Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    LOLBox is a front end for a few different "jokes" websites, such as FMyLife and the Cheezburger network.

"This application is available for free, but cannot be redistributed, and the source code is not open source"

Known Bugs
    FIXED in 1.4.0: Engirsh Funny not displaying spinner correctly
    FIXED in 1.4.0: Previous pictures changing
    SMS and Email sharing code works, menus do not handle commands correctly...

How to Use
    Run the application, then tap an option. Use the arrow in the bottom left to advance a FML or quote. When viewing FMLs, scroll down to see the comments. When viewing a LOL advance a picture by swiping from right to left. Use the pinch gesture to zoom in, or double tap.

Sites that this works with
    FMyLife
    FAILBlog
    Lolcats (ICanHasCheezburger)
    Loldogs (IHasAHotdog)
    Lolnews (Pundit Kitchen)
    Look-Alikes (Totally Looks Like)
    Lolcelebs (Roflrazzi)
    Bash.org IRC Quotes
    Not Always Right (Suggested by dhcalva)
    Graph Jam
    Texts From Last Night (Suggested by Mahootzki)
    Overheard in New York

Compatible with...
    Filecoaster
    Palm SDK palm-install method

Changelog
    1.0.0 (7/31/09)
    -First verison
    1.0.0 -> 1.1.0 (8/01/09)
    -Added Bash.org
    -Added Engrish Funny
    -Added Totally Looks Like
    -Changed interface for all Cheezburger network sites (swipe left/right to go forward/back, pinch zoom enabled)
    1.1.0 -> 1.2.0 (8/03/09)
    -Added Roflrazzi
    -Added 404 check for image URLs
    1.2.0 -> 1.2.1 (8/04/09)
    -Fixes for the future
    1.2.1 -> 1.3.0 (8/06/09)
    -Added Not Always Right
    -Added news ticker

1.3.0 -> 1.3.2 (8/11/09)
    -Added Texts From Last Night
    -Added Graph Jam
    -Bug fixes

Coming soon...
    AwkwardFamilyPhotos (Suggested by Thetaman)
    Send via Email and SMS
    And more! Coming soon...

NOTICE:
    Some of the jokes, mainly from Bash.org, FMyLife, and Texts From Last Night are inappropriate for kids.

DOWNLOAD:
    LOLBox is not available for download.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by TIWizard; 12/08/2009 at 05:20 PM. Reason: add link to Homebrew Apps
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    I will give it a shot. Let yall know.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Looks good. Can you use it with file coaster?
    Nice program...thanks.

Is there anyway that you could make the cheezburger website fit on the page without having to move the picture around?...maybe landscape mode?
    The FML part rocks, but the lol section isnt so well. The images don't scale properly (which is fine) but alot of the images don't load (which you said is a bug). So far so good though. The FML part is good as is. Maybe make this a pure FML app?
  6.    #6  
    I actually did get FailBlog to work and will upload an update now...

I do not actually have a Pre (Sept 1st ), so I cannot test landscape mode. This should work with FileCoaster

I am trying to get the ImageView widget to work so I can enable zooming, but that is for a later update.

FYI, ALL Failblog images load correctly in the emulator. Not sure about on-device.
    where i can get this app?
    Whrees the .ipk? Or did I go blind over night lol
  9.    #9  
    Sorry, I was swapping out the IPK. It is in the first post, now with FailBlog support. I will increase the version next time, but I just added a line if code... Not really worthy of a new version
    Haha, I could spend hours reading those FML, they make the app! Thanks much!

Edit: It would sure be cool if you could add the "email to:" option below the FML's for ones you wanted to send to someone or allow us to select the text to copy/paste into a text message or email.
    Last edited by volcom45; 07/31/2009 at 12:37 PM.
    Its great.. I am a fan of FML.. its really funny.. I wonder if its real stories or people are making it up..
    Why did you make the code hard to read? Are you hiding something? Sorry if I come off a bit paranoid here but I do not see a reason to do this as it would not prevent piracy.

edit: well I guess you could hash something and talk to a server to verify and hide the code in that mess.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    It would be bad *** if you could save the images from the program to the pre. Nice app regardless.
    Yay I finally have an actual app that neatly displays FMLs. I wish there was a way that I could vote on whether I agree or if they deserved it. I would figure that to be easy enough to implement, no?

Does it show the most recent FMLs or just random ones?
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by fain View Post
    Why did you make the code hard to read? Are you hiding something? Sorry if I come off a bit paranoid here but I do not see a reason to do this as it would not prevent piracy.

edit: well I guess you could hash something and talk to a server to verify and hide the code in that mess.
    I was testing the scrambling so I could implement a secret API key in the future. The website does not want the secret token for my API key public, so I have to hide it in the source. I have tried encrypting the key, but it is much more difficult to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by kadafy View Post
    It would be bad *** if you could save the images from the program to the pre. Nice app regardless.
    I will see what I can do

Quote Originally Posted by jasetroncs View Post
    Yay I finally have an actual app that neatly displays FMLs. I wish there was a way that I could vote on whether I agree or if they deserved it. I would figure that to be easy enough to implement, no?

Does it show the most recent FMLs or just random ones?
    This shows random FMLs, and I have to apply for an API key in order to allow for voting. I have applied, but they have not responded yet.

Also, I have gotten the image view to work... Next update will include a much better UI for the LOLs. You can swipe left and right (with a history) and can zoom, pan, etc.
    Last edited by TIWizard; 08/13/2009 at 01:30 PM.
    Global Posts
    51 Global Posts
    Another bad *** option would be the ability to send the picture to someone else by email or MMS.
    Quote Originally Posted by TIWizard View Post
    Images and file is attached. I have obfuscated the source code as a test. It seems to work correctly, yet make the source unreadable to humans.
    I would be interested in knowing what you used to obfuscate it? I recall talking with the guy who worked on Flightview and they had to do the same, but said it was extremely tedious in terms of testing. Did you have to clean anything up? issues? etc?
    http:/www.codeofdoom.com/wordpress

Five or More for the Palm Pre and Palm Pixi
  18.    #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by kadafy View Post
    Another bad *** option would be the ability to send the picture to someone else by email or MMS.
    Why didn't I think of that

I will add that with the next version, including Engrish Funny from the Cheezburger network

Quote Originally Posted by tont0r View Post
    I would be interested in knowing what you used to obfuscate it? I recall talking with the guy who worked on Flightview and they had to do the same, but said it was extremely tedious in terms of testing. Did you have to clean anything up? issues? etc?
    Last edited by TIWizard; 08/29/2009 at 04:34 PM.
    Niiiice, can you add the textsfromlastnight (TFLN) site to it? That would be awsome.
  20.    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Mahootzki View Post
    Niiiice, can you add the textsfromlastnight (TFLN) site to it? That would be awsome.
    I can. Maybe in the next update.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast