Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920212223242530 ... LastLast
  1.    #381  
    I just wanted to let everyone know that today Palm told me I could not use MojoShopper as my app name. The reason behind this is that Palm has a trademark on the name "Mojo." Using "Mojo" in the app name could potentially confuse people into thinking that Palm made the app.

The plan is to just keep Shopping List as the app name for now. I don't have the time to come up with a new name. I will continue to upload all beta builds of Shopping List for everyone to test.

I also wanted to let everyone know that I created two new threads in this forum:
    1. Mojo Apps Support
    2. Shopping List - Feature Requests

Continue to post any ideas, questions, or feedback within in this thread.

If you have any problems feel free to leave them here but you can also use our support site.

If you have any feature requests for Shopping List, then you can post them in the Shopping List - Feature Requests thread.

Sorry for all the confusion.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    You should name it "Shop Easy" or "Grocery go-getter". Or..."The Wife's to-do list"! Wifes hit list sounds good to to be honest lol.
  3.    #383  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    You should name it "Shop Easy" or "Grocery go-getter". Or..."The Wife's to-do list"! Wifes hit list sounds good to to be honest lol.
    LOL

I can't really name it "Shop Easy" since there's an app in the App Catalog already called "easyShop."
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    LOL

I can't really name it "Shop Easy" since there's an app in the App Catalog already called "easyShop."
    Hmm bummer. Well Shopping List works and easily identifies the app anyway. You should hold a naming contest and grant the winner a free copy for life.
  5.    #385  
    Quote Originally Posted by dragbug View Post
    Hmm bummer. Well Shopping List works and easily identifies the app anyway. You should hold a naming contest and grant the winner a free copy for life.
    That's not a bad idea at all. I'll have to think about it but that's plausible. You're right, the name identifies the app easily so people won't have trouble finding the app they're looking for.
    Problems are stacking up and I'm afraid I'll lose my lists since I can't view them:

I have lists loaded in v0.2.81 that I cannot view and write down because Shopping List v0.2.81 has Expired and it won't run. (Expired: We are sorry but this version has expired. Please visit the App Catalog to get the latest release. OK)

Attempted Load/Update to current version using App Catalog is to no avail. It does not appear in the app catalog in the "S" lettergroup. And from the bag icon in the lower right corner, I click and it just sits there and does nothing. It's update tab doesn't show the app at all.

Attempted updates to current version via Preload fail with "FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE". I've delete lots of stuff and still this problem.

The last/final free version Expires forever on 12/13/2009

How do I safeguard/backup/view my lists so I can manually write them on paper and delete the whole electronic mess and start over without losing the list contents?

Thanks.
  7.    #387  
    Quote Originally Posted by KCjoe View Post
    Problems are stacking up and I'm afraid I'll lose my lists since I can't view them:

I have lists loaded in v0.2.81 that I cannot view and write down because Shopping List v0.2.81 has Expired and it won't run. (Expired: We are sorry but this version has expired. Please visit the App Catalog to get the latest release. OK)

Attempted Load/Update to current version using App Catalog is to no avail. It does not appear in the app catalog in the "S" lettergroup. And from the bag icon in the lower right corner, I click and it just sits there and does nothing. It's update tab doesn't show the app at all.

Attempted updates to current version via Preload fail with "FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE". I've delete lots of stuff and still this problem.

The last/final free version Expires forever on 12/13/2009

How do I safeguard/backup/view my lists so I can manually write them on paper and delete the whole electronic mess and start over without losing the list contents?

Thanks.
    Hi there,

Have you updated to v0.3.2? I will be pushing out a beta version of the app under homebrew to extend the expiration date.

Try updating to the most current version and let m know if this solves your problem.
    Thanks Bryan, but I can't get updated beyond my current 0.2.81.

These are the two methods I've tried:

APP CATALOG: Attempted Load/Update to current version using App Catalog is to no avail. It does not appear in the app catalog in the "S" lettergroup. And once I'm inside the bag icon in the lower right corner, I click the app button and it just sits there and does nothing. It's update tab doesn't show the app at all.

PRELOAD: Attempted updates to current version via Preload fail with "FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE". I've delete lots of stuff and still this problem.

Is there another way?
    I like Shopping List. It describes it perfectly.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    You can use Preware or WebOSQuickInstall. I'd add the links but it's not easy from the train...

HTH,
    -JerryG

APP CATALOG: Attempted Load/Update to current version using App Catalog is to no avail. It does not appear in the app catalog in the "S" lettergroup. And once I'm inside the bag icon in the lower right corner, I click the app button and it just sits there and does nothing. It's update tab doesn't show the app at all.

PRELOAD: Attempted updates to current version via Preload fail with "FAILED_NOT_ENOUGH_INSTALL_SPACE". I've delete lots of stuff and still this problem.

Is there another way?
    I'll search for more on those methods. I thought they required Rooting (which I refuse to do) or Tweaking (which I also won't do). But maybe I misunderstood those methods, so I'll check.
    Thanks.
  12.    #392  

It's not in the App Catalog yet. I should be tomorrow. However, when you download the App Catalog version, you won't be able to keep your data since you will have to uninstall the beta version first.

Is there another way?
    You might want to try using another method like FileCoaster, Preware, or WebOSQuickInstall.

Let me know if you are still having problems.
    Bryan, I'm okay now. I had removed Filecoaster a while back because I always used Preload. So today I followed the instructs to set up WebOSQuickInstall and used that. It worked fine (when I finally did my part correctly.) Now Shopping List works again. I'll make a paper backup before I buy the paid version. Thanks much!
  14.    #394  
    I am pleased to announce that Shopping List has hit the App Catalog! It has been a long journey. Thank you all who have contributed to making Shopping List better. I will continue to update Shopping List to make it even better!
    I am pleased to announce that I just made my first app catalog purchase! Congratulations Mojo!!

/Kevin
    congrats!! ....and ordered!!
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    I jumped right to my phone to buy it.....but it says 'update available' instead of 'tap to purchase'. I don't want to cheat you out of money, because you REALLY deserve it and more. What should I do?

DUH moment. I guess I need to delete the beta version to download the catalog version.
    Last edited by schaplin; 12/09/2009 at 07:46 PM. Reason: Duh moment
    Congrats!! I would keep the name as Shopping List since it is simple, descriptive and to the point. My wife and I both just purchased it and are checking it out. Thanks for the great app.
  19.    #399  
    As you may know, you can't keep your data when upgrading to the App Catalog version of Shopping List. Sorry about this.

However, if you haven't already purchased the App Catalog version, I can extract your data to a spreadsheet to make re-entering your data easier. If you would like me to do this for you, send me a private message and I will be in contact with you with further instructions.
    I too would hate to lose my data. Can you give me step by step instructions on how to extract my old data? And also some help to buy from the app catalog. I am in Canada, maybe that has something to do about the confusion.