Page 13 of 31 FirstFirst ... 38910111213141516171823 ... LastLast
Results 241 to 260 of 604
  1.    #241  
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    I used the note option in handyshopper to provide more information that I would need when buying an item, but didn't want to make the list item itself a real long description. For example, every year or so I buy "Deck Stripper" for my deck. In the notes, I might put brand/color/quantity or where I bought it. I also use notes to keep track of pricing at different stores, so I can price shop when I'm at different stores. On that note, another nice "HS" option was...;-)

    7) A price comparison calculator (HS calls it "Best Buy"). Basically a single screen where you plug in the total price and "# of units" for the same item, but in two different quantities. The calculator will then tell you which one is cheaper (per unit) on the fly. Good for knowing just how good of deal that "jumbo" pack is (or if it's in fact cheaper at all). This might be too sophisticated to include - at least for now ;-).

    8) Move/copy items between lists.

    9) I Don't know what it's called, but provide a "drop drown" or spinner list for selecting the quantity and isle so you don't have to type it in (minor thing).

    10) Think I've seen this one mentioned before too, but I would also REALLY like to see an option to send a list to SMS (so I can quickly tell the honey what to pick up at the store). In your previous version, I could work around this by sending the list to email, then copy/past into an SMS. The new format won't allow for that??? Also, in the new version, you can't send Cart items to an email (not sure if this worked in the previous version?). Both options are useful.

    I know you're resisting "send to SMS" due to character restrictions, but there should be some way to make it work. Maybe a "send to clipboard" option (possible?), or someway to copy items? Obviously, the less information the better for SMS (no headers or parenthesis for quantity). The SMS utility might even split it into two messages if it's 160+ characters?

    Thanks for your responsiveness!
    7) Definitely a good idea. People have wanted a feature to compare to items and break them down. Added to the todo list.

    8) Nice feature. There's a little of this already happening in the app. When you specify a template list when creating a list, the items from the template are copied to the new list. Added to the todo list.

    9) The reason the aisle is a text field is because people like to enter "Dairy" or "Frozen Goods" for aisles. I left the quantity field a text field because people might get 0.5 of something. I might add this to the preferences so people can turn this off and on.

    10) SMS has become an option and will be released today in v0.2.7.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crewser View Post
    Got a suggestion for a feature, wonder if anyone else would find this useful...

    When i get ready to go to the grocery store, my wife and I sit down and make a menu for the week... Now if I could make a list of items needed for a particular meal (which i know i can) that's great, because it tells me how much i'm spending on that particular meal.

    What i'm looking to do is make a list from those lists... so "create a shopping list from..." option where i could drag or tap the meals and it would build my shopping list.

    The other trick would be getting the individual items with their Isle, price and other info into the "Menu" lists, but i dont mind spending some time at the grocery store building those manually.

    The end result would be a huge time saver. What do you want this week for dinner? Tap Spaghetti, Roast Beef Dinner, "Easy Chop" dinner, MeatLoaf and Tacos. tap Walmart. Boom, List of everything i need to buy

    Am I dreaming? maybe. But man that would make the app the best shopping cart EVER in the WHOLE WORLD!

    Whatcha think?
    Wow, this a very neat idea! This already semi-exists in the current app. You can select a template list to copy its items over to the list you are creating. What if I allowed people to select multiple template lists when creating a new list? You could name your template lists the names of meals in this case. Let me know if this makes sense and if I'm the right page with you.
  2.    #242  
    Released a new version to fix some bugs and added the option to SMS lists:

    v0.2.7
    • Fixed a bug with template lists not updating
    • Fixed a bug with email list not showing correct quantity
    • Added option to SMS lists
  3. #243  
    Just wanted to say the last version I got finally dinged with me - I'll be buying this when you hit the app store. The list/cart feature was the one thing I wanted - I had a large list a few weeks ago and it was murder trying to get the unchecked items to the top (I even managed to miss an item).

    What I'd really like to see is a way for these apps to be updated from a web site or something and stay in sync, ala Synergy. It would be nice for the wife to be able to update my list while she's at home and I'm at the store.

    Thanks for a great app!
    EK
  4. #244  
    Wish list item:

    Option to show the counts on the front for unchecked items. Because we jump between Costco, Walmart & Kroger, I don't do them by store, I do them by item type. So it would be nice to look at the list and see lists that aren't finished yet.

    I guess if you get support for an item being on mulitple lists this issue will go away. Even then I like the idea of the count only be unchecked items.

    Just my .02.
    EK
  5. #245  
    Just downloaded the new version but haven't played with it yet.

    I did however read the Help file!

    I got confused by one thing. I think the terms: list and cart should be reversed.

    In my mind, something in my 'cart' is something that I'm about to purchase as in things in the shopping cart while you are getting in line to checkout.

    A list is something I take to the store to use to pick things out to put into my cart.

    If I unless misread your help instructions you have it as the cart being the list?

    Please let me know if I am misreading the instructions.

    Rob
  6. Obijuan's Avatar
    Posts
    22 Posts
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    #246  
    Mojo, this is a suggestion I asked 08/01/2009. You commented on this tread also. Could this be possible?



    I was thinking of an easy way to get all your grocery list in one app. My suggestion is for someone to create an application that you can add all the ingredients you need for your grocery shopping and associate those to meals you prepare. For example:

    You are going to make for this week pesto sauce, filet mignon, Grill chicken tacos for this week.

    Select Pesto sauce: the app will know you need basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, pine nuts (This is after, of course, you tell the app those are the ingredients for that meal). It will automatically add those to your grocery list.

    Select Filet Mignon: the app will know that you need the filet, A1 sauce, garlic, olive oil. In this case the app will know that you already have olive oil on you list since you already have that as ingredient for the pesto sauce so it will mark it as +2 (Since two meals require that item). So it will add only new items to your list.

    Chicken tacos: You add tortillas, chicken, olive oil, garlic, cheese, tomatoes, etc. The app will know that you have three items that use olive oil so it will mark that item as +3 on the list just to indicate you have three meals using that item. In this case it would also mark garlic +2 since two meals require that ingredient. All the other ingredients get added to the list since no other meal require the item.

    You can create your meals on the app and add ingredients then you just add the meals you want to make that week on your list and the app will auto create the ingredients for you. Also you can create different categories as Bathroom, Yard, Baby, etc. and add the items you need for those categories into your list. Of course you need to be able to swipe them off your list so you don't get 25 rolls of toilet paper into your list.


    What you think? Maybe is out there but it was worth the shot. I wish I know how to make app.

    Thanks.
  7. #247  
    One thing I noticed today is that my aisles didn't sort the way I expected them to. My aisles are 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. all the way through 16. When I sorted by aisle (asc.), it went like this:

    1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

    I understand exactly why it did that, but it's not what I want it to do. Can that be fixed? Do I need to do the aisles as 01, 02, 03, etc. instead?

    Also, is there a way to edit fields when they're in the cart? For example, I have spaghetti sauce in my cart and notice that the price has changed from $2.20 to $2.10 -- can I change that on the fly?

    /Kevin
  8. #248  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    One thing I noticed today is that my aisles didn't sort the way I expected them to. My aisles are 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. all the way through 16. When I sorted by aisle (asc.), it went like this:

    1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

    I understand exactly why it did that, but it's not what I want it to do. Can that be fixed? Do I need to do the aisles as 01, 02, 03, etc. instead?

    Also, is there a way to edit fields when they're in the cart? For example, I have spaghetti sauce in my cart and notice that the price has changed from $2.20 to $2.10 -- can I change that on the fly?

    /Kevin
    Whoa, okay, I just read the help file. (I know, I know. But I'm a network engineer and computers are what I do -- I don't need no stinkin' manual. )

    So I'm supposed to add things to my CART and before I go shopping, I'm supposed to check them off so that they go onto the LIST? Or... I'm supposed to go through the LIST and check off items that I DON'T NEED so t they end up in the cart?

    Maybe I'm just confused now. Am I using this thing wrong? hehe

    /Kevin
  9. #249  
    Alright, either way, I'd say that the 'List' and 'Cart' need to be renamed to something else that's clearer, however it's to be done. HandyShopper, for instance, had 'All' and 'Needed'. No gray area there.

    In Shopping List, I've been using 'List' as my 'All' and 'Cart' as my 'Needed', but from the help file, it sounds like I have it reversed...?

    /Kevin
  10. #250  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Wow, this a very neat idea! This already semi-exists in the current app. You can select a template list to copy its items over to the list you are creating. What if I allowed people to select multiple template lists when creating a new list? You could name your template lists the names of meals in this case. Let me know if this makes sense and if I'm the right page with you.
    Yes i do believe that would work.
  11. #251  
    I don't know what the instructions say (I didn't even know it had instructions ) - but cart and list make perfect sense to me the way they are.

    I add items to my shopping list - they show up on 'List' view.
    As I shop I take items off the shelf and put them in my (real) cart.
    I check off the items on my list - they disappear from the 'List' view of items I need to buy and show up on the 'Cart' view of items in my cart.
    I guess if I used prices it would give me a good idea of what I have spent so far, if I felt like taking the time to input the prices.

    (I did notice the 'Cart' view did not sort correctly - I guess that's been fixed but I haven't figured out which program to delete so I can install the latest update.)

    I agree I would like an "All" view of both checked and unchecked items in addition to the other views.
    Last edited by margitc; 10/18/2009 at 11:40 PM.
  12.    #252  
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Kerek View Post
    What I'd really like to see is a way for these apps to be updated from a web site or something and stay in sync, ala Synergy. It would be nice for the wife to be able to update my list while she's at home and I'm at the store.

    Thanks for a great app!
    EK
    This is something that I would like too. That way, people could backup their data via the webapp and keep in sync. However, this might be in the far future.

    Quote Originally Posted by Evil_Kerek View Post
    Wish list item:

    Option to show the counts on the front for unchecked items. Because we jump between Costco, Walmart & Kroger, I don't do them by store, I do them by item type. So it would be nice to look at the list and see lists that aren't finished yet.
    EK
    I'll add this as an option under Preferences.

    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    Just downloaded the new version but haven't played with it yet.

    I did however read the Help file!

    I got confused by one thing. I think the terms: list and cart should be reversed.

    In my mind, something in my 'cart' is something that I'm about to purchase as in things in the shopping cart while you are getting in line to checkout.

    A list is something I take to the store to use to pick things out to put into my cart.

    If I unless misread your help instructions you have it as the cart being the list?

    Please let me know if I am misreading the instructions.

    Rob
    You add items to the lists you create and those items are split into two sections: List and Cart. The List is comprised of items that you need to get. The Cart is comprised of items that you don't need and have already gotten. Does that make sense?

    Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan View Post
    Mojo, this is a suggestion I asked 08/01/2009. You commented on this tread also. Could this be possible?

    I was thinking of an easy way to get all your grocery list in one app. My suggestion is for someone to create an application that you can add all the ingredients you need for your grocery shopping and associate those to meals you prepare. For example:

    You are going to make for this week pesto sauce, filet mignon, Grill chicken tacos for this week.

    Select Pesto sauce: the app will know you need basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, pine nuts (This is after, of course, you tell the app those are the ingredients for that meal). It will automatically add those to your grocery list.

    Select Filet Mignon: the app will know that you need the filet, A1 sauce, garlic, olive oil. In this case the app will know that you already have olive oil on you list since you already have that as ingredient for the pesto sauce so it will mark it as +2 (Since two meals require that item). So it will add only new items to your list.

    Chicken tacos: You add tortillas, chicken, olive oil, garlic, cheese, tomatoes, etc. The app will know that you have three items that use olive oil so it will mark that item as +3 on the list just to indicate you have three meals using that item. In this case it would also mark garlic +2 since two meals require that ingredient. All the other ingredients get added to the list since no other meal require the item.

    You can create your meals on the app and add ingredients then you just add the meals you want to make that week on your list and the app will auto create the ingredients for you. Also you can create different categories as Bathroom, Yard, Baby, etc. and add the items you need for those categories into your list. Of course you need to be able to swipe them off your list so you don't get 25 rolls of toilet paper into your list.

    What you think? Maybe is out there but it was worth the shot. I wish I know how to make app.

    Thanks.
    Yes, this already exists (kinda). When you create a list, you have the option to set it as a Template. A template list is a list that can be copied. For example, you create a new list called "Pesto Sauce" and mark it as a template. Now, you go into that list called Pesto Sauce and add the ingredients: basil leaves, Parmesan cheese, olive oil, and pine nuts. Now, you create a new list called Groceries and select the "Pesto Sauce" template list in order to copy the items from "Pesto Sauce" to "Groceries."

    The only problem here is that you can only select one template list. Crewser had this same idea.

    The solution that I came to is that I will allow you to select multiple template lists to copy when you are creating a new list.

    Does this make sense? This really makes me want to create a video of how to do some of this stuff because I feel like the app is confusing.

    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    One thing I noticed today is that my aisles didn't sort the way I expected them to. My aisles are 1, 2, 3, 4, etc. all the way through 16. When I sorted by aisle (asc.), it went like this:

    1, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9.

    I understand exactly why it did that, but it's not what I want it to do. Can that be fixed? Do I need to do the aisles as 01, 02, 03, etc. instead?

    Also, is there a way to edit fields when they're in the cart? For example, I have spaghetti sauce in my cart and notice that the price has changed from $2.20 to $2.10 -- can I change that on the fly?

    /Kevin
    Yeah, there's a bug when sorting aisles. It's not sorting the aisles "naturally" or alphanumerically. This bug will be fixed in an upcoming version.

    Yeah, I will enable editing and deleting items when you are in the Cart section.

    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Alright, either way, I'd say that the 'List' and 'Cart' need to be renamed to something else that's clearer, however it's to be done. HandyShopper, for instance, had 'All' and 'Needed'. No gray area there.

    In Shopping List, I've been using 'List' as my 'All' and 'Cart' as my 'Needed', but from the help file, it sounds like I have it reversed...?

    /Kevin
    You add items to the lists you create and those items are split into two sections: List and Cart. The List is comprised of items that you need to get. The Cart is comprised of items that you don't need and have already gotten. Does that make sense?

    Quote Originally Posted by margitc View Post
    I don't know what the instructions say (I didn't even know it had instructions ) - but cart and list make perfect sense to me the way they are.

    I add items to my shopping list - they show up on 'List' view.
    As I shop I take items off the shelf and put them in my (real) cart.
    I check off the items on my list - they disappear from the 'List' view of items I need to buy and show up on the 'Cart' view of items in my cart.
    I guess if I used prices it would give me a good idea of what I have spent so far, if I felt like taking the time to input the prices.

    (I did notice the 'Cart' view did not sort correctly - I guess that's been fixed but I haven't figured out which program to delete so I can install the latest update.)

    I agree I would like an "All" view of both checked and unchecked items in addition to the other views.
    Yeah, exactly.

    I will add an "All" section for items which will group items by "checked" and "unchecked."
  13. #253  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    You add items to the lists you create and those items are split into two sections: List and Cart. The List is comprised of items that you need to get. The Cart is comprised of items that you don't need and have already gotten. Does that make sense?
    Yes, that makes sense. I think people who are using this without having used HandyShopper are going to find it much easier than those of us making the transition to something else. I used HandyShopper literally for close to ten years, so this is totally new to me. Even though it clearly makes perfect sense to most people, it's somewhat foreign to me.

    What I was doing was this:

    After making a new list called "Wal*Mart", I added everything I might ever want to buy from Wal*Mart under the 'List' tab (the equivalent of my 'All' list in HandyShopper). Then I checked off the items I needed to buy yesterday so they went into my cart. As I shopped, I shopped from the 'Cart' list and checked them off as I put them in my cart.

    That's why it made no sense to me.

    So what I really need to do is... well, I'm not sure. It could just be that Shopping Cart isn't the app for me. I'm not sure how to adapt what I'm used to doing into what I can do now. Thoughts?

    I just want a list of all possibilities, and to be able to check off what I need on a particular shopping trip. My purchases change week to week depending on our menu, so I don't even see how I could make list templates. I'll have to give it a lot of thought, I guess.

    Or I could just keep using it like I did yesterday, even though it's not 'right'.

    /Kevin
    Last edited by commonplace; 10/19/2009 at 08:13 AM. Reason: mixed my tenses
  14. schaplin's Avatar
    Posts
    71 Posts
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    #254  
    I LOVE this app!! I tried the 2 that are already in the App Catalog & they don't even compare to this one.

    There is one thing that would just make this app perfect for me. I use coupons everytime I grocery shop. It would be great if when I go to input the price of my items, I could also have the option to input the value of the coupon so it adjusts the price of the product automatically. I hate having to do it in my head.
  15. #255  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Yes, that makes sense. I think people who are using this without having used HandyShopper are going to find it much easier than those of us making the transition to something else. I used HandyShopper literally for close to ten years, so this is totally new to me. Even though it clearly makes perfect sense to most people, it's somewhat foreign to me.

    What I was doing was this:

    After making a new list called "Wal*Mart", I added everything I might ever want to buy from Wal*Mart under the 'List' tab (the equivalent of my 'All' list in HandyShopper). Then I checked off the items I needed to buy yesterday so they went into my cart. As I shopped, I shopped from the 'Cart' list and checked them off as I put them in my cart.

    That's why it made no sense to me.

    So what I really need to do is... well, I'm not sure. It could just be that Shopping Cart isn't the app for me. I'm not sure how to adapt what I'm used to doing into what I can do now. Thoughts?

    I just want a list of all possibilities, and to be able to check off what I need on a particular shopping trip. My purchases change week to week depending on our menu, so I don't even see how I could make list templates. I'll have to give it a lot of thought, I guess.

    Or I could just keep using it like I did yesterday, even though it's not 'right'.

    /Kevin

    I've never used Handishopper, so I don't have the problem of adjusting my paradigm, but here is how it works for me:

    I create templates for different stores, or maybe different types of trips -
    stuff I frequently buy at Walmart, stuff I frequently buy at Costco, big monthly Winco trip, smaller in-filling Winco trip, etc.

    When I need to do my Costco shopping, for example, I make a new list based on the Costco template, maybe call it 'Costco 10/19'. I review the new list and delete any items I don't need to buy and add any items I need this trip that aren't on my template.

    In the store, I check off the items on the 'Costco 10/19' list as I put them in the cart - as described in my previous message.

    I hadn't thought of using templates as recipe shopping lists, but that could probably be incorporated into this process if we can combine templates to make a current list. I can see having an awful lot of templates, though, - might need to be able to organize/categorize them somehow.
  16. #256  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Wow, this a very neat idea! This already semi-exists in the current app. You can select a template list to copy its items over to the list you are creating. What if I allowed people to select multiple template lists when creating a new list? You could name your template lists the names of meals in this case. Let me know if this makes sense and if I'm the right page with you.
    You guys read my mind! I was coming over to the forums to suggest/request this exact feature. I've already started building my shopping lists for each meal, but there's no way to combine the meals for each week into one list (and I want to maintain the ability to switch up future meals at will, so I don't want to create a "weekly" template).

    So please count one more person who would love to see multiple template lists import into one single shopping list.
  17. mbloflin's Avatar
    Posts
    21 Posts
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    #257  
    Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan View Post
    ...Select Filet Mignon: the app will know that you need the filet, A1 sauce, garlic, olive oil. In this case the app will know that you already have olive oil on you list since you already have that as ingredient for the pesto sauce so it will mark it as +2...
    Oh, please tell me you don't put A1 on FILET MIGNON! That is one of the most tender, flavorful, expensive cuts of meat. Enjoy the natural flavor maybe slightly enhanced with salt, pepper and a pat of herbed butter (but easy on the herb) to finish. For me A1 is for cheap cuts of meat badly cooked at all night diners.

    I am a old HandyShopper user and have not started using Shopping List yet even though I have downloaded and updated it several times. Inputing all that data is kind of keeping me from starting. Any way to get basic shopping lists imported yet or will there be a way later?

    Brad L.
  18. #258  
    lol no no no you put katchup on filet mignon, maybe a touch of mustard.

    I like to saute mushrooms in red wine, Worcestershire sauce and butter. Then drop those on a medium cooked ribeye steak. mmmmm!
  19.    #259  
    Quote Originally Posted by Crewser View Post
    lol no no no you put katchup on filet mignon, maybe a touch of mustard.

    I like to saute mushrooms in red wine, Worcestershire sauce and butter. Then drop those on a medium cooked ribeye steak. mmmmm!
    You're making me drool...

    Quote Originally Posted by mbloflin View Post
    I am a old HandyShopper user and have not started using Shopping List yet even though I have downloaded and updated it several times. Inputing all that data is kind of keeping me from starting. Any way to get basic shopping lists imported yet or will there be a way later?

    Brad L.
    Yes, there will be a way to import/export lists via a copy/paste method. There will be a better of doing this in the future.

    Quote Originally Posted by schaplin View Post
    I LOVE this app!! I tried the 2 that are already in the App Catalog & they don't even compare to this one.

    There is one thing that would just make this app perfect for me. I use coupons everytime I grocery shop. It would be great if when I go to input the price of my items, I could also have the option to input the value of the coupon so it adjusts the price of the product automatically. I hate having to do it in my head.
    Adding coupons has been added to the to-do list.

    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Yes, that makes sense. I think people who are using this without having used HandyShopper are going to find it much easier than those of us making the transition to something else. I used HandyShopper literally for close to ten years, so this is totally new to me. Even though it clearly makes perfect sense to most people, it's somewhat foreign to me.

    What I was doing was this:

    After making a new list called "Wal*Mart", I added everything I might ever want to buy from Wal*Mart under the 'List' tab (the equivalent of my 'All' list in HandyShopper). Then I checked off the items I needed to buy yesterday so they went into my cart. As I shopped, I shopped from the 'Cart' list and checked them off as I put them in my cart.

    That's why it made no sense to me.

    So what I really need to do is... well, I'm not sure. It could just be that Shopping Cart isn't the app for me. I'm not sure how to adapt what I'm used to doing into what I can do now. Thoughts?

    I just want a list of all possibilities, and to be able to check off what I need on a particular shopping trip. My purchases change week to week depending on our menu, so I don't even see how I could make list templates. I'll have to give it a lot of thought, I guess.

    Or I could just keep using it like I did yesterday, even though it's not 'right'.

    /Kevin
    Sorry to hear that it's not working like you would want it. I'll have to brainstorm a bit to see what I can do to accommodate users that are used to the HandyShopper method.
  20. SirWill's Avatar
    Posts
    439 Posts
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    #260  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Sorry to hear that it's not working like you would want it. I'll have to brainstorm a bit to see what I can do to accommodate users that are used to the HandyShopper method.
    I never used Handy Shopper. I haven't used your shopping list yet either. However I have to say I like the idea of having store master lists, checking off what I need to go the store to buy, and then going to the store and checking off the list the items I put in to my physical cart. Once I go through the register, I should be able to mass remove the times that I just bought.

    Hmm, or even better it tracks the date that I last bought an item, and based on master item preferences, can pop up on a suggestion list.

    So every item in a stores master list could have preferences for how many and how often.

    Regarding templates, Yes multiple adding to a list is a good idea. Since I haven't used I don't know exactly how it works yet, but you mentioned that when you create a list you can create from a template, or soon multiple templates. Once you have an existing list can you go back and add in items from an existing template? If not this would make sense. what I'm thinking is when it comes to meals, you might be meal planning, and not know all of the meals when you start the list but think of another meal to add after you created the list.

    something else when it comes to using templates for meal lists. It needs to know that if you add 4 meal templates, and 2 of them call for the same ingrediant that it adds the qty needed to the list to cover all meals needing that ingrediant.

Posting Permissions