Global Posts
    245 Global Posts
    Has anyone tried TomTom in Classic? I found some old threads that suggested it would not work due to Classic's supposed inability to access the Pre's bluetooth stack. I couldn't find anything recent about a test on an actual device with the latest version of classic. I'm sure it won't work with the built in GPS, but I'm wondering if it will work with a bluetooth one. I would try it myself, but I don't have a Pre yet.

In a similar vein, does Sprint Nav work while roaming (and therefore without an EVDO connection)?
    Global Posts
    23 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Diesel Donkey View Post
    Has anyone tried TomTom in Classic? I found some old threads that suggested it would not work due to Classic's supposed inability to access the Pre's bluetooth stack. I couldn't find anything recent about a test on an actual device with the latest version of classic. I'm sure it won't work with the built in GPS, but I'm wondering if it will work with a bluetooth one. I would try it myself, but I don't have a Pre yet.

In a similar vein, does Sprint Nav work while roaming (and therefore without an EVDO connection)?
    sprint nav has to have a data connection at all times to work. there is a buffer so that if it does drop out for a few minutes it can still track until you get back into coverage. Yet if you are going into a dead zone for more then 5-10 minutes then yes you will loose your nav.
    On that thought, I am interested to see if tom tom is working also...
    +1 on answer for this one, i miss my tomtom from the wm diamond i had
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I wonder if a third party nav solution in the not-too-distant future is a possibility? Something similar to Tom Tom that can use the data connection when available to download traffic, POI, etc. but not rely on it for basic navigation or map downloading (storing maps on the USB)