Page 19 of 31 FirstFirst ... 9141516171819202122232429 ... LastLast
Results 361 to 380 of 604
  1.    #361  
    New Version:
    v0.3.0 [12/2/2009] This version expires December 13, 2009

    Final Release At Homebrew
    • Added coupons for items
    • Added stores
    • Added a default store that comes pre-loaded with 600+ items to choose from. This will help in creating lists.
    • Optimized list loading
    • Changed 'cart' to 'have' under lists
    • Organized sorting menus
    • A slew of other additions...


    This is the final release at Homebrew. I think Shopping List is at a good point to be released to the App Catalog (I know I've said this before). I have come to the conclusion that I will rename Shopping List to MojoShopper when submitting it to the App Catalog. Another thing to note is that once it hits the App Catalog, you won't be able to import your old data from the Homebrew version. Sorry about this . I will be submitting to Palm later today. If I left out any feature, please let me know in this thread or at Mojo Apps support website. Once in the App Catalog, I will be able to submit updates to the app with new features over time.

    Thank you everyone for your ideas, recommendations, and feedback. It has really helped! I will continue to work on this app and improve it over time.
  2. #362  
    Dang. No luck on incorporating a basic import function, huh? Oh, well. Congrats on the final version.
  3.    #363  
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Dang. No luck on incorporating a basic import function, huh? Oh, well. Congrats on the final version.
    Hey RCJH,

    Sorry that this hasn't been implemented yet. I'm going to continue working on this app, don't get me wrong .

    I will be developing a website, mojoshopper.com, that will allow users to manage their shopping lists online. You will also be able to sync your lists. As far as a time-line on when this web app will be finished, I would say about a month. This is the next big feature I have planned.
  4. #364  
    It seems that in this last release, if I have tax turned on in an item, the calculated price it shows in the list is ONLY the tax (i.e. a $2.00 item with 8.25% tax shows $0.17). If tax is turned off, item show normal amount ($2.00).

    Its a minor issue, but...
  5. schaplin's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #365  
    Quote Originally Posted by rboyd11310 View Post
    It seems that in this last release, if I have tax turned on in an item, the calculated price it shows in the list is ONLY the tax (i.e. a $2.00 item with 8.25% tax shows $0.17). If tax is turned off, item show normal amount ($2.00).

    Its a minor issue, but...
    I was just about to post about this too. Another thing I did notice is that one sales tax is toggled on, you can't toggle it off. Wonderful job on all the new features. Still have to play with it some more. I will let you know if I find anything else.

    I like love all the stuff in your default store. I have a suggestion to make it even better. It would be wonderful if we could pick an item in the default store and then copy/transfer that item into a store we are setting up and then change the aisle to match the new store. It would save a lot of time. Or set it up so as we are adding to items to our shopping list, we could pick which store list we would like it to be saved to and then all the info would be under the store the next time we make a list.
    Last edited by schaplin; 12/03/2009 at 07:39 AM. Reason: Add some things
  6.    #366  
    New Version:
    v0.3.1 [12/3/2009] This version expires December 13, 2009

    Final Release At Homebrew
    • Fixed glitch with sales tax


    Thanks to rboyd11310 and schaplin for finding the sales tax glitch I overlooked.
  7. #367  
    Thanks for the fix. everything looks great, and the app has come a long way in a short time.

    Ready for the next bug? Ok, this may be only happening to me, but I keep a list of Needed Now items, one-offs that I only get once. After I check them off the list, they move to the "Have" side. However, since I don't need these items to reset on the list, I usually swipe them to delete them from the Have list. When I do that, they disappear like they should, but the total amount ($) doesn't change, and when I switch back to "need" then back to "have," the deleted items are back in the list. It seems to delete them in appearance, but not in actuality.

    Keep up the good work, looking forward to getting this from the app catalog!
  8. #368  
    This seems to only affect the "Have" side of the list. Items delete off the "Need" side just fine.
  9.    #369  
    New Version:
    v0.3.2 [12/3/2009] This version expires December 13, 2009

    Final Release At Homebrew
    • Items in your 'Have' list can now be deleted
    • Items in your 'Have' list can now be edited


    Let's try this again - third time's a charm. Thanks to rboyd11310 for his quick discovery of two bugs!
  10. #370  
    Perfect! Terrific! Wonderful! Get this into the app catalog so I can buy it and not feel so guilty for monopolizing your time!
  11. schaplin's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #371  
    I found another. I'm sorry I have set up my categories (i do it by aisle number) in my grocery store. After I input items under the category and I back swipe to go back the category list it is no longer in alpha/numberical order. I have to resort them everytime.

    When I updated to the latest version, I lost the new 'Store' I had set up.

    I can't wait for the app to hit the catalog too
    Last edited by schaplin; 12/03/2009 at 12:05 PM.
  12. #372  
    Will the mojoshopper.com web site allow my wife & I to sync both of our phones to the same shopping lists? I am hoping that this will be the case so that my wife can update the list with something that we need from the store and I will see it on my phone (after syncing). Of course the opposite should also be true. This feature would be extremely useful to every couple that has two web-os phones loaded with mojoshopper.
  13.    #373  
    Quote Originally Posted by schaplin View Post
    I found another. I'm sorry I have set up my categories (i do it by aisle number) in my grocery store. After I input items under the category and I back swipe to go back the category list it is no longer in alpha/numberical order. I have to resort them everytime.

    When I updated to the latest version, I lost the new 'Store' I had set up.

    I can't wait for the app to hit the catalog too
    Sorry about you losing the new store you had set up. I am working on polishing a new version to release soon that will fix the sorting bug you found as well as import your existing data into the new version.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackdf View Post
    Will the mojoshopper.com web site allow my wife & I to sync both of our phones to the same shopping lists? I am hoping that this will be the case so that my wife can update the list with something that we need from the store and I will see it on my phone (after syncing). Of course the opposite should also be true. This feature would be extremely useful to every couple that has two web-os phones loaded with mojoshopper.
    You bet! This is my next big feature for the app, so it has high priority.
  14.    #374  
    Just submitted MojoShopper (previously Shopping List) to the App Catalog, again. Hopefully it won't take too long to get added.
  15. schaplin's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #375  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Sorry about you losing the new store you had set up. I am working on polishing a new version to release soon that will fix the sorting bug you found as well as import your existing data into the new version.

    You bet! This is my next big feature for the app, so it has high priority.
    It's not a biggie. I was really just playing around with it. It would take way too long to completely set it up in one shot. I'm going to build it each week as I shop. I can't wait to see the website.

    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Just submitted MojoShopper (previously Shopping List) to the App Catalog, again. Hopefully it won't take too long to get added.
    I'm sure it will make it in the catalog. I tried out the 3 other shopping programs they have in the catalog and they still don't hold a candle to yours, although I'm probably really biased by now.
  16. #376  
    Mojo, I've noticed some weird stuff going on with the sorting, at least within the stores themselves. For example, I made a new store called (surprise, surprise), 'Wal*Mart'. Then I started making aisles, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. all the way up to 16. Even though it was set to sort by name, they weren't in logical numerical order. I tapped 'Sort' and tapped 'Name' and it sorted them properly, but from high to low (16, 15, 14 ...). I tapped Sort and Name again, and then it went from 0-16 like I wanted.

    But then when I went into one of the aisles and added some items, and then swiped back to the list of all the aisles... they were mis-sorted again. I keep having to tape Sort | Name twice in order to get them sorted properly.

    In fact, I don't even have to go into an aisle. If I have them sorted from 0-16, and then swipe back to the list of stores and go back into the 'Wal*Mart' store, the aisles are sorted improperly.

    Not sure if this carries over into other areas of the app or if it's just in the store aisles, but I'll find out shortly.

    /Kevin
  17. #377  
    Feature request: When I'm making a list (and checking it twice; sorry, couldn't resist) and adding items from a store, I'd like to see all the items on one long list, without having to into each aisle and select items. I want them sorted by aisle (or at least have the option to sort them by aisle) but I don't want to have to go into each aisle, select items, go back, go into the next aisle, select items, etc.

    Hope that makes sense.

    Clarification: Basically, when I'm selecting items, I want the list of items to look exactly like my shopping list itself does; all the items listed, with the aisle name/number as the separator.

    Also, about the sorting: when I was selecting items from the store, I tapped 'Wal*Mart' and eveything was sorted wrong. Very weird. I keep having to sort them myself even though it says it's sorting by name.

    /Kevin
  18. #378  
    When you edit an item on a list, and you tap on the quantity field, is there anyway to have it highlight the current quantity so you can just type over it without having to backspace it out?

    The default is '1', so if it highlighted the '1' I could just type '2' instead of backspacing the '1' out and then putting in the '2'. The only time it would be useful to leave the default number there would be if I wanted between 10 and 19 of a single item (or 100+), which is pretty unlikely. So if it's possible to have it just highlight the number so we can type over it, that would be great!

    /Kevin
    Last edited by commonplace; 12/06/2009 at 01:04 PM. Reason: typo
  19.    #379  
    Thanks a lot Kevin for all of your feedback! Below, I went ahead and answered your questions:

    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Mojo, I've noticed some weird stuff going on with the sorting, at least within the stores themselves. For example, I made a new store called (surprise, surprise), 'Wal*Mart'. Then I started making aisles, 0, 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. all the way up to 16. Even though it was set to sort by name, they weren't in logical numerical order. I tapped 'Sort' and tapped 'Name' and it sorted them properly, but from high to low (16, 15, 14 ...). I tapped Sort and Name again, and then it went from 0-16 like I wanted.

    But then when I went into one of the aisles and added some items, and then swiped back to the list of all the aisles... they were mis-sorted again. I keep having to tape Sort | Name twice in order to get them sorted properly.

    In fact, I don't even have to go into an aisle. If I have them sorted from 0-16, and then swipe back to the list of stores and go back into the 'Wal*Mart' store, the aisles are sorted improperly.

    Not sure if this carries over into other areas of the app or if it's just in the store aisles, but I'll find out shortly.

    /Kevin
    Yes, I noticed that the sorting was messed up within aisles and aisle items. I fixed this before I submitted to Palm.

    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Feature request: When I'm making a list (and checking it twice; sorry, couldn't resist) and adding items from a store, I'd like to see all the items on one long list, without having to into each aisle and select items. I want them sorted by aisle (or at least have the option to sort them by aisle) but I don't want to have to go into each aisle, select items, go back, go into the next aisle, select items, etc.

    Hope that makes sense.

    Clarification: Basically, when I'm selecting items, I want the list of items to look exactly like my shopping list itself does; all the items listed, with the aisle name/number as the separator.

    Also, about the sorting: when I was selecting items from the store, I tapped 'Wal*Mart' and eveything was sorted wrong. Very weird. I keep having to sort them myself even though it says it's sorting by name.

    /Kevin
    Thanks for pointing this out. I can make an "All Aisles" option that way you don't have to go through each aisle when choosing items. This should be an easy addition.

    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    When you edit an item on a list, and you tap on the quantity field, is there anyway to have it highlight the current quantity so you can just type over it without having to backspace it out?

    The default is '1', so if it highlighted the '1' I could just type '2' instead of backspacing the '1' out and then putting in the '2'. The only time it would be useful to leave the default number there would be if I wanted between 10 and 19 of a single item (or 100+), which is pretty unlikely. So if it's possible to have it just highlight the number so we can type over it, that would be great!

    /Kevin
    Thanks for noticing this! This will be an easy fix.

    Everyone:
    As you all may know, I submitted MojoShopper (previously Shopping List) to the App Catalog on Friday (12/4). Hopefully, it will be in there some time this week. Once, in the App Catalog, I will be submitting updates to handle all the new features and suggestions that you guys might have.
  20. dragbug's Avatar
    Posts
    342 Posts
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    #380  
    This app is shaping up very nicely! I am just holding out for the ability to have web access for this and then I am in. Keep up the great work!

Posting Permissions