1.    #1  
    hello all im new here and im new to the palm, i just got mine this week and i love it, anyways i had to go back to the store and for whats its worth i spoke to a rep for the palm that just happened to be there and i asked about the apps, she said that a bunch will be showing up in the app store in a few weeks, they were working on stuff that people had submitted and getting the kinks out
    anyways i just thought i would pass that along
    Last edited by supersizeme; 08/01/2009 at 09:32 AM.
    I hope that's correct. Thanks for the update.
    Welcome to the forums, supe. Here's hopin'.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    What, is Elaine the stewardess representing Palm now? "In space terms, a tad is about half a million miles." I guess we'll see how many weeks "a few" turns out to be. I just hope we don't run out of coffee.
  5.    #5  
    lol i know what you mean, im ready for some apps, as i am apparently a retard and can not get the home brew apps to work for me, which leads me to another question is there a video of somebody downloading and installing home brew apps,kinda like a step by step kinda thing?
    There's a step-by-step guide in the homebrew section. It's pretty straight forward and easy. It's called "A Simple How-to Guide for getting homebrew apps onto your Pre (after 1.0.4)"

It really works. Scroll down in the post to where the actual guide starts. If you can't get it to work, PM me and I'll set-up a time that both of us can be on AIM and I'll step you through it.
  7.    #7  
    im not sure what i was doing wrong but i finally got it to work, put a few apps on it and deleted some too lol
    It took me a lil while to get my first app from home brew called filecaoster its sweat I don't need to link to my pc any more for new aps I recommend gettin it if you plan on usin homebrew I'd post the link but don't know how to get url from my pre someday I'll figure it out yhough I used the simple guide post 1.0.4 to install filecoasyer
    Quote Originally Posted by supersizeme View Post
    hello all im new here and im new to the palm, i just got mine this week and i love it, anyways i had to go back to the store and for whats its worth i spoke to a rep for the palm that just happened to be there and i asked about the apps, she said that a bunch will be showing up in the app store in a few weeks, they were working on stuff that people had submitted and getting the kinks out
    Punctuation is helpful.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    Here's a resource that might help you in the future:
    Grammar: Punctuation
  11.    #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by west3man View Post
    Punctuation is helpful.
    worry about yourself, this is how type if you dont like it, move along
  12.    #12  
    wow, how did i exist without you guys
    For what it's worth, I talked to a Sprint store rep when I was picking up my replacement phone and he said Palm had 70,000 apps lined up and ready to go and they were just waiting to get the billing system worked out in the App Catalog.

I assume he was making it up, because there's no way we can have 70k apps already. Take what your Sprint store rep says with a grain--or entire shaker--of salt.
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by bobertfishbone View Post
    For what it's worth, I talked to a Sprint store rep when I was picking up my replacement phone and he said Palm had 70,000 apps lined up and ready to go and they were just waiting to get the billing system worked out in the App Catalog.

I assume he was making it up, because there's no way we can have 70k apps already. Take what your Sprint store rep says with a grain--or entire shaker--of salt.
    lol yeah i know what you mean
    worry about yourself, this is how type if you dont like it, move along
    I can understand being offended. Maybe I should've said it in p.m. But I thought you might like to know that a number of readers are turned off and confused by the "big block of text."

So, like you suggest, I'll likely go back to skipping those kinds of posts, but at least now you know where some of us are coming from. Or maybe you alreadt knew. Either way, be well.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    wow, how did i exist without you guys
    Is that a question or a rhetorical exclamation? Seriously, if you want to communicate effectively and be understood, punctuation is extremely helpful. Rather than telling the only people who will listen to "move along," think about what you're asking of your audience. Help them help you.