Page 11 of 31 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151621 ... LastLast
    I just saw an app in Palm's catalog called 'easyShop' is that your product, renamed?

I want to support you and if this is not your product I will not spend the $3 they are charging for it.

I know you are going to school and this might help in paying for your schooling, so I would rather support you.

I've been watching and using this from the beginning.

So you take all the time you need.

For others here that can't wait, they can try that app being offered in Palm's Catalog.

Thanks!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    - Palm Pre (Sprint) - formally Palm Treo 650
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3
    Model: P100EWW
    Hardware Version: A
    Firmware: CC1.4(510)

2.    #202  
    Quote Originally Posted by rlanza1054 View Post
    I just saw an app in Palm's catalog called 'easyShop' is that your product, renamed?

I want to support you and if this is not your product I will not spend the $3 they are charging for it.

I know you are going to school and this might help in paying for your schooling, so I would rather support you.

I've been watching and using this from the beginning.

So you take all the time you need.

For others here that can't wait, they can try that app being offered in Palm's Catalog.

Thanks!

Rob
    Hey Rob,

Unfortunately, neither TealShopper nor easyShop are my apps. I was afraid this would happen - getting beat to the App Catalog.

I really appreciate your loyalty! It gives me motivation to continue developing this app. I feel even more rushed now that there are two shopping list apps in the App Catalog.

From what I see, my app should be accepted with no problem compared to the other two shopping list apps (no offense). I have really put a lot of work into this app. But still, time is not on my side.

I'll keep you all posted. I'll be up late tonight.

-Bryan
    I saw that post as well and read the features and thought you had just released under a new name. Glad that wasn't the case, eagerly awaiting .
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Hey Rob,

Unfortunately, neither TealShopper nor easyShop are my apps. I was afraid this would happen - getting beat to the App Catalog.

I really appreciate your loyalty! It gives me motivation to continue developing this app. I feel even more rushed now that there are two shopping list apps in the App Catalog.

From what I see, my app should be accepted with no problem compared to the other two shopping list apps (no offense). I have really put a lot of work into this app. But still, time is not on my side.

-Bryan
    More encouragement. I just made my first purchase on Palm App Catalog for an app called Newsroom. By a company called Trileet.com

I was taken. This app is a beta app. It doesn't even work.

And now I have to scream at Palm for letting something like this get put in the Catalog when it's only a beta product and charging users for it.

I paid $5 to be a beta tester, that's bait and switch and that's illegal in NY.

So I am hopping mad over this. The app looks like it could be good. But Palm is allowing non-working products to get approved and then be sold.

And you can't get a refund, and are only directed to the developer.

I have left very nasty posts in his website and Palm is supposed to contact me on Monday, if not I will be contacting them and it won't be pretty.

How this guy got away with this is beyond me.

The product is called Newsroom, I don't think this guy ever used PreCentral's Homebrew section to develop his product and get it beta tested here first.

So how this happened?

I am burning up over this.

So if there are apps that beat your to the punch, try and privately check them out, they just might be junk and just a concept and not a working product.

I'm going to do everything to get this kind of stuff exposed!

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Another vote for units. It was one of the most useful categories for me when I was able to use handyshopper.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    More encouragement. I just made my first purchase on Palm App Catalog for an app called Newsroom. By a company called Trileet.com

I was taken. This app is a beta app. It doesn't even work.

And now I have to scream at Palm for letting something like this get put in the Catalog when it's only a beta product and charging users for it.

I paid $5 to be a beta tester, that's bait and switch and that's illegal in NY.

So I am hopping mad over this. The app looks like it could be good. But Palm is allowing non-working products to get approved and then be sold.

And you can't get a refund, and are only directed to the developer.

I have left very nasty posts in his website and Palm is supposed to contact me on Monday, if not I will be contacting them and it won't be pretty.

How this guy got away with this is beyond me.

The product is called Newsroom, I don't think this guy ever used PreCentral's Homebrew section to develop his product and get it beta tested here first.

So how this happened?

I am burning up over this.

So if there are apps that beat your to the punch, try and privately check them out, they just might be junk and just a concept and not a working product.

I'm going to do everything to get this kind of stuff exposed!

Rob
    Although I don't use this app (Newsroom), I would have to disagree with you that it doesn't work. There are over 60 reviews since 7 Oct and the product is rated 3.5 stars out of 5. Many claim it works so I would have to say either you are not doing something right, or it didn't install correctly. Or it's even possible that maybe there was an update and it broke something that the developer wasn't aware of. I would guess that at the time Palm let it into the app store, it was functional.

Also, no one is required to use homebrew first. I fear your expectations and lack of patience has gotten you far more upset than is required based on what I can see from the apps reviews.

Anyway, sorry to jack the thread, I just found the above response to be way overboard and hope that the same doesn't happen with this app when it makes its debut in the app store.
    Warning: This application is in beta. Data entered may be lost during version updates.

Mojo, any word on the very long awaited update?Any idea when the new up date comes out if all the previous data will be erased?
    Thnx
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I'm as anxoius as anyone for the new update. This app is going to make going to the grocery store tollerable, if not easy. However, I'm gonna lay off Mojo for a while. He's a dad with a real job who does this stuff out of the kindness of his heart. Lets all just stick with what we have and wait patiently for the update. It'll come when it comes.
    Global Posts
    311 Global Posts
    Thanks for this app. I use it all the time.
    One more quick vote (I can 'vote' more than once, right? right??) for HandyShopper database support/imports. I dread having to re-enter everything by hand.

Looking forward to future updates, Mojo! I told you I'd grab this as soon as I got my Pre; I got it yesterday and your app was on there yesterday.

/Kevin

-Bryan
    keep at it! you're app is good. i'm in the same boat with my yahtzee clone, Yatz!, and it's competitor from EA games and Hasbro that is already in the app catalog. if i can keep working on mine, you can keep at yours! it's good stuff and worth it. and homebrew fans will follow you!
    Look the developer of DrPodder said to me when I complained that someone beat him to the punch and got their App in the Catalog before he did: 'I knew there were going to be others that were going to make similar apps.'

But it wasn't going to stop him from developing his app.

As it turned out, the other apps have different features and are not exact copies.

So if you app has a few features that the others don't it could be a selling point.

I'd say just keep doing what you doing.

He also said there will be room for all to sell their apps.

Rob
    Robert L
    Astoria Queens, N.Y.C
    Version 1.4.1.1
    Sprint Configuration 2.3

Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    And from the reviews I've read, I won't be purchasing either of the apps already in the catalog. They don't work the way I want them to, so I'll keep using HS within Classic (for now).

Whoever gets to HandyShopper Territory first, wins!

Cheers,
    -JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
  14.    #214  
    Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    One more quick vote (I can 'vote' more than once, right? right??) for HandyShopper database support/imports. I dread having to re-enter everything by hand.

Looking forward to future updates, Mojo! I told you I'd grab this as soon as I got my Pre; I got it yesterday and your app was on there yesterday.

/Kevin
    Thanks! Yes, I will look into how I could import HandyShopper databases but I can't promise anything so bare with me

Quote Originally Posted by stickywhipit View Post
    keep at it! you're app is good. i'm in the same boat with my yahtzee clone, Yatz!, and it's competitor from EA games and Hasbro that is already in the app catalog. if i can keep working on mine, you can keep at yours! it's good stuff and worth it. and homebrew fans will follow you!
    Look the developer of DrPodder said to me when I complained that someone beat him to the punch and got their App in the Catalog before he did: 'I knew there were going to be others that were going to make similar apps.'

But it wasn't going to stop him from developing his app.

As it turned out, the other apps have different features and are not exact copies.

So if you app has a few features that the others don't it could be a selling point.

I'd say just keep doing what you doing.

He also said there will be room for all to sell their apps.

Rob
    Thank you guys for all of your support! It really motivates me.

I wanted to give all of you a few updates on what's going on.

This thread will hopefully be moved into our own section in the webOS Developer Forums. I am still waiting for this to happen.

After releasing v0.2.5, I will be fixing any bugs you guys find. When I find that this version is stable I will be submitting it to Palm for consideration in the App Catalog. When I submit the app to Palm, I might be renaming it to MojoShopper. What do you think of the name?

As far as when v0.2.5 will get released, a little bird told me sometime between now and tomorrow. Stay posted!
    Global Posts
    73 Global Posts
    I think the "MojoShopper" name is fine. I'm eagerly awating it's appearance in the app catalog.
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    Here's another idea, if you're up to the challenge... location awareness via GPS. So, say I enter into a Home Depot, then the shopper application could default to that store's items. Take it further, and how about alerts, so that as I'm driving by said Home Depot, it alerts and maybe uses speech to tell me, "pick up a shovel from home depot" or "there are 6 items you needed at Safeway", etc.

You could either do the grunt work of looking up my location on google maps to find out my address and I'm sure it would map back to a store name, or take the easy way out and just let me define "current location" (plus or minus like 100 feet or whatever a store and the parking lot distance would be) is "Home Depot", as most people probably shop at the same store locations over and over. It's rare that I go to another Home Depot than the one near my house. But that's where the first part would come in really handy, in case I *am* out and about running erands and there happens to be a store I need on my route.

You might check out some of these ideas:
    Android's 10 Most Exciting Apps - Android - Gizmodo
    Still using my Treo 650. Waiting for the real apps to come for Pre...
    Thanks! Yes, I will look into how I could import HandyShopper databases but I can't promise anything so bare with me

Thank you guys for all of your support! It really motivates me.

I wanted to give all of you a few updates on what's going on.

This thread will hopefully be moved into our own section in the webOS Developer Forums. I am still waiting for this to happen.

After releasing v0.2.5, I will be fixing any bugs you guys find. When I find that this version is stable I will be submitting it to Palm for consideration in the App Catalog. When I submit the app to Palm, I might be renaming it to MojoShopper. What do you think of the name?

As far as when v0.2.5 will get released, a little bird told me sometime between now and tomorrow. Stay posted!

I will definitely be buying this app, not for its current features but for its hopeful future ones.

And I'm sure some people think it's crazy but it's true: a good shopping list application is toward the top of my priority list. I grew absolutely dependent upon HandyShopper for YEARS to do my grocery shopping and I can't imagine doing without. This weekend, which will be my first with the Pre, I'm actually going to bring along my Touch Pro just for HandyShopper.

Hope you get in the app catalog tomorrow!!!! Very exciting!

/Kevin
  18.    #218  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAE51D View Post
    Here's another idea, if you're up to the challenge... location awareness via GPS. So, say I enter into a Home Depot, then the shopper application could default to that store's items. Take it further, and how about alerts, so that as I'm driving by said Home Depot, it alerts and maybe uses speech to tell me, "pick up a shovel from home depot" or "there are 6 items you needed at Safeway", etc.

You could either do the grunt work of looking up my location on google maps to find out my address and I'm sure it would map back to a store name, or take the easy way out and just let me define "current location" (plus or minus like 100 feet or whatever a store and the parking lot distance would be) is "Home Depot", as most people probably shop at the same store locations over and over. It's rare that I go to another Home Depot than the one near my house. But that's where the first part would come in really handy, in case I *am* out and about running erands and there happens to be a store I need on my route.

You might check out some of these ideas:
    Android's 10 Most Exciting Apps - Android - Gizmodo
    Definitely! I have these features already planned. It's awesome to know that you want these features too. This will really make the app advanced and a powerful tool. Thanks for the link.

Quote Originally Posted by commonplace View Post
    I will definitely be buying this app, not for its current features but for its hopeful future ones.

And I'm sure some people think it's crazy but it's true: a good shopping list application is toward the top of my priority list. I grew absolutely dependent upon HandyShopper for YEARS to do my grocery shopping and I can't imagine doing without. This weekend, which will be my first with the Pre, I'm actually going to bring along my Touch Pro just for HandyShopper.

Hope you get in the app catalog tomorrow!!!! Very exciting!

/Kevin
    Thanks. My app hasn't been submitted yet. After I release v0.2.5 and find it to be stable, I will submit it to Palm. I hope I get accepted readily but I have heard it might take a while.

I hope you guys like this new version as I am very excited to release it.
    Definitely! I have these features already planned. It's awesome to know that you want these features too. This will really make the app advanced and a powerful tool. Thanks for the link.

Thanks. My app hasn't been submitted yet. After I release v0.2.5 and find it to be stable, I will submit it to Palm. I hope I get accepted readily but I have heard it might take a while.

I hope you guys like this new version as I am very excited to release it.
    I'd never even thought of such a possibility, to be honest. I'm glad someone mentioned it and even gladder (more glad?) that you're already planning on implementing them anyway! It would be simply amazing to step into Wal*Mart (for example) and have it automatically pull up my list of Wal*Mart items, etc.

Looking forward to 0.2.5 and will be downloading it as soon as I can!

/Kevin
  20.    #220  
    Its my pleasure to announce that v0.2.5 has been released!

Download from the Homebrew Apps Gallery: Shopping List

Hopefully by morning, when most of you read this, the app listing would have been approved by a moderator and updated with the current information.

How's that for starting out your Friday?
    Last edited by Bryan Roth; 10/16/2009 at 03:06 AM. Reason: Added download link.