Global Posts
    61 Global Posts
    I was continuing my daily gripe about there not being a facebook app after the advertising and it occurred to me that maybe Palm is working on something a little more complex than just a "facebook app"

They have facebook integrated into calendar and contacts via synergy - maybe they plan to expand on this and add it to messaging as well as further develop facebook integration into the contact menu.

My idea was that perhaps the contact app would allow you to flick left or right to bring up different menus for all the sources that synergy pulls from. With facebook as one of them, you could search by typing, or tap their name to expand the profile, poke, send a msg, or post.

There are of course some features that wouldn't be so clearcut with this idea, that's why it's just an idea!
    I was thinking the exact same thing as time has dragged on without a formal app. My guess is they may be planning to integrate facebook into the whole OS with status updates in the actual contact record, calendar events, pictures, etc.

Who knows? I need to see something soon though because my 30 days is up in about 2 weeks and if I don't get something in the way of improvements for facebook it's return time and back to the 'ol BB.
    I have used the built in upload to facebook option when reviewing my pictures several times and find it very useful. If it's any consolation (30 day trial guy), I just made the decision to stay with my phone on Tuesday. My gf and I jumped ship from Veris0n to Sprint so I could get the Pre. She chose the HTC Touch Pro but ended up liking mine in time for the Best Buy $99 Pre sale I'm confident that we will both continue to love the evolution of this very capable phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by blacknight View Post
    I was thinking the exact same thing as time has dragged on without a formal app. My guess is they may be planning to integrate facebook into the whole OS with status updates in the actual contact record, calendar events, pictures, etc.

Who knows? I need to see something soon though because my 30 days is up in about 2 weeks and if I don't get something in the way of improvements for facebook it's return time and back to the 'ol BB.
    I hope the Pre gets a facebook app at least as good as the BB version. Also, I wish the facebook contact integration was more like the BB instead of this "all or nothing" synergy crap. I have high hopes though, just need to be patient. I don't think it's worth jumping ship just for the facebook app.
    I would just like to be able to comment on other people's status. The lack of this one feature has be using the full web page vs. the mobile web page. The iPhone app is way better that what the Pre currently has, so I hope we get something that rivals, if not shames, the iPhone app.
    I would be extremely surprised if they weren't hard at work on a badass Facebook app as I'm typing this.
    you know, when I first got this phone I didn't really care about facebook, now use it all the time and wish for many things. First, to be able to send messages check stutus and whatnot from the phone would be awesome! Also a dedicated app would be cool too! Most importantly the facebook app needs to have ability to comment on status, upload pics to any album, notifications, and more functionality period.
    Quote Originally Posted by rexalbel View Post
    you know, when I first got this phone I didn't really care about facebook, now use it all the time and wish for many things. First, to be able to send messages check stutus and whatnot from the phone would be awesome! Also a dedicated app would be cool too! Most importantly the facebook app needs to have ability to comment on status, upload pics to any album, notifications, and more functionality period.
    +1! Also, I would like to be able to 'like' comments, etc.
    I use yahoo mobile. you just add all your social networking (Facebook, Myspace, Twitter, Youtube) under social pulse. It lets you update status for all at one time. You can like or dislike a status, comment, poke and everything else that I use on a regular basis. The address is new.m.yahoo.com. Hope this helps.
    Quote Originally Posted by IGorbot View Post
    I have used the built in upload to facebook option when reviewing my pictures several times and find it very useful.
    this feature is very good. I am annoyed because I cannot put a description in at upload time though. I find myself logging in to the main facebook site and adding captions there. Pre does a good job rendering main site imo.