 604
  1.    #441  
    Quote Originally Posted by spud101 View Post
    I was a happy user of (the homebrew) shopping list as well, until it timed out and I, as a European Pre owner, am left in the cold....

    Is there a way for us Europeans to buy it outside of the app catalog and then install it through quick install for exemple. Or maybe you can have the beta app work a bit longer until we have paid apps???
    Hey there,

    Sorry about this. I will be releasing a free version of Shopping List soon so people outside of the U.S. will be able to use it. This free version will be out sometime this week.
  2. #442  
    ... found another bug. Stopped at the store last night and tried out the app, and found the math didn't work right for me. It overcharged me! Aak!


    As far as the new bug, that is bizarre. I tried recreating the bug on my end but couldn't do it. Could you tell me exactly what you entered for each of those items?
    Okay, the first 2 items I entered a few hours previously - everything (Store, Aisle, Item, Quantity, Notes) except the price per. I may have re-done them from the Default Store, but I can't be sure, as that was when I found the problem with Aisle name and deleted and re-entered the items 1 or 2 times - so like I say, I can't be sure if they're a manual entry or copied.

    The third item I did enter (manually) right before shopping - Aisle, Item, Quantity, Notes and Coupon - all except Store which was already entered and the price. While shopping I entered all the prices, and checked off the items in the Need screen. The Have screen is as the screen-shot. Truthfully, I didn't even close the app that night, thinking you might need to see it.

    I hope this helps - somehow. Thanks!

    PS - As far as bugs go, I'd rather be overcharged than under!
    Last edited by Elizabeth1129; 12/13/2009 at 07:52 PM. Reason: addendum
  3. #443  
    Love the app in the beta version. Is there any way for us Canadian Users to get the app (the App Cat is only still in Beta up here )???
  4.    #444  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    Okay, the first 2 items I entered a few hours previously - everything (Store, Aisle, Item, Quantity, Notes) except the price per. I may have re-done them from the Default Store, but I can't be sure, as that was when I found the problem with Aisle name and deleted and re-entered the items 1 or 2 times - so like I say, I can't be sure if they're a manual entry or copied.

    The third item I did enter (manually) right before shopping - Aisle, Item, Quantity, Notes and Coupon - all except Store which was already entered and the price. While shopping I entered all the prices, and checked off the items in the Need screen. The Have screen is as the screen-shot. Truthfully, I didn't even close the app that night, thinking you might need to see it.

    I hope this helps - somehow. Thanks!

    PS - As far as bugs go, I'd rather be overcharged than under!
    Hi Elizabeth,

    I think I figured out where the bug is. It has to do with the sales tax. Are you using 7.0% sales tax on those items?

    Quote Originally Posted by birdkobes View Post
    Love the app in the beta version. Is there any way for us Canadian Users to get the app (the App Cat is only still in Beta up here )???
    Hi there,

    I will be releasing a free version in the App Catalog soon that will have limited features. This will allow everyone to try before they buy as well as allow people from other countries to use it.

    I hope to get the free version in the App Catalog soon, possibly this week.
  5. #445  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Are you using 7.0% sales tax on those items?
    Ahh - yes. Sorry, forgot to mention it.
  6.    #446  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    Ahh - yes. Sorry, forgot to mention it.
    No problem. Thanks for finding this bug! I'll make sure to fix this and get an update out immediately.
  7. #447  
    Good work & thanks for putting the Shoping List in the Apps Catalog. Now, I if the Apps Catalog would only work, I'd be set!

    Anyone else having this problem?
  8. mullern's Avatar
    Posts
    117 Posts
    Global Posts
    143 Global Posts
    #448  
    I would buy the app immediately if I could...... AppCat still in beta........ or have a Homebrew as long a we poor non-US users don't have paid apps.
    Thanks for thinking about a "limited function" version in AppCat, but that's not really what I (we) need.
  9.    #449  
    Quote Originally Posted by broncosfan49 View Post
    Good work & thanks for putting the Shoping List in the Apps Catalog. Now, I if the Apps Catalog would only work, I'd be set!

    Anyone else having this problem?
    What problem are you having?

    Quote Originally Posted by mullern View Post
    I would buy the app immediately if I could...... AppCat still in beta........ or have a Homebrew as long a we poor non-US users don't have paid apps.
    Thanks for thinking about a "limited function" version in AppCat, but that's not really what I (we) need.
    I understand where you're coming from. It's quite frustrating that Palm hasn't opened up paid apps in other countries yet. However, the least I can do is submit a free version to the App Catalog that has limited capabilities but doesn't expire.
  10. jstew10's Avatar
    Posts
    148 Posts
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    #450  
    Thank for the update on the tax toggle. As for the bottles deposit, I live in Michigan where the deposit is $.10 (I know, be jealous). That deposit is actually built into the cost but not added when they put the price on the tag. So a sixer of Bud may go for $5.99 but add in the $.60 for the can deposit and you get $6.59 before tax.

    I's a bit knit-picky and I can see how it would be problematic, but perhaps a field in the same area where you enter sales tax, especially for those stored items on your default list. It would have to be editable as not every state is the same, but it wouldbe a big help when trying to get a good total. Thanks for asking!

    Now if I could just figure out how to get a good price for my produce...
  11. #451  
    I am normally really good at tech stuff, but I don't get how to make my lists.

    I have my shopping list "groceries"

    I click on the plus button to add something

    I click "add items from store"

    I click on "Target"

    I click on my created category "health and beauty"

    I check the Children's shampoo that I have already entered in the store...

    And, I get stuck. I can't swipe back, the menu doesn't have an option to go back.

    it is selected, but I don't know what to do.

    What do I do to get it onto my shopping list?

    My other frustration, is I can sort by isle, but do I have to make a separate list for each store, or can I sort by store?
  12.    #452  
    Quote Originally Posted by Erika Ruth View Post
    I am normally really good at tech stuff, but I don't get how to make my lists.

    I have my shopping list "groceries"

    I click on the plus button to add something

    I click "add items from store"

    I click on "Target"

    I click on my created category "health and beauty"

    I check the Children's shampoo that I have already entered in the store...

    And, I get stuck. I can't swipe back, the menu doesn't have an option to go back.

    it is selected, but I don't know what to do.

    What do I do to get it onto my shopping list?

    My other frustration, is I can sort by isle, but do I have to make a separate list for each store, or can I sort by store?
    Hi Erika,

    Sorry for your frustration.

    Keep swiping back until you get back to the stores screen where there will be a button on the bottom right that says "done choosing items."

    You do not have to make a list for each store. You can choose multiple items from different stores. The ability to sort by store will be in a future version.

    Let me know if you have any more questions.
  13. #453  
    Perfect! It is a problem with my swiping skills, not the app! I'm looking forward to the update on sorting by store in a future version! I'm thrilled with the app so far, and once I get it all up and going and get an update with the store sort, and figure it all out, I'll gladly make another donation!

    Thanks for your quick reply, and I'll get it figured out!
  14. schaplin's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #454  
    Hey Mojo! I don't know if you have checked the reviews in the catalog, but I am having the same problem as one of the downloaders.

    When I am manually entering an item the cursor will jump down to the price field mid word.
  15.    #455  
    Quote Originally Posted by schaplin View Post
    Hey Mojo! I don't know if you have checked the reviews in the catalog, but I am having the same problem as one of the downloaders.

    When I am manually entering an item the cursor will jump down to the price field mid word.
    Yeah, I checked out the review and had already fixed this bug. I will be submitting an update to the App Catalog to resolve this bug and other bugs that have been found since.

    Sorry about this.
  16. #456  
    I started to setup the new version and so far very happy but would like to make a couple of suggestions to future versions, if possible and or it's a good idea.

    One far out suggestion which is probably not possible but I'll mention first before getting to a better suggestion:

    1) Some how make Shopping List work with Bar Codes, this way we can 'scan' (using the camera) the bar code of an item and do a look up in a database of what that item is and have it be entered into Shopping List.

    2) Be able to take a picture of an item and link that picture (change the picture to a smaller icon size) to the item. This way when we pick an item in the list we actually see the picture of the item. Great when sending someone to the store to pick stuff up for you. They can match the picture to make sure they are getting the right item.

    Now for a more reasonable idea:

    3) Be able to 'Export' our entire Shopping List database, mainly the 'Store' items, this way if we loose the program or the Pre messes up, we can 'Import' it back in.

    4) Be able to send that Exported Database back to Mojo, so they can build a bigger 'Default' database of items, then we can then download and Import into Shopping List, so that the Default database can grow with the users adding to it. This way Mojo doesn't have to build the database itself which was a great start from what I see in this version.

    So those are my suggestions, some very out there and some very reasonable.

    Rob
    Last edited by rlanza1054; 12/14/2009 at 08:31 PM. Reason: spelling grammer
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

  17. DAE51D's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    #457  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    1) Some how make Shopping List work with Bar Codes, this way we can 'scan' (using the camera) the bar code of an item and do a look up in a database of what that item is and have it be entered into Shopping List.

    2) Be able to take a picture of an item and link that picture (change the picture to a smaller icon size) to the item. This way when we pick an item in the list we actually see the picture of the item. Great when sending someone to the store to pick stuff up for you. They can match the picture to make sure they are getting the right item.
    Both of these are brilliant. Love the picture idea especially. I always have to take a separate picture of something I see at the store. I don't use it for things like katsup or food stuffs, but say I'm at a real store and I want to write down the make/model and come back later when I have money (or research it online).
    Still using my Treo 650. Waiting for the real apps to come for Pre...
  18.    #458  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I started to setup the new version and so far very happy but would like to make a couple of suggestions to future versions, if possible and or it's a good idea.

    One far out suggestion which is probably not possible but I'll mention first before getting to a better suggestion:

    1) Some how make Shopping List work with Bar Codes, this way we can 'scan' (using the camera) the bar code of an item and do a look up in a database of what that item is and have it be entered into Shopping List.

    2) Be able to take a picture of an item and link that picture (change the picture to a smaller icon size) to the item. This way when we pick an item in the list we actually see the picture of the item. Great when sending someone to the store to pick stuff up for you. They can match the picture to make sure they are getting the right item.

    Now for a more reasonable idea:

    3) Be able to 'Export' our entire Shopping List database, mainly the 'Store' items, this way if we loose the program or the Pre messes up, we can 'Import' it back in.

    4) Be able to send that Exported Database back to Mojo, so they can build a bigger 'Default' database of items, then we can then download and Import into Shopping List, so that the Default database can grow with the users adding to it. This way Mojo doesn't have to build the database itself which was a great start from what I see in this version.

    So those are my suggestions, some very out there and some very reasonable.

    Rob
    Hi Rob,

    Thanks for these amazing suggestions. These are all possible! Some might take longer than others but definitely doable.

    I am working on a web app that you will be able to make backups to, as well as manage and sync your data. I love the idea of collaborating on managing the Default Store's data. Interesting...

    Thanks again for these awesome suggestions!
  19.    #459  
    I know this might have come late for some (sorry ) but I just posted a new thread in the Mojo Apps forums about a new way to transfer data from the beta version. To view the thread go here: http://forums.precentral.net/mojo-ap...a-version.html

    This isn't for anybody, so tread lightly.
  20. CheriePie's Avatar
    Posts
    13 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #460  
    Hi! I need help.

    I've been happily using the beta version for awhile now and just noticed today that it expired (I must not have launched it in the last several days). Anyway, I notice from reading the last few pages of this thread that I need to uninstall this version before I'm able to install the paid version from the app catalog. Unfortunately, I really need to be able to get at some of my lists first. We just bought a new house last month and I've been keeping a Housewares list in there and I really won't be able to remember all the stuff I added to it.

    Can you please help me get at that data ASAP. It's a bit frustrating because I'd actually planned a trip to Lowe's tomorrow but if I can't get to my list, I'll certainly miss at least half the stuff I need to buy. HELP!!

Posting Permissions