1.    #1  
    After a few rough crashes and restarts, I was able to successfully load, install, register and use Penticon's Hebrew Lite and its related Luach and, along with TealPoint's TealDoc, once again read my PalmOS Hebrew documents, this time on my Pre. The below screenshots show some of the results.

I'm in touch with the folks at Penticon, and strongly encouraging them to try to develop a WebOS version, but in the meantime, those of you who (like me) depend on Hebrew documents can once again carry them with you wherever you go. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter
    Thanks for testing and reporting back guess its time to get Penticon to Certify their app?

Also, please contribute at Classic Well (Classic Well - MotionApps), so that all the Classic users can benefit from your testing results.
    Thanks for your report. I was holding back from buying a pre because other posters mentioned they were getting the blue screen of death. it scared me to death. those programs are very important to me. HOw did you get the programs to work, was it easy ? or did you need help from penticon? I can't seem to get any response from them
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by it40we View Post
    Thanks for your report. I was holding back from buying a pre because other posters mentioned they were getting the blue screen of death. it scared me to death. those programs are very important to me. HOw did you get the programs to work, was it easy ? or did you need help from penticon? I can't seem to get any response from them
    I am in touch with them, although they've been relying on me for Pre-related info. Essentially, while it still crashes for me, requiring a few safe-mode Classic resets, it just generally worked. For best results, you should leave Hebrew Lite disabled when you're not using it, and you may want to keep Classic's speed on normal rather than fast. Much success, and I know the folks at Penticon are hearing from many Pre owners. Let me know if you buy a Pre now. {ProfJonathan}
    Penticon finally contacted me & said that it works but without "integration" even for the palmOS calander which is a bummer...not very useful if you cannot make a reminder for hebrew dates...I know classic has other programs that have reminders working in the palmOS calander in classic. I guess I'll just wait till the full app catalog comes out & see if someone writes a luach type app for the pre.
    Wow, I had forgotten about Penticon!! Can't believe how much I miss my old Palms, loaded with tons of Hebrew apps & books, from the mid-90's!! Here it is 2009, we can get a Magic8 Ball to vibrate & predict the future ... but read/write an email in Hebrew? Carry a basic Hebrew book? "Too esoteric?"

BTW -- I read a recent post recommending Google Calendar for some basic luach support, but you seem way ahead of all of this.

Have you written/posted the procedure you followed to enable some of the "old" reliable items? I'd love to shadow the steps you followed ....