Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Unlike with my Treo 800w, when I get a second call on my Pre, I don't see an "ignore with message" option. I don't even see a plain "ignore" option. Do these exist?

Thanks.
    Sheldon
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    I am unaware of any "Ignore with Message" functionality. However to ignore a call simply press the power buttong (top right button) twice. Once will simply stop the ringer, twice will send the call to voicemail.
    Global Posts
    21 Global Posts
    I do believe that function is available but that was one of the nice features of the old Treos.....they should add it to the list
    Global Posts
    14 Global Posts
    sorry, double post.
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by xominous View Post
    I am unaware of any "Ignore with Message" functionality. However to ignore a call simply press the power buttong (top right button) twice. Once will simply stop the ringer, twice will send the call to voicemail.
    I am becoming astounded at the simple features Palm left out. What were they thinking? Don't they realize people have come to rely on these features on other phones, particularly the Treo? Don't they realize that Apple had to add stuff it originally left out of the iPhone?

In too many ways the phone, great as it is, is a step backwards. Where's voice dialing?
    Quote Originally Posted by srichman View Post
    I am becoming astounded at the simple features Palm left out. What were they thinking? Don't they realize people have come to rely on these features on other phones, particularly the Treo? Don't they realize that Apple had to add stuff it originally left out of the iPhone?

In too many ways the phone, great as it is, is a step backwards. Where's voice dialing?
    Voice dialing? Really? Does anyone actually use that? It always seemed like more of a novelty than anything...
    I think palms thoughts could have been launch it now to grab the press before wwdc and to start generating revenue before they "died with the gun in their hands".
    I for one am comfortable enough with the platfom to believe those are features that can and will be added in due time. Not a dealbreaker for me, and i'd assume most early pre buyers..
    Global Posts
    45 Global Posts
    I used voice dialing often. In a car with Blue Tooth, it is great.
    Global Posts
    473 Global Posts
    Voice dialing in the car is a must.......plus having the caller name announced via bluetooth headset was the best when in a car. (never looked at screen to know if answer or ignore )
    T300 - T600 - T650 - T700p - T755p - T800w - Pre
    I know this is not going to help you, but as one who has lived through every evolution of Treo there has been, and has been a first day buyer on almost all of them.

Palm was in a bad place and had to get something out immediately. All companies answer to investors and investors wanted to see something from Palm last year.

I should say all companies release the products when they are pretty much working, not perfectly working. They will fix the issues and the missing features, the first focus was to generate sales.

People will bash Palm over this but this is true with the Iphone that I bought, it is true with the $3K Canon DSLR that I bought. Firmware fixes, feature fixes are all a part of most companies product releases anymore. My Canon 5DMk2 hada firmware fix immediately, and 9 months later they added some features that people felt were missing.

Palm will get all those features working, and anything Palm doesn't do, a third party will do.
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    I should say all companies release the products when they are pretty much working, not perfectly working. They will fix the issues and the missing features, the first focus was to generate sales.
    I see it more as corporate culture. Palm is following the pattern of Apple's iPhone: release a basic product, update later.

Other companies, not so much. With my old Sony Clies, NX73 and TH55, there were only minor bugfixes, fixes of bugs we never knew existed. The products were full featured out of the box from day one, but the feature set is set, don't expect any updates to add features. Like the CF card driver that's missing on the NX70v, if it's not there out of the box, you'll never get it, unless you buy the newer NX73/80. Same thing with my Walkman NWZ-A728, you only get new features if you buy new devices.

Palm and Apple are more computer companies, where updates are normal. Sony is a consumer gadget company, people don't buy transistor radios with FM only while expecting AM receiving functionality coming in a later update.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    hopefully they add the functionality in an update. I used the ignore with message all of the time on my Centro.
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donjay56 View Post
    hopefully they add the functionality in an update. I used the ignore with message all of the time on my Centro.
    Any update on this funtion .. I think is very easy when you can't talk and you send the ignore with message.. Thanks for any info