Page 21 of 31 FirstFirst ... 111617181920212223242526 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Grats on the app catalog! Even though there isn't an easy web based database yet, I have purchased this app because it has a ton of potential.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    A long, strange trip but one worth making. Just bought the app and can hardly wait to go shopping!

I think I made the suggestion a while back about a toggle to turn sales tax on and off for an entire list. I think that would be helpful. Also, if the system would automatically add in the deposit on bottles and cans (after it was manually entered), that would be a great addition, too.

Thanks for all your efforts!
  3.    #403  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfong8888 View Post
    I too would hate to lose my data. Can you give me step by step instructions on how to extract my old data? And also some help to buy from the app catalog. I am in Canada, maybe that has something to do about the confusion.
    Hi,

The problem is that paid apps aren't available in Canada yet. However, I will be releasing a free version of Shopping List sometime soon.

Can you send me a private message telling me that you need help extracting your data - that way I can keep track of who needs help better.

Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    A long, strange trip but one worth making. Just bought the app and can hardly wait to go shopping!

I think I made the suggestion a while back about a toggle to turn sales tax on and off for an entire list. I think that would be helpful. Also, if the system would automatically add in the deposit on bottles and cans (after it was manually entered), that would be a great addition, too.

Thanks for all your efforts!
    Toggling sales tax for an entire list is definitely in the works. Could you explain what you mean by adding a deposit for bottles and cans?
    Global Posts
    48 Global Posts
    I just made my first app catalog purchase as promised!! Thanks for all your efforts I love this app!!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Hi. Bought the app last night. (have to go back and rate it, my bad...)

Feature questions/requests -

Will you be implementing secondary sorting? I'd like my items to be sorted alphabetically when I'm viewing by aisle...

Also, I believe in the past there was mention of (text) searching or filtering. Is this in the works?

Oh, and I noticed that when I go to add items manually, it still pulls up template data/list items.

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    179 Global Posts
    I was following this thread with anticipation (since I havent installed any patches or homebrew apps) and I purchased last night Much better app then the other list app I was using - Thanks!
  7.    #407  
    Quote Originally Posted by JerryG View Post
    Hi. Bought the app last night. (have to go back and rate it, my bad...)

Feature questions/requests -

Will you be implementing secondary sorting? I'd like my items to be sorted alphabetically when I'm viewing by aisle...

Also, I believe in the past there was mention of (text) searching or filtering. Is this in the works?

Oh, and I noticed that when I go to add items manually, it still pulls up template data/list items.

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Hi Jerry,

Thanks!

Yes, secondary sorting and filtering are in the works for the next version. What you mean when you go to add items manually it still pulls up template data/list items?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Hi Jerry,

Thanks!

Yes, secondary sorting and filtering are in the works for the next version. What you mean when you go to add items manually it still pulls up template data/list items?
    Bryan,

Great! Can't wait for the next release...

Here's a screenshot (attached). I'd think that list wouldn't come up when adding manually.

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  9.    #409  
    Bryan,

Great! Can't wait for the next release...

Here's a screenshot (attached). I'd think that list wouldn't come up when adding manually.

Thanks and regards,
    -JerryG
    Yeah, the auto-suggest items pop up when adding items manually. It helps you add items faster. Is this a feature you would want to control via the preferences?
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Ah... auto-suggest. I thought that was from the template system (which I've not looked at). Yes, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to be able to turn that off or on.

Looks like I'm gonna have to read the help file!

Thanks,
    -JerryG
  11.    #411  
    Ah... auto-suggest. I thought that was from the template system (which I've not looked at). Yes, if it's not too much trouble, I'd like to be able to turn that off or on.

Looks like I'm gonna have to read the help file!

Thanks,
    -JerryG
    Sorry about that. Yes, when you enter items manually, you're shown similar item names to help you add items easier. These auto-suggested items are coming from your stores.

In the next version, I will add a preference to toggle auto-suggesting.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Sorry about that. Yes, when you enter items manually, you're shown similar item names to help you add items easier. These auto-suggested items are coming from your stores.

In the next version, I will add a preference to toggle auto-suggesting.
    Nothing to be sorry for! Thanks much!

Cheers,
    -JerryG

PS - you must have a bell going off somewhere nearby, when this thread is updated...
    I too would hate to lose my data. Can you give me step by step instructions on how to extract my old data? And also some help to buy from the app catalog. I am in Canada, maybe that has something to do about the confusion.
  14.    #414  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gfong8888 View Post
    Hi,

The problem is that paid apps aren't available in Canada yet. However, I will be releasing a free version of Shopping List sometime soon.

Can you send me a private message telling me that you need help extracting your data - that way I can keep track of who needs help better.
    I've been using the app since I stumbled upon it in homebrew and purchased it last night.

After reading a bunch of posts from this forum, I realized I'm not using Shopping List to anything close to its potential (with aisles, prices, tax, etc.). I'm happy with it as a glorified list keeper with different categories (e.g., groceries, wine, DVDs, books, etc.) so I can enter things I need/want to buy and remove them once I've purchased them.

Love the intuitive GUI and definitely plan to take advantage of all the features I don't currently use. It's a great app!
    Congrats! I have been following this forum for a while and all I can say is thank you for all the hard work..... and I also just made my first app catalog purchase.
    I'm considering a purchase. Sorry I haven't read this whole thread and could have missed this, but could you tell me whether the data is written to the media partition, making backup possible? Otherwise, we'd have a potential for data loss whenever the phone is erased or replaced.
  18.    #418  
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Grace View Post
    I'm considering a purchase. Sorry I haven't read this whole thread and could have missed this, but could you tell me whether the data is written to the media partition, making backup possible? Otherwise, we'd have a potential for data loss whenever the phone is erased or replaced.
    Hi,

Yes, data is written to the media partition of the device.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Hi,

Yes, data is written to the media partition of the device.
    Is this one of the things that teh Palm Profile backs up now? I ask because even if it is saved to the media portion, it is still susceptable to deletion if someone is forced to use webdoc to fix thier phone. This is where that web based database would be extremely helpful.
    I too have been enjoying the Beta version of this app. I bought the app catalog version today and gave the app 5 stars.

I was a little bummed that my old database would not work in the app catalog version but when I started thinking about it, I decided that it was not that big of deal to make new lists.

I do have a suggestion for you though. It would be great if we could import and export lists to a Google Documents spreadsheet. I know there is an API for that function because there are several apps that are using it such as Checkbook and Fuel. The backup and restore function would make this app perfect.

TIA
    Pilot 1000 -> Pilot 5000 ->Palm Pilot Professional -> HP 620LX -> TRG Pro -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Palm i705 -> Palm Tungsten|T -> Samsung i500 -> Treo 600->Treo 650 -> Treo 600-> Treo 700p ->Centro ->Treo 800w + Redfly C8n -> Palm Pre -> HP Touchpad
    R.I.P Palm 1996-2011