1.    #1  
    I had to hard reset my Pre the other day, and made sure to completely copy over my entire USB "drive" first. Afterwards, Classic itself restored from my Palm Profile, but when I restored my USB files, my PalmOS apps were no longer installed on Classic. Is there a way to backup and restore the Classic environment, at least before HotSync support is added? Thank you. {ProfJonathan}
    is there a classic app folder on your backup?
    Global Posts
    139 Global Posts
    You'll have to use a PalmOS backup app. I recommend Resco Backup personally. It will create its backup files on the USB drive space. After resetting Classic, you can then launch the backup app and do a restore.
    Palm IIIx-->Palm Vx-->Kyocera 6035-->Kyocera 7135-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p-->Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by bitmage View Post
    You'll have to use a PalmOS backup app. I recommend Resco Backup personally. It will create its backup files on the USB drive space. After resetting Classic, you can then launch the backup app and do a restore.
    bitmage is right - to create backups, it is best to use some third party Palm OS app. At least until HotSync is out.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks--I'll try BackupBuddyNVS. {ProfJonathan}
    Prof. Jonathan I. Ezor
    Writer, PreCentral
    Past Palm Real Reviewer
    @webOSquire on Twitter