Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast
    This is a great start. Is there anyway to hide the tax/total cost section so we could see more of the list or make the spacing of each item a little smaller so we can se more of the list at once. Right now you can only see 3 or 4 items at a time. I would rather see more of the list.

Keep up the good work
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    So I am having trouble with the app. When I try to "add item" I get the following error msg:

"An error ocurred: TypeError: Cannot call method 'toString' of null"

How can I fix this?
    I tried removing it and install it again and keeps coming up.
  3.    #23  
    Hey everyone,

Thanks for your feedback. I'm sorry about the bug when adding an item with no price. I will be fixing this bug and getting the fixed version of this app out sometime later today.

Stay posted.

Thanks
    Same problem like everyone else! Looks like a great app thought. Just needs some bug fixes. Also the tax here in LA california is 9.75% you might want to include up to 10% and go by quarters. Thanks for making this app. I was previoulsy using tasks for a shopping list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cid9 View Post
    Same problem like everyone else! Looks like a great app thought. Just needs some bug fixes. Also the tax here in LA california is 9.75% you might want to include up to 10% and go by quarters. Thanks for making this app. I was previoulsy using tasks for a shopping list.
    It may just be easier/better to just make the field manually editable. That way if the tax is increased above 10% no special update needs to be made.
    Palm III > Palm IIIC > Handera 330 > Kyocera 6035 & Sony NR70V > Treo 600 > Treo650 & Palm LifeDrive > Modded LifeDrive w/16gig CF > Palm Pre
    I was trying to play around with it as it is very similar to a program I used to use on my older Palm PDA called HandyShopper, hopefully a new version will be out soon.....

Nice work so far..

Mike
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    I was waiting for this. Very nice, but I am getting the error also.
    Right, i'm also getting the same error everyone else is. I also have the same suggestion as everyone else, which is to have the option to remove the sales tax portion all together. If these two things are fixed, it will be a great app.
    Have not installed yet, I guess I'll figure out the answer, but cal the lists created be emailed between individuals. I have a family of pre users and it would be useful to send this via email to update their list and have them pick items up at the store.
    same error
  11.    #31  
    Hi everyone,

You can now download the new version (v0.1.1) of Shopping List. Thanks again for letting me know about the bugs in v0.1.0. Also, let me know what you would like to see in future versions of this app. Many of you have already done so, and thank you!

Enjoy.
    Can you add the ability to edit an item within a list after it has been added? Maybe double tap or shift click on an item to edit it. I want to be able to add a price later or whatever.

P.s. The sales tax info is not remembered after the app is closed and reopened
    Last edited by TechFirstAid; 08/02/2009 at 09:35 PM.
    Global Posts
    248 Global Posts
    Thanks. Initial evaluation of 0.1.1 is very good.

I hope, that like a good programmer, you build a solid foundation working on functionality before adding features.
    Global Posts
    169 Global Posts
    THANKS!!! Now I have NO ISSUES WITH IT!!!
  15. tuz
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    yay, it works! Thanks for a great app! I would also like to see the ability to free up space by getting rid of the price at the bottom (i'll never use it) and also for an option to have an item to disappear when I check it off.
    The new version Works great, love it. One comment, is it possible to input the sale tax info, then have it disappear from the screen that way its more viewable space ? Thanks
    Remember, this is my opinion ! We all have a right to our own.....

Treo's 650-800..NOW,
    Palm Pre
    New version is working w/o the errors. Are you open for suggestions? If so, one thing I think would be to hide the cost and basically just have a list...most of the items I need or are purchasing, I dont know the price, and i have to get it, just needed a list w/o prices. Maybe make each list configurable?

I am working on the SDK myself, it is just not clicking for me quite yet.....
    Great ap! Would love to see Aisle number and Quantity features added at a later date.
    Many thanks!
    Great Thanks
    I can think of 2 things that would make a shopping list application unbelievably cool:
    1. Link to recipe websites. Allow users to select recipes to cook, and then automatically populate the list with the necessary ingredients. Or also allow users to enter their own recipes and ingredient lists. Could also allow users to keep an inventory of what they have so that they know what needs to be purchased vs. what is already on hand, but that might be getting too complicated.

2. Link to grocery websites. Wegman's (when I lived close to one, and boy do I wish I still lived close to one) has an awesome grocery list making application on their website that even gives you the aisle to find particular items in. So you print out a list and you know exactly where to go. Getting that kind of information in your application would be awesome, especially if the price were also available.

Just a few ideas. Your application is great, btw.
    Palm III-->Handspring Visor-->Sony Clie PEG-NR70-->no PDA -->Palm Treo 755p-->Palm Pre-->HP Veer
Page 2 of 31 FirstFirst 123456712 ... LastLast