1.    #1  
    If I email a link and click it, nothing appears in my app launcher. If I used the windows app to install, it disappear from the app but never appears in my app launcher.

My device is rooted. Something must be wrong there. I have the tip calculator that was installed prior to 0.1.4. Since then no Homebrewed will show up in the launcher.

Which directory are the apps stored in the WebOS? I can log in as root and see if they are indeed installing. It may be a write issue on the directory.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    Quote Originally Posted by godschoice View Post
    If I email a link and click it, nothing appears in my app launcher. If I used the windows app to install, it disappear from the app but never appears in my app launcher.

My device is rooted. Something must be wrong there. I have the tip calculator that was installed prior to 0.1.4. Since then no Homebrewed will show up in the launcher.

Which directory are the apps stored in the WebOS? I can log in as root and see if they are indeed installing. It may be a write issue on the directory.
    Hey buddy... this is all over the PREcentral... but I will put it here to help you out!

You have two options, you can use this: Tutorials webOS Installing An Ipk - WebOS Internals.

Or, you can do this: http://forums.precentral.net/homebre...installer.html.

I hope this helps ya and any others out there who may not know what to do!

Thanks,

cybrspidey
    Did you reboot after installing?
    Palm History: Palm III>IIIc>CLIÉ NR70v>CLIÉ TG50>Tungsten C>Treo 650>Treo 700p>Centro>Pre!! 6/5/09
    Phone History: Way too long

Sorry Timmy, SERO does not work with the Pre.
    If you have an iTouch click me.
    just a thought here..

Go into RUN- Services.msc..

look for Palm Novacom driver then check to see if its currently started, if not start it.

I had to do this, also when yu finish you app install session do NOT STOP Novacom driver
    I also agree you should install filecoaster on your pre it will be an easy on the fly way to install apps.
  6.    #6  
    You all missed it. I have not problem installing the apps, they just don't show up on the Pre. I've tried all of the solutions and they all go through the motion but never show on the Pre. That why I am asking if someone knows what directory they would show up in on the Pre itself, this is more likely a question for people who have rooted the Pre or have developed a Homebewed app for the Pre.
    Looking for a way to earn additional income? One that allows you to not only market services people use everyday, but the services of the future too? This opportunity provides outstanding earning potential with ongoing training and support. You are in business for yourself but never by yourself. Stop imagining and start living.

Independent Representative
    Carl Brooks
    carl@techloyal.com
    http://www.techloyal.com
    When You installed using SDK did the terminal Box open With Command lines then close?

This may be a silly suggestion but did you scroll down on your first launcher page?

Also did you check to see thast the Novacom driver is started when you are copying the files?
    I have had a similar issue. It first showed up with one of the updates to "Twee" but was resolved with the next update. I am currently having an issue with "Solitaire". I have no problem installing the 0.9.6 version, but I can not get the 0.9.9 version on my Pre in any way...
    I have the same issue. If I delete other apps then I am able to get new ones. My pre says I have a ton of memory left, but it seems after about 90 apps it wants to crap out and make me delete before I can add new...just a though
  10.    #10  
    I could even add regular apps anymore. It kept saying delete apps to make more room, but deleting everything would not resolve the issue.

Finally I had to use the WebOS Doctor tool to totally redo and wipe the device. Now I can add Homebrew apps all day. I moss some of the things I could do with the rooted Pre, but I will have to deal with this way. Can't wait to try the GolfGPS tool this Monday.
    i think someone should test and see how many apps we can have totally, is it about the space web os leaves us or is it how many icons we can have or is it just a bottle neck number that is preset into the operating system. caus without video, i dont know what to use my space for i have like 3 gigs left. and i stream too much music to even think about adding more. and i already have 2 gigs of music. i wanna use this space for apps. and saved content. we need to free up our pre's.