Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141520 ... LastLast
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I don't have a Pre yet, still lugging around my trusty Treo 650, mostly because I can't live without a few key apps. One of them being HandyShopper. If you're unfamiliar, I strongly suggest you get it (it's free) and take every idea you can from it and then make it even better. Key features I use all the time are:
    * assign item to multiple stores
    * 1-5 priority
    * category (home, office, personal, etc)
    * quantity/units
    * unit price and total price (based on Q)
    * aisle
    * date
    * auto-delete
    * private
    * notes
    * checkbox (which moves from Need to All (hidden))
    * quick search (which also creates a new item using the name you searched for if you click "new")

HandyShopper for Windows Mobile and Palm OS

But as you see by his rather nasty disclaimer here:
    handyshopper : HandyShopper Users Group

He's kind of being a d-bag and so I figure you're free to "clone" this for Pre since he obviously has no interest in porting to anything else.

Another that looks interesting is this one:
    SplashShopper - Shopping List Manager for Palm and Treo

I didn't read the previous 9 pages of posts here, so sorry if these apps have been mentioned before. I look forward to seeing if this Shopper application meets or exceeds what the PalmOS Handyshopper can do. I suppose I could always just run the PalmOS emulator I saw was released...

Oh, another thing I thought would be helpful -- instead of editing on your desktop via some tool that is OS specific like SplashShopper has, a website where I can access it anywhere and therefore sync to my phone too bi-directionally. Perhaps you charge a nominal service fee for that feature?
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Just checking in. I know you're working hard on this app (and probably other things as well) and I hate to bug you but I was wondering if you had any better idea of when 2.5 will be released. I am really looking forward to a lot of the updated functionality and I have to go get goceries next week! Thanks bro.
    Quote Originally Posted by jstew10 View Post
    Just checking in. I know you're working hard on this app (and probably other things as well) and I hate to bug you but I was wondering if you had any better idea of when 2.5 will be released. I am really looking forward to a lot of the updated functionality and I have to go get goceries next week! Thanks bro.
    Me also. I have a lot of info to put in but I do not want to just in case the update wipes it. Any possible dates???????
    Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer View Post
    Me also. I have a lot of info to put in but I do not want to just in case the update wipes it. Any possible dates???????
    +1
    Don't even have my Pre yet, but a shopping list -- as crazy as it sounds -- is a must-have for me. I've used HandyShopper since my Palm III and still use it on my Touch Pro (Windows Mobile).

To make a long story short, does (or will) this app support HandyShopper databases? I know I can run HS under Classic, but I'd rather have a WebOS-native app and this one sounds pretty nice.

At any rate, keep up the great work! As soon as I get my Pre, I'll be grabbing this one.

/Kevin
  6.    #186  
    Hi everyone,

I wanted to give you some feedback on when the next version of Shopping List will be out. It's been real busy lately. I hope to get it out here real soon.

Quote Originally Posted by floridadomer
    Yes, the next version will automatically import your old data for you.

Quote Originally Posted by commonplace
    Don't even have my Pre yet, but a shopping list -- as crazy as it sounds -- is a must-have for me. I've used HandyShopper since my Palm III and still use it on my Touch Pro (Windows Mobile).

To make a long story short, does (or will) this app support HandyShopper databases? I know I can run HS under Classic, but I'd rather have a WebOS-native app and this one sounds pretty nice.

At any rate, keep up the great work! As soon as I get my Pre, I'll be grabbing this one.

/Kevin
    I will look into supporting HandyShopper databases and see what I can do.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I appreciate you letting us all know and for you emailing me back over the weekend. This app is so helpful at the store I don't know what I'd do without it. If I could sort alphabetically it would be perfect. All the other enhancements would just be a sweet bonus.
    I had hesitated for a long time on getting the Pre because I relied on HandyShopper for my grocery lists and I really didn't want to use the Classic emulator just for a shopping list. I was saddened when I learned that HandyShopper was not going to be created for the Pre and upset at the tone the creater of said program had when asked if he would be making one.Then I saw your app!!! Thank you sooooo much! From what I can see, your proposed future updates will make your app an absolute must-have for webOs and far superior to HandyShopper. Kudos to you! Looking forward to watching Shopping List evolve.
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Real soon. Any dates?

Thanks
    Is it possible to delete lists or delete individual items within a list? Maybe I missed this somehow. This is a good app. I will use this app extensively but I do not want to create a permanent list rather a new and updated list each time I shop. Or have historical data and close a list out for reference only.

Thanx
  11.    #191  
    Quote Originally Posted by Obijuan View Post
    Real soon. Any dates?

Thanks
    The new version will be released tonight tomorrow night. I plan on releasing updates in smaller chunks rather than take forever with a huge list of things to add.

Quote Originally Posted by bpcsatx View Post
    Is it possible to delete lists or delete individual items within a list? Maybe I missed this somehow. This is a good app. I will use this app extensively but I do not want to create a permanent list rather a new and updated list each time I shop. Or have historical data and close a list out for reference only.

Thanx
    To delete a list or item, simply swipe the list or item to the left or right.
    Last edited by Bryan Roth; 10/05/2009 at 10:26 PM.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    I was wondering if you were waiting for the paid app catalog, which I could hardly blame you for. I'll be donating to this as soon as 2.5 hits. If you plan on submitting to the official catalog, is there a price point you have in mind? I'll still buy it either way, especially if the official version has additional features. Most importantly, thanks for keeping us up to date!
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Man, this wait is killing me...

JK, not really. Just suffering Software Update withdrawal...

-JerryG
    Uniden PC100 -> Visor -> Visor Pro w/VisorPhone -> Tungsten T -> Tungsten T2 -> Tungsten T5 -> TX -> Treo 650 -> Treo 755p -> Pre -> Evo 4G
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    +1 with authority
    +1
    Global Posts
    24 Global Posts
    Just a date, that's all I ask please. Any update is better than nothing.

Thanks.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    ***?! I understand that you have been working hard and you probably have a real job at the same time but if you can't stick to a date then please don't give them out.
  18.    #198  
    Hi guys,

I am very sorry for the ridiculous delay in getting the next version released. I have a real job, going to college, and have a family. I am using every little bit of time to work on the app.

You're right jstew10, I should not give a date out if I can't stick with it.

I guess all I can say is that I am really close but I can't give you guys a definite date.

Just bare with me.
    Global Posts
    347 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Apps View Post
    Hi guys,

I am very sorry for the ridiculous delay in getting the next version released. I have a real job, going to college, and have a family. I am using every little bit of time to work on the app.

You're right jstew10, I should not give a date out if I can't stick with it.

I guess all I can say is that I am really close but I can't give you guys a definite date.

Just bare with me.

Hey, don't let anyone rush you. The ones that rush are the first ones to ***** when something isn't right. Although I do agree that if time is short, you should never give a date for release because people live by that date religiously. Take your time. Those that truely want this will happily wait for you to release it.
    Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Sorry bro, didn't mean to sound like a ****. I too am suffering from update withdrawl. This is the type of app I bought the phone for. I could care less about games (I drive to work), I use the phone to get stuff done and this helps tremendously. I promise to wait and hold my tounge, but know I check this thread about 3x a day!! Thanks.