Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by bennyandthesets View Post
    Wow, I almost forgot that there was an "app catalog" so used to checking the homebrews
    +1 !!!
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    If OpenTable lets you make reservations without problems I'll be happy. Don't ask me why but I hate calling to make reservations. My girlfriend loves to go to Ruth's Chris a few times a week so it would be cool to be able to make the reservations on my phone without calling. Can't wait to try it.
    Wow. I'm speechless. I don't want to get flamed so I'll leave it alone. I know. Be patient.

Thank goodness for brews!
    Who wouldn't love to go to Ruth's Chris a few times a week? Sheesh. Wish I could afford that.

Anyway, OpenTable is pretty cool, but the selection is very limited in my small metro area. Would be very nice for traveling, though.

Let's hope that this is merely the leading edge of an avalanche of apps about to hit us.
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    ....Lets hope for more useful ones soon
    Global Posts
    294 Global Posts
    They really must think we like to eat... another app based on locating resturaunts...?

Oh well progress is progress. I'll download it and check it out for the hell of it.
    Global Posts
    301 Global Posts
    I love the idea of Open Table but then take it to the next level. Maybe have it intergrated with the calendar like Fandango does and also send a meeting reminder to the other attendees with a link for directions to the resturant. That would be awesome!
    Sprint Phones owned since Fall of 2001: Samsung I300, Samsung I330, Samsung I500, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Centro, 800w, Palm Pre, Samsung Epic and now the HTC 3D EVO.
    Global Posts
    147 Global Posts
    All this time, and these are the best apps they can put up? Come on...
    OpenTable could be a very useful app if a few changes are made:

- This one isn't a fault of the OpenTable app necessarily, but it is an annoyance. The current "Menu" button links to the restaurant's web page. This would be ok; however, due to the Pre's current inability to download PDF files from web pages (the format of most restaurant menus), this feature is currently useless in most cases.

- Increase the number of restaurants available. The selection is pretty limited.

- Instead of asking the user to "Select Metro", allow them to enter in a city or zip code. This would be related to increasing the number of restaurants/cities available in their database.

- The Mojo SDK doesn't currently have a calendar widget. So OpenTable was stuck using the Date Selector widget. The problem with this is that I don't know what day of the week a certain date is. In many cases when making reservations, I know I want to go out on Saturday night, but I may not know off hand what date that is. At the very least, it should show the day of the week after selecting a date. Ideally, the SDK would have a calendar widget and OpenTable would use it in a future revision.

- The application only searches for 2 hours within your selected time. What if I don't care what time of night I eat on a particular day? It would be nice if I could select just the date and it would find all reservations available on that day.

These last 3 items are more "nice-to-haves":

- When I click the restaurant's address, Google Maps doesn't load. It would be nice to be able to get directions there. I can click the little map icon at the bottom of the screen to see a map, but still directions would be nice.

- No phone number is available for any restaurant.

- No way to add additional notes to the reservations (infant seat required, etc.)
    Global Posts
    55 Global Posts
    I agree this is a potentially useful app. I have used the online version in the past and it works well. Interestingly, when I logged on (as a prior user) it showed old reservations I had. However, if I look for the specific restaurant where I made a reservation previously, it isn't listed. In other words, I could access a restaurant online with Open Table, but I can't make a reservation at the same restaurant with my Pre.
    sounds like a promising app from what you guys are describing. I guess I will just call in my reservations for now.
    Damn. I thought I got slighted when I bought a PS3. Just kidding. Let's just hope that there are more (tons more) apps on the way.
    Global Posts
    720 Global Posts
    I hope OpenTable works like it appears to. My girlfriend and I eat late a lot, and it's hard finding restaurants that are open late. We usually end up going to Fridays over and over. It would be nice to open an app, select a time, and get only restaurants open at the selected time. I'll try it out, but something tells me that it doesn't work that way.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Opentable is a nice app to have, I don't have my pre yet but was excited to see this. I use opentable online all the time, and it would be handy to have it on the pre.
    Global Posts
    83 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhody View Post
    I hope OpenTable works like it appears to. My girlfriend and I eat late a lot, and it's hard finding restaurants that are open late. We usually end up going to Fridays over and over. It would be nice to open an app, select a time, and get only restaurants open at the selected time. I'll try it out, but something tells me that it doesn't work that way.
    It may not be the best for that use. Judging from using it online it would work to tell you places that are open during that time, but there might be other places in your area that are open that aren't on open table. Not all restaurants are on open table. They have to link up their reservation system with open table so not all restaurants want or can do this. It is more for managing reservations than finding places.
    should come in handy
    There are 2 new apps that I saw, one which I love and use all the time on the Web, OpenTable, lets you add existing reservations to your calendar, invite other people, cancel and make new reservations. Very nice.

There is another one called, Fliq Bookmarks , which syncs your mac bookmarks to your pre, but that one is of no use to me as I live a mac free life and have for the past 20 yrs....

Keep em coming guys.....
    Global Posts
    599 Global Posts
    Your a dollar short and a day late. Please search next time before creating the 10th post on the same topic.
    So I was thinking.. with all the amazing apps in the Homebrew section, someone should build an alternate App Catalog to browse, download & install them easily right from the Pre!

Perhaps PreCentral would even be willing host the central application server, since they're already providing the most active forum for sharing them?

If someone could do this, I'd consider them one of the Heroes of the Palm Pre Homebrew community!
    Already been requested... please use the search option!
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast