Page 12 of 31 FirstFirst ... 2789101112131415161722 ... LastLast
    I really like the upgrades you have made. I think a nice feature would be the ability to add the name of a store. Using this app allows you to create a list then email it to someone and it would include the name of the store that they need to get the items from. Including an SMS feature would be a neat little addon as well. Do you plan on including the prices in the email when you send the list out? I like how you use tasks format. This is great! Keep up the great work! How much will it be in the app catalog?
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    First of all, thank you.

how about being able to load my lists via blue tooth to my wife's pre? The reason is that emailing the list to her don't give her the opportunity to cross or mark items. A pre to pre list swap would be great.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    You are the BEST!!! I love this app and will use it constantly! There's some dollars on their way to you and I'll definately buy the app catalog version as soon as I see it. May 1000 mahalo's rain down upon you and your family for all time!

What happen to the app on Nov 1st?
    Last edited by jstew10; 10/16/2009 at 09:18 AM.
    Alright, so if we donate now do we get to avoid paying for it later? (Does that make me sound as cheap as I think it does?)

Anyway, installed the new version today just now. Will play with it later but so far it looks great.

/Kevin
    Also, Mojo, how come your app doesn't show up toward the top of the 'recently updated' list? It's still in its original place as if it wasn't updated since August. In fact, it actually says 21 August 2009 as the 'last updated' date, even though the version is the new one (0.2.5). Might want to see if a mod (or whomever) can fix that for you, get you some more visibility!

/Kevin
  6.    #226  
    Quote Originally Posted by mamouton View Post
    I really like the upgrades you have made. I think a nice feature would be the ability to add the name of a store. Using this app allows you to create a list then email it to someone and it would include the name of the store that they need to get the items from. Including an SMS feature would be a neat little addon as well. Do you plan on including the prices in the email when you send the list out? I like how you use tasks format. This is great! Keep up the great work! How much will it be in the app catalog?
    Yes, stores will be an added feature in a future version. SMS would be neat but lists can get pretty long. SMS is limited to 160 characters per message so messages might span multiple texts. The option to SMS lists is still a maybe.

Yes, prices will be added to emailed lists in the next version.

I plan on listing the app for $1.99 in the App Catalog.

Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan View Post
    First of all, thank you.

how about being able to load my lists via blue tooth to my wife's pre? The reason is that emailing the list to her don't give her the opportunity to cross or mark items. A pre to pre list swap would be great.
    At this time there's no way to do this. As soon as this is possible it will be implemented, you can count on that!

Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    You are the BEST!!! I love this app and will use it constantly! There's some dollars on their way to you and I'll definately buy the app catalog version as soon as I see it. May 1000 mahalo's rain down upon you and your family for all time!

What happen to the app on Nov 1st?
    Thank you! It is much appreciated. On November 1, 2009 the app will expire because by then I hope to have it in the App Catalog. If it's not in the App Catalog by November 1st I will release another version with an extended date.

Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    Alright, so if we donate now do we get to avoid paying for it later? (Does that make me sound as cheap as I think it does?)

Anyway, installed the new version today just now. Will play with it later but so far it looks great.

/Kevin
    No; donating now will not let you avoid paying for it once it gets to the App Catalog, sorry.

Also, Mojo, how come your app doesn't show up toward the top of the 'recently updated' list? It's still in its original place as if it wasn't updated since August. In fact, it actually says 21 August 2009 as the 'last updated' date, even though the version is the new one (0.2.5). Might want to see if a mod (or whomever) can fix that for you, get you some more visibility!

/Kevin
    The reason it isn't showing up is because I am waiting for a moderator here on PreCentral to update it. Hopefully a moderator can approve the update so it can show up in the recently updated list.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    No; donating now will not let you avoid paying for it once it gets to the App Catalog, sorry.
    Okay. I was always taught it couldn't hurt to ask.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    The reason it isn't showing up is because I am waiting for a moderator here on PreCentral to update it. Hopefully a moderator can approve the update so it can show up in the recently updated list.
    Gotcha. Well, hope they do it soon.

/Kevin
    Alright, I tried searching the thread and didn't find anything and I'm too lazy (yeah, my qualities include both cheap AND lazy, apparently...) to read the whole thread over again, so if this has already been asked and answered, I apologise.

Will there be a way to back up our lists? I'd like to back up my lists before updating a version, or if I want to move a list to another phone, etc.

/Kevin
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Alright, I tried searching the thread and didn't find anything and I'm too lazy (yeah, my qualities include both cheap AND lazy, apparently...) to read the whole thread over again, so if this has already been asked and answered, I apologise.

Will there be a way to back up our lists? I'd like to back up my lists before updating a version, or if I want to move a list to another phone, etc.

/Kevin
    Ionly have one list going but it was not impacted at all when I updated to the new version today.
  10.    #230  

/Kevin
    I have looked into having an option to backup lists. The database for the app is stored on the phone's media partition, which is accessible when you turn on USB Mode. So, it is possible to copy the database to your computer. The only problem is copying it back and getting it to work with a newer version. This is what I am working on.

When updating to v0.2.5 or any other future version, your lists will be imported automatically. I have tested this out rigorously to make sure there are no bugs. However, since this app is still in beta, it is still possible for data to be lost.
    The new version is now showing up with the new date, so hopefully it'll get you some more exposure this way. Looks like the mods updated a few today.

/Kevin
    Handyshopper allows you to export lists. Assuming Mojo is able to get an import function from somewhere, you should be able to modify your exported Handyshopper data to a format that will import into Shopping List. That's what I'm waiting for.
    New version is looking better and better. Here are some suggestions:

1) Where you have the "List/Cart" view options at the bottom, it would be good to add an "All" option, where the List items are unchecked at the top and the Cart items are checked at the bottom. Then checking/unchecking would move the items back and forth from top to bottom (would be nice to see all items in one view).

2) The sort by name is great option! However, I would HIGHLY recommend removing the "A", "B", etc breaklines. I really don't think they add much and that would allow more items to be viewed on one page. Perhaps have an option to turn the lines off and on.

3) I think you could squeeze the spacing a little more between items without compromizing the usuabilty (so more items can be seen).

4) I see you have filtering as a to-do item. Not sure how you plan on doing it, but try to do it like handyshopper where if you start typing, it will auto-filter on what's typed, even if it's not the first word. "Cheese" would filter on both "Cream Chesse" and "Chedder Cheese. And if a an item isn't listed, pressing enter would add what you typed as a new item.

5) Add option to add a note to a list item (again, like handyshopper).

6) Option to show items for all lists (handyshopper ;-)

Keep up the good work. This blows away the current options in the app store! I've seen it mentioned a couple of times, but the more you can make this like handyshopper, the higher your take rate will be!

Thanks!
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Totally agree with the above. All of it.

Funny how "HandyShopper" is pretty much THE shopping app, and that guy refuses to make it for this platform. Oh well, his loss, "Move over Rover, let Mojo take over".
    Still using my Treo 650. Waiting for the real apps to come for Pre...
  15.    #235  
    Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    Handyshopper allows you to export lists. Assuming Mojo is able to get an import function from somewhere, you should be able to modify your exported Handyshopper data to a format that will import into Shopping List. That's what I'm waiting for.
    Yeah, I will have to analyze the HandyShopper databases to see what I can do as far as importing goes.

Quote Originally Posted by RCJH View Post
    New version is looking better and better. Here are some suggestions:

1) Where you have the "List/Cart" view options at the bottom, it would be good to add an "All" option, where the List items are unchecked at the top and the Cart items are checked at the bottom. Then checking/unchecking would move the items back and forth from top to bottom (would be nice to see all items in one view).

2) The sort by name is great option! However, I would HIGHLY recommend removing the "A", "B", etc breaklines. I really don't think they add much and that would allow more items to be viewed on one page. Perhaps have an option to turn the lines off and on.

3) I think you could squeeze the spacing a little more between items without compromizing the usuabilty (so more items can be seen).

4) I see you have filtering as a to-do item. Not sure how you plan on doing it, but try to do it like handyshopper where if you start typing, it will auto-filter on what's typed, even if it's not the first word. "Cheese" would filter on both "Cream Chesse" and "Chedder Cheese. And if a an item isn't listed, pressing enter would add what you typed as a new item.

5) Add option to add a note to a list item (again, like handyshopper).

6) Option to show items for all lists (handyshopper ;-)

Keep up the good work. This blows away the current options in the app store! I've seen it mentioned a couple of times, but the more you can make this like handyshopper, the higher your take rate will be!

Thanks!
    1) I will be adding a all items / all cart option somewhere in a future version.

2) Yes! Good idea to have an option to view sorting dividers. This will be added to the Preferences section.

3) I have got this request before but I don't want to make the list rows too narrow because I might get pinged by Palm for the touchable area being low.

4) Yep. I plan to have filtering when both searching through lists and adding items. When adding items, it will be more like auto-complete.

5) What kinds of things would you put in a note area? This can be added to the todo list.

6) Good idea. Will add this to the todo list.

Thanks for your great suggestions and feedback!

Quote Originally Posted by DAE51D View Post
    Totally agree with the above. All of it.

Funny how "HandyShopper" is pretty much THE shopping app, and that guy refuses to make it for this platform. Oh well, his loss, "Move over Rover, let Mojo take over".
    Hehe. You know it!

Just wanted to notify you all that I released a newer version of Shopping List. Yes, I believe that was the fastest I have gotten a new version out!

v0.2.6:
    Add Item
    • Changed button text from 'Done' to 'Save'
    • Added a subtitle to the header notifying the user
      that they can rapidly enter items
    • After saving an item, the tax is reset to 'No'

Edit List
    • Changed the values of the Price and Template toggle buttons to 'Yes' and 'No' instead of 'On' and 'Off'

Items
    • Changed format of list when sending a list via email
    • Added the item price when emailing list
    • Fixed bug that prevented Cart items from being sorted
    I used the note option in handyshopper to provide more information that I would need when buying an item, but didn't want to make the list item itself a real long description. For example, every year or so I buy "Deck Stripper" for my deck. In the notes, I might put brand/color/quantity or where I bought it. I also use notes to keep track of pricing at different stores, so I can price shop when I'm at different stores. On that note, another nice "HS" option was...;-)

7) A price comparison calculator (HS calls it "Best Buy"). Basically a single screen where you plug in the total price and "# of units" for the same item, but in two different quantities. The calculator will then tell you which one is cheaper (per unit) on the fly. Good for knowing just how good of deal that "jumbo" pack is (or if it's in fact cheaper at all). This might be too sophisticated to include - at least for now ;-).

8) Move/copy items between lists.

and some more...

9) I Don't know what it's called, but provide a "drop drown" or spinner list for selecting the quantity and isle so you don't have to type it in (minor thing).

10) Think I've seen this one mentioned before too, but I would also REALLY like to see an option to send a list to SMS (so I can quickly tell the honey what to pick up at the store). In your previous version, I could work around this by sending the list to email, then copy/past into an SMS. The new format won't allow for that??? Also, in the new version, you can't send Cart items to an email (not sure if this worked in the previous version?). Both options are useful.

I know you're resisting "send to SMS" due to character restrictions, but there should be some way to make it work. Maybe a "send to clipboard" option (possible?), or someway to copy items? Obviously, the less information the better for SMS (no headers or parenthesis for quantity). The SMS utility might even split it into two messages if it's 160+ characters?

Thanks for your responsiveness!
    You've set a new precedent with two updates in one day. Now our expectations are higher than ever.

/Kevin

P.S. Used it in a limited fashion tonight and like it a lot so far!
    Got a suggestion for a feature, wonder if anyone else would find this useful...

When i get ready to go to the grocery store, my wife and I sit down and make a menu for the week... Now if I could make a list of items needed for a particular meal (which i know i can) that's great, because it tells me how much i'm spending on that particular meal.

What i'm looking to do is make a list from those lists... so "create a shopping list from..." option where i could drag or tap the meals and it would build my shopping list.

The other trick would be getting the individual items with their Isle, price and other info into the "Menu" lists, but i dont mind spending some time at the grocery store building those manually.

The end result would be a huge time saver. What do you want this week for dinner? Tap Spaghetti, Roast Beef Dinner, "Easy Chop" dinner, MeatLoaf and Tacos. tap Walmart. Boom, List of everything i need to buy

Am I dreaming? maybe. But man that would make the app the best shopping cart EVER in the WHOLE WORLD!

Whatcha think?
    @crewser that would be a great feature to be able to build lists from meals.
    Crewser, love that idea. +1 for sure!

I guess I never really dreamt big with HandyShopper because a) it was already pretty good and b) the developer is (or acts like) a jerk and was not open to requests or anything. (On the other hand, it was totally free and available for two platforms -- Palm (classic) and Windows Mobile -- so how much can one complain?)

Your idea is great, though. I love it. I'd like to have a choice of adding all ingredients for the meal in question, though, or being able to select from a list of possible ingredients. A lot of my recipes have, say, mayonnaise or minced garlic, things that come in large containers and aren't ever used in its entirety in a single meal. (I don't dump a whole jar of mayonnaise into anything that I can think of, yanno?) That way it would tell me what the meal requires, but I'd only have to check off the particular items that I'm out of at the moment (I may need spaghetti sauce for spaghetti, but might still have parmesan cheese, for instance.)

/Kevin