Page 22 of 31 FirstFirst ... 121718192021222324252627 ... LastLast
  1.    #421  
    Quote Originally Posted by rc46 View Post
    I too have been enjoying the Beta version of this app. I bought the app catalog version today and gave the app 5 stars.

I was a little bummed that my old database would not work in the app catalog version but when I started thinking about it, I decided that it was not that big of deal to make new lists.

I do have a suggestion for you though. It would be great if we could import and export lists to a Google Documents spreadsheet. I know there is an API for that function because there are several apps that are using it such as Checkbook and Fuel. The backup and restore function would make this app perfect.

TIA
    Thank you!

Sorry about not being able to transfer your data from the beta version to the app catalog version.

I have pondered using Google Docs however I decided I would just develop a web app that would do more than what Google Docs does. The web app will allow you to do all this stuff you can do in the app as well as sync with your phone. That way you will have a backup always.

The web app is a work in progress but I hope to have a basic version of it done soon so everyone can start backing up their data.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Is this one of the things that teh Palm Profile backs up now? I ask because even if it is saved to the media portion, it is still susceptable to deletion if someone is forced to use webdoc to fix thier phone. This is where that web based database would be extremely helpful.
    @dragbug -

This isn't backed up to your Palm Profile (not that I'd completely trust their backups, anyway). I backup up everything in my media partition (excepting music), to my PC, a couple of times per week. And I believe that some kind folks are hard at work developing a backup app.

IIRC, the newest version of WebOSDoctor does not wipe your media partition. You'd probably be better off using http://forums.precentral.net/canuck-...r-utility.html

I used it recently, worked great. Just remember to read the instructions first, or YMMV.

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Ya didn't think it was saved there. Either way, sounds like the web app will be coming and will make backups easier and safer.
    I'm hoping this is the right place to post this, since Shopping List is now a paid app. --

I d'ld the app from the catalog and found a few bugs.

• in List view, sometimes Notes starts right underneath the Item name, sometimes at very beginning of its line

• the Aisle name is the same as the Item name. This even happens when you manually add a Store, the Aisle and the Item.

• cannot edit Aisle name

And I also have a question. Other than manually is there a way when you're done shopping to re-list an item to a different Store, say from the Default store to an added one, so you end up having the same item listed in 2 (or more) Stores? I'm thinking this would be helpful when the price changes, or if you're making a list for a certain store.

I'm still playing with the app, getting to know it, and so far it's really great! Thanks!
  5.    #425  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    I'm hoping this is the right place to post this, since Shopping List is now a paid app. --

I d'ld the app from the catalog and found a few bugs.

in List view, sometimes Notes starts right underneath the Item name, sometimes at very beginning of its line

the Aisle name is the same as the Item name. This even happens when you manually add a Store, the Aisle and the Item.

cannot edit Aisle name

And I also have a question. Other than manually is there a way when you're done shopping to re-list an item to a different Store, say from the Default store to an added one, so you end up having the same item listed in 2 (or more) Stores? I'm thinking this would be helpful when the price changes, or if you're making a list for a certain store.

I'm still playing with the app, getting to know it, and so far it's really great! Thanks!
    Hi Elizabeth,

You're in the right place

Thank you for finding these sneaky little bugs!

in List view, sometimes Notes starts right underneath the Item name, sometimes at very beginning of its line

Could you give me an example of the item that you are entering in the list? Maybe a screenshot?

the Aisle name is the same as the Item name. This even happens when you manually add a Store, the Aisle and the Item.

I see what you're saying. When you go to edit an item from an aisle, the aisle name is being set as the item name.

cannot edit Aisle name

To edit an aisle name, tap on the gray icon next to the aisle name. This should bring up the option to edit the aisle.

Yes, I will be adding the feature of copying aisles or items or both to other stores.

I will look into these immediately.

Thanks,
    Bryan
    Hey I just noticed that Shopping List was in the Palm App Catalog and I immediately purchased it (I had made a donation to support this developer).

I love it, and I discovered (since I had not been using it since all the changes) that it contained most of the changes that I wanted.

And I am glad you keep the name 'Shopping List', if you had changed it I would not have realized it was your app that I was looking at.

I'm so glad you finally got it up in Palm's App Catalog, you put so much work and love into this app.

It will be fun getting it setup, so I can finally use it. I had used the very first version of it and now I'm going to reap all the work you put into it.

Thank you for putting out a great app!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

Just noticed something in the App Catalog!

Why is the 'downloads' showing for me as 0 (zero) and the rating is not showing as well.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

8.    #428  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Just noticed something in the App Catalog!

Why is the 'downloads' showing for me as 0 (zero) and the rating is not showing as well.

Rob
    As far as I know, this is a bug within the App Catalog itself. I heard Palm is working hard to fix this bug. As of right now, download counts and ratings are not updating. However, reviews are still working.
    I love the app' on homebrew and paid for the app [we must support our developer's peeps], and the Palm catalog gives me that yellow iconic triangle, and I cannot dowload upgrade.

I hope this is a Palm issue, I do not want to delete and re-install and lose my databases since it is my Cmas lists.

Am I the only one who cannot get passed the triangle "No Can Download" symbol? I been trying for 4 days.
  10.    #430  
    Quote Originally Posted by LeeNoga View Post
    I love the app' on homebrew and paid for the app [we must support our developer's peeps], and the Palm catalog gives me that yellow iconic triangle, and I cannot dowload upgrade.

I hope this is a Palm issue, I do not want to delete and re-install and lose my databases since it is my Cmas lists.

Am I the only one who cannot get passed the triangle "No Can Download" symbol? I been trying for 4 days.
    You can't keep your data when upgrading to the App Catalog version of Shopping List. Sorry about this.

However, if you haven't already purchased the App Catalog version, I can extract your data to a spreadsheet to make re-entering your data easier. If you would like me to do this for you, send me a private message and I will be in contact with you with further instructions.
    Your rock with the offer! This Chica' can re-enter the data...and I did pay for the app via Palm, it just does not download...when I click on your proggy, it gives me "Update" option from Palm catalog, and when I select UPDATE, I get iconic triangle and bomb.

So, if I delete the homebrew version of your wares, the Palm catalog will download fine for me and install?
  12.    #432  
    Your rock with the offer! This Chica' can re-enter the data...and I did pay for the app via Palm, it just does not download...when I click on your proggy, it gives me "Update" option from Palm catalog, and when I select UPDATE, I get iconic triangle and bomb.

So, if I delete the homebrew version of your wares, the Palm catalog will download fine for me and install?
    Hi there,

Yes, you will have to uninstall the homebrew version before you can purchase and download the App Catalog version.

Let me know if you have any problems.
    Woo Hoo, the app installed from Palm Catalog once homebrew app was removed! I have almost got all my data re-entered.

THANKS so much!
    I was a little upset at first to see that this app had expired and I had to buy it through the App Catalog, but you know, this is my most useful non-phone (calling, conatcts, texts) application next to the web and email. I LOVE this Shopping List app, and congratulations on getting it in the App Catalog! It's the first App I've bought from the catalog, too, and for $2? WELL worth it.
  15.    #435  
    Quote Originally Posted by julieb123 View Post
    I was a little upset at first to see that this app had expired and I had to buy it through the App Catalog, but you know, this is my most useful non-phone (calling, conatcts, texts) application next to the web and email. I LOVE this Shopping List app, and congratulations on getting it in the App Catalog! It's the first App I've bought from the catalog, too, and for $2? WELL worth it.
    Sorry about the app expiring - it was only a beta version and was only meant for testing purposes. I'm glad you love the app! There are a slew of features coming down the road that I think you and everyone else will enjoy.

Thanks again!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post

Could you give me an example of the item that you are entering in the list? Maybe a screenshot?
    Attachment 38932

Here it shows items I manually added, but the notes don't line up properly. The top 3 notes line up under the item name, but the bottom 2 indent to the far left. It's not because of too many characters, as "double box" has less letters than "French Roast"

I see what you're saying. When you go to edit an item from an aisle, the aisle name is being set as the item name.
    Yes, that's it. Example -- Attachment 38933

cannot edit Aisle name

To edit an aisle name, tap on the gray icon next to the aisle name. This should bring up the option to edit the aisle.
    Yes, that's doable, but from the 'Aisles' screen. As the shots above and below show, once you get to the Item screen the Aisle name is somehow changed to the Item name and there's no way to change it, even in the Default Store, as shown here. (Sorry. )

Attachment 38934

And, I'm afraid that I found another bug. Stopped at the store last night and tried out the app, and found the math didn't work right for me. It overcharged me! Aak!

Attachment 38935

I appreciate you taking the time to work all this out, Bryan. I'm really liking this app and I look forward to the upcoming features. Thanks so much!
    Last edited by Elizabeth1129; 03/07/2010 at 08:21 PM.
    It's too easy to get into edit mode. I find myself popping up the edit screen when I'm just trying to hit the check box. Please add an option to make an edit deliberate.

Past, love the program but definitely not thrilled I have to lose my data to upgrade.

EK
    I am not upset at loss of data because the price of app offsets and compensates me for my troubles. I love having a direct line to the developer, and looking back over the decades we used to get this kind of software for $30 bucks, and now we get it for $1.99.

What is better than a $3.00 happy meal? A $1.99 mojo app :-)
  19.    #439  
    Quote Originally Posted by Elizabeth1129 View Post
    Attachment 38932

Here it shows items I manually added, but the notes don't line up properly. The top 3 notes line up under the item name, but the bottom 2 indent to the far left. It's not because of too many characters, as "double box" has less letters than "French Roast"

Yes, that's it. Example -- Attachment 38933

Yes, that's doable, but from the 'Aisles' screen. As the shots above and below show, once you get to the Item screen the Aisle name is somehow changed to the Item name and there's no way to change it, even in the Default Store, as shown here. (Sorry. )

Attachment 38934

And, I'm afraid that I found another bug. Stopped at the store last night and tried out the app, and found the math didn't work right for me. It overcharged me! Aak!

Attachment 38935

I appreciate you taking the time to work all this out, Bryan. I'm really liking this app and I look forward to the upcoming features. Thanks so much!
    Thank you for getting back to me Elizabeth.

I see what's going on with the notes and will get that fixed.

I have fixed the issue with the aisle name getting set as the item name. This should get updated in the App Catalog some time next week.

As far as the new bug, that is bizarre. I tried recreating the bug on my end but couldn't do it. Could you tell me exactly what you entered for each of those items?

Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Kerek View Post
    It's too easy to get into edit mode. I find myself popping up the edit screen when I'm just trying to hit the check box. Please add an option to make an edit deliberate.

Past, love the program but definitely not thrilled I have to lose my data to upgrade.

EK
    Hi there,

I have making the checkbox area a little bigger on the to do list and will make sure to get that in the next update.

I can assist you with extracting your data from the beta app into a spreadsheet so you don't have to write everything down. If you would like me to do this, then send me a private message and I can direct you further.

I am not upset at loss of data because the price of app offsets and compensates me for my troubles. I love having a direct line to the developer, and looking back over the decades we used to get this kind of software for $30 bucks, and now we get it for $1.99.

What is better than a $3.00 happy meal? A $1.99 mojo app :-)
    Thank you!
    Global Posts
    876 Global Posts
    I was a happy user of (the homebrew) shopping list as well, until it timed out and I, as a European Pre owner, am left in the cold....

Is there a way for us Europeans to buy it outside of the app catalog and then install it through quick install for exemple. Or maybe you can have the beta app work a bit longer until we have paid apps???