Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I tried to view a pdf file on pre, but it didn't work.. Looked around but since I'm a newbie..this site does not let me view the link..any help.. Would be gteat
    I had to open a couple on my comp and resave them to get them to work
    Just use CutePDF or a similar program and redo them. I keep a lot random maps and reference docs on my device in pdf. Really surprised how smooth this application has been.
    I had what I thought was problem opening PDF's too when they come in an e-mail, but what I noticed was that you have to click once on the PDF to start the download to your Pre (you will see a slider bar moving from right to left on the PDF line), then when it's finished I have to press the PDF icon in my e-mail again.

I have to do that everytime, so I think that's the way it's designed?
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    i still have alot of trouble viewing pdfs on my pre
    I would really like to be able to follow a link to a pdf in my browser, that is where I encounter most pdf files that I need to look at. Does anyone know of a way to do this? everytime I click a link that directs me to a pdf , my pre tells me it doesn't know how to open that file.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by iowabatman View Post
    I would really like to be able to follow a link to a pdf in my browser, that is where I encounter most pdf files that I need to look at. Does anyone know of a way to do this? everytime I click a link that directs me to a pdf , my pre tells me it doesn't know how to open that file.
    You can't do this yet, unfortunately. The WebOS 1.2 update is supposed to fix this issue allowing users to open PDF's from the browser.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650
    Hi everyone,

Just got my Pre' about 2 weeks ago and really like it.

Saw this thread and wondered what was up since I've yet to run across a pdf that I can't see.
    Global Posts
    165 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyberdactyl View Post
    Hi everyone,

Just got my Pre' about 2 weeks ago and really like it.

Saw this thread and wondered what was up since I've yet to run across a pdf that I can't see.
    A previous version of WebOS did not allow for opening PDF's through the browser. This has been resolved, so you shouldn't experience any of the issues the previous posters mention.
    Current device: Palm Pre
    Former devices: Treo 755p, Treo 650